Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th April 2017, 05:51   #11
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
Ahhh, thanks. I may have done, that was a while ago! Nice to see its still in the right hands. I was just a little surprised to see it so close to home, I'll have to go round that way more often. It could still do with a wash though.
Well it does happen that when cars are left out in the open to the elements, they can become unkempt looking. I had a similar experience....I am out in Africa at the moment and another member, unknowingly posted up a comment of my S reg, as looking abandoned and covered in leaves and BS....... LOL

One of the forum gurus is looking after LJW and had parked it under a tree, across the road from where another member lives.

Thats how it goes and as you said, all that is needed is a good wash.

Have a great weekend....Happy Easter to you and the family
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 06:47   #12
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

There is another forum who are actually buying cars and getting them back in to a condition to be proud of. I've been a member on here since 2014 I beland still waiting for this car to be repaired, repairing and preserving cars should be a priority surely, is this not what the forum is about ??
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 07:15   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
There is another forum who are actually buying cars and getting them back in to a condition to be proud of. I've been a member on here since 2014 I beland still waiting for this car to be repaired, repairing and preserving cars should be a priority surely, is this not what the forum is about ??
Good morning Les, you raise valid points. I can't offer any comments about OVP's restoration, as the one who is in the know is Christopher. Perhaps he might be able to bring us up to date when he sees this. OVP is a very special S reg with bundles of history and personality in my opinion. Members still hold interest because of this

As for this club saving cars, restoring and preserving them, is a subject which has been discussed before several times. Did you want to start a new thread about it?
Old 15th April 2017, 07:31   #14
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Les, you raise valid points. I can't offer any comments about OVP's restoration, as the one who is in the know is Christopher. Perhaps he might be able to bring us up to date when he sees this. OVP is a very special S reg with bundles of history and personality in my opinion. Members still hold interest because of this

As for this club saving cars, restoring and preserving them, is a subject which has been discussed before several times. Did you want to start a new thread about it?
Good morning Philip, as you stated it's been discussed before. Seeing as OVP is a really special car I think Christopher or the Owners Club should really make more effort to get this car back to a presentable condition and keep the Club informed as to progress. As I mentioned another forum can do it and they do it without the resources this forum has and they keep the members better informed. I'm not into criticising people or forum members so I hope the people in charge see this as an opportunity to reply to members and keep us informed as to progress "progress" being the issue here
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 08:20   #15
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I'm absolutely fascinated by OVP and glad it's within the club even though it needs work cosmetically. There have been many discussions over the years as to fully restore or leave as is, I'm in the fully restore camp. Christopher is extremely busy due to the work he does so I would guess his free time is limited and whilst the car is maintained mechanically there are no plans I'm aware of for anything more at the moment

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 09:42   #16
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thank you Les for those thoughts and thank you Mark for advising us about Christopher's very busy schedule and OVP. It's very expensive to restore an S reg and bring it up to a standard similar to when it left the factory. It was built on 03 October 1998. With LJW, I have spent thousands of pounds keeping it on the road and looking presentable. Some might say I am mad to do this, but it can't be helped I am still feeling positive about OVP. Its dents and appearance is all part of its history. Only time will tell, how the rest of the story goes

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 15th April 2017 at 09:45..
Old 15th April 2017, 10:13   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

if its been spotted in Southampton, then I wonder if Reebs is looking after the cars, as he is based there.
Old 15th April 2017, 13:30   #18
Yossarian
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 190

There are a lot of trees round there and they do make a difference. My bus is in a yard surrounded by trees and it slowly turns green over the winter.

I don't know if OVP is there regularly. Like I say, it's only five minutes away but I don't normally go that way. I will do so more often now. I think Reebs is over Hedge End way about six miles from here so I don't think it's him unless he's visiting.

As for 'restoration' I'm one of the leave it alone brigade. It has a few knocks and scratches but most of those will have happened within Longbridge. You can't buy history like that.

I was just pleased to see it's still around.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 14:06   #19
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Apologies for going slightly off subject but if anyone is looking for an early 75 to save then there are two on ebay..
Possibly launch cars but not sure..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-C...gAAOSw4CFY7Nss

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-2...AAAOSwAANY6Ttw
Not what the wheels are on this one..Aftermarket maybe..

Cheers Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 14:24   #20
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
Apologies for going slightly off subject but if anyone is looking for an early 75 to save then there are two on ebay..
Possibly launch cars but not sure..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-C...gAAOSw4CFY7Nss

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-2...AAAOSwAANY6Ttw
Not what the wheels are on this one..Aftermarket maybe..

Cheers Ian
They are a Rover 75 wheel Ian

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams