Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th February 2020, 16:13   #10861
190+
Regular poster

MG ZT

Still stripping out my zt 180 for spares.
190+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 16:50   #10862
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Emptied my tools out of the ZT, and filled it to the brim with all manner of stuff, door cards, a couple of wings, two dozen IPK dial faces, a box of LSM, a box of diesel ECM, a couple of V6 bits, a pair of powerfolds with switch packs and looms, and a complete saloon Harmon Kardon setup and other stuff I no longer need or want, then drove to the tip.

On my return I have started to strip my shed out of the Marina hoard, the scrapman has just taken three A series engines, six steering racks, three propshafts, two type 65 Borg Warner gearboxes, and five brand new exhaust systems, along with two new fuel tanks, and a couple of new wings.

I bet the weigh in won't know how rare or indeed what these parts are worth, I'm not bothered, there will be two K series engines out there tomorrow, and a Torsen PG1 gearbox along with three R65U.

Next week I'm dragging the cars off the front, and down to the scrapyard, my wife deserves better, and I'm going to give it to her .

Brian

You cannot take this stuff to the grave, it doesn't make you feel better hoarding stuff, it doesn't matter how rare or valuable
Ah man could have done with the powerfolds, a set of ZT door cards and HK door speakers. If you're looking for a recycling center for your T4 I'll sort that for you

Must feel like a big relief after getting rid of all that and see some free space again. I got rid of a lot of silly spares I had around the garage last year. Don't really keep any spares anymore and just buy parts and and when I need them.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 21:35   #10863
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Fitted a rear anti roll bar to my 1.8T. A good used 18mm ARB and brackets along with new stainless steel bolts, drop links and bushes. It's made a noticeable difference to the handling and steering without any detriment to ride quality. £70 well spent.

While the back end was in the air and wheels off I stripped the rear calipers, cleaned and lubed before reassembly. The new pads I bought 'just in case' can go back to ECP as the existing ones have loads of meat still on them. Gave the suspension a brush to remove the build up of sand and salt collecting on the members and in the spring pan. Frustratingly the rubber spring seat on the OS arm covers the drain hole but to no obvious detriment.
Old 24th February 2020, 21:37   #10864
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Emptied my tools out of the ZT, and filled it to the brim with all manner of stuff, door cards, a couple of wings, two dozen IPK dial faces, a box of LSM, a box of diesel ECM, a couple of V6 bits, a pair of powerfolds with switch packs and looms, and a complete saloon Harmon Kardon setup and other stuff I no longer need or want, then drove to the tip.

On my return I have started to strip my shed out of the Marina hoard, the scrapman has just taken three A series engines, six steering racks, three propshafts, two type 65 Borg Warner gearboxes, and five brand new exhaust systems, along with two new fuel tanks, and a couple of new wings.

I bet the weigh in won't know how rare or indeed what these parts are worth, I'm not bothered, there will be two K series engines out there tomorrow, and a Torsen PG1 gearbox along with three R65U.

Next week I'm dragging the cars off the front, and down to the scrapyard, my wife deserves better, and I'm going to give it to her .

Brian

You cannot take this stuff to the grave, it doesn't make you feel better hoarding stuff, it doesn't matter how rare or valuable
Brian, You'll be back in one form or another, once an engineer, always an engineer, petrol head, car enthusiast, you wont be able to adopt your pipe and slippers just yet, daytime TV is awful by the way.

Its safe to say cars make memories, they make memories for everyone, even for the lovely women in our lives. Go buy the lady what she wants (a shiny new motor) and get yourself a good classic to while away those enjoyable hours, we all need that important man time.

You don't want to be putting up flowery curtains and fluffy cushions in your man-cave.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 22:29   #10865
PRoverB

Rover 75 Connoisseur

Default R-OVER but not OUT!

I did this, or my Rover did this…not sure yet if the weather, some spillage on the road or recent work on steering caused it but after an involuntary veering to the left and smashing backwards up the pavement and spinning into, along and over barriers on the A406 we came to a park across three lanes of London’s noose road. I only had my 75 for about eight months but right up to and including the disaster it impressed me no end. I un-clicked my seat belt and stepped from the chaos with just a cut lip from the airbag punching me in the face. Despite the external destruction, the interior kept it’s shape. Tough car!
Hopefully I’ll get another one if Insurance coughs up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r3.jpg (93.4 KB, 52 views)
PRoverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 23:37   #10866
PRoverB

Rover 75 Connoisseur

The 406 is lovely at three o'clock in the morning though! I am already on the lookout for a 75, in the meantime my demented Ford Probe is reanimated. A complete opposite from the 75 but I love them both.
PRoverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 00:16   #10867
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Looked at mine and thought " must give it a wash when it stops raining" !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2020, 17:58   #10868
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Replaced the leaking screen washer pump. Hoped it would solve poor pressure issue I had.

Now have no leak, but no pressure to jets either, just dribbles of water onto bonnet with occasional jet hitting bottom of screen.

Filter in bottle was very clean, no gunk at all. Used a pin on jets, no change. Pulled tube off pump and switched on, squirted half a tank into the bumper, seems to be plenty of pressure there.

Blocked tubing somewhere? Passenger side was always more powerful than driver side. Now passenger side just dribbles better than the driver side...

Typical that I have the problem just before MoT due...

Hopefully I'll have another dry day tomorrow to do more testing.

Last edited by Slaya; 26th February 2020 at 17:59.. Reason: spelling
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2020, 18:37   #10869
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default washers

I had a similar problem and it was the washer/squirter itself - poking around with a pin made no difference so I ended up 'borrowing' one off my Mazda to get through an MOT. Ebay prices for a squirter/washer vary massively - I ended up buying something for a Mini (?) Focus (?) because they were cheaper and then everything was fine
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2020, 21:11   #10870
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I replaced my washer filter with the BMW one from DMGRS. I also filled up the bottle with pretty much boiling water and bleach, and squirted it all onto the screen over a couple of days. Probably not recommended, but it works great now?!
richw is offline   Reply With Quote