Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd April 2023, 21:03   #31
Mstf07

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Hi Mustafa, you stated earlier that you could hear a water leak/hissing in the V of the engine, can you look in there and see if there is any signs of coolant escaping, as others have noted it does sound like you have a thermostat issue, at least part of your problems and it is situated in that V area. It is also a know failure point on the V6

Hello Maxfly firstly thanks for your comment.

Exactly i hear sound center of engine down like a balloon leaking air, but other side all hoses are normal no any leak but as i said center of engine down a mysterious leaking sound but I can't see it.

Does it leak in case of thermostat failure?

Thank yok

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi
Mstf07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2023, 21:22   #32
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstf07 View Post
Hello Maxfly firstly thanks for your comment.

Exactly i hear sound center of engine down like a balloon leaking air, but other side all hoses are normal no any leak but as i said center of engine down a mysterious leaking sound but I can't see it.

Does it leak in case of thermostat failure?

Thank yok

Yes the thermostat housing can leak, if you take shine a torch into the V, where you are hearing the hissing you should see a black plastic part, this is the thermostat. Look for moisture gathering below it and if you do, it will need replacing. Dmgrs sell replacement parts here and can ship internationally. They also have a discount code you can use. The have a section on thsiforum in the traders area
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2023, 06:43   #33
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
The upper hose very hot and it's strange bottom hose also hot ... but as i said radiator always cold as Iceland.
So the bottom hose was cold and now it is suddenly hot yet the engine is still overheating.

I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that the previous owner has put a sealant in the cooling system similar to K-Seal available (and to be avoided) in this country. These products can seal things which need to be kept clear such as the thermostat's mechanism and possibly even the radiator tubes.

Simon
Old 26th April 2023, 20:21   #34
Mstf07

Rover 75 Saloon

Default I need some masters ( puzzle time )

Hello again after a short break, I had to leave the car for the service because it suddenly stopped on the road one evening and did not work again. they told me that there are leaks in the manifold top cover of my vehicle and that there is no gasket there. There is no place that sells gaskets in my city and they told me to cut gaskets. I'm a little stuck

Here is the video from service what they send me

In translate of video, they are showing me that, thermostat need to change and there is no gasket? Im surprised about it

https://files.fm/u/4efdjd8ux

Last edited by Mstf07; 26th April 2023 at 20:28..
Old 27th April 2023, 07:55   #35
SD1too

Quote:
... they told me that there are leaks in the manifold top cover of my vehicle and that there is no gasket there ... they told me to cut gaskets.

The area that you have marked in yellow Mustafa is the camshaft cover with three recesses which contain the sparking plugs which your garage hasn't removed. There is no gasket required on top of the camshaft cover so I don't understand what your garage is trying to tell you (see item 9 here). There is a gasket underneath the cover but the screws are still in place so your garage doesn't appear to have removed it.

If your garage is renewing the thermostat, refer to this diagram. After reassembling the plastic parts (items 4, 5 & 8) it is essential that the serrated clips (item 7), are both moved fully outwards in the channel in the straight pipe (item 5) so that they are touching the water pump housing (on the left) and the thermostat housing (on the right) before squeezing the serrated jaws tightly closed so that the clips cannot move.
If this is not done, after a period you will have a coolant leak in the 'V' and you'll have to pay to have it all done again.

Your garage can obtain all parts from DMGRS and Rimmer Brothers both of which will post to Turkey.

Simon
Old 29th April 2023, 15:13   #36
Mstf07

Rover 75 Saloon

hello everyone and nice days! Mr.Simon i hope you have a nice day, today a phone call came from the service and said that when they started the car after collecting it, the car was getting air from somewhere and it was vibrating loudly and they were trying to find the problem. I am just astonished. my car has error code p0132 and they know about it, maybe because of this there is flickering and noise working? or if it is getting air, where could the master overlook? thank you, regards

Old 29th April 2023, 15:39   #37
SD1too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
P0132 = Left-hand bank upstream O2 sensor fault.
My earlier reply, post no. 11.

Simon