Old 21st February 2018, 19:35   #22
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
Fiver a week our her benefits
Stuff that! She should be made to pay the lot at once. Let her experience the hardships that othets face on daily basis that DO work. Also she should mert the paramedics who attended and apologize to them personally.
Old 21st February 2018, 21:23   #23
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Maybe community service would have been a better punishment? That way at least she would have to do something. I know some people think this is an easy option but I have heard some once they have done a few hours see if they can pay a fine instead. Maybe an hours service for every pound of her fine? How about Ambulance cleaning?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 02:57   #24
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Maybe community service would have been a better punishment? That way at least she would have to do something. I know some people think this is an easy option but I have heard some once they have done a few hours see if they can pay a fine instead. Maybe an hours service for every pound of her fine? How about Ambulance cleaning?
An excellent suggestion. Totally agree.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 06:50   #25
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
Fiver a week our her benefits

Or sell some sort of "hard luck" story to a newspaper and make thousands out of it .....
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:21   #26
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Aye and who’ll be paying?
As she doesn’t work looks like we lose again
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 12:31   #27
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
As she doesn’t work looks like we lose again
Regards
Chris
Which is why Community Service would be more sensible than a fine.

At least then she would do something for society as a whole rather than do nothing but take from it.

Being unbelievably foul mouthed to people who contribute more to us all in a single day than she has probably done in the last few years is typical of a millennium snowflake.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:13   #28
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I see there are comments from her featured in the SUN on line!

I wonder if she was paid by them?

Also, how does someone who is on benefits afford a solicitor to represent them in court ?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:48   #29
jordimussol
Avid contributor

2005 MG ZT & 1996 MGF

I had a similar story with some neighbours.

This is at home, here in Spain. I live in a town street where all houses are attached, wall to wall. My house happens to be a first floor flat and ground floor is the garage, with electric door. I have what could be translated as a 'no parking, garage' sign which you pay the townhall and they give you a plaque and paint yellow lines outside your garage so nobody (not even yourself) can park as it's an entrance/exit to a residence. In my town, as with most towns in Spain, we do monthly swaps, so one month you can park on the left side, the next on the right. This was to make it fair on residents on either side of the street.

Cut long story short, my neighbours, just opposite me, have always been able to park outside their house. Since we've always parked our cars inside our garage (we can fit up to 4 cars) they usually just park near my house, adjacent and sometimes being a bit cheeky half of car at my garage because 'since you know it's us, you can just ask us to move and we'll let you in/out your house'. IF they're VERY cheeky, they just park outside my garage completely blocking me because 'it was just 5 minutes' dropping off grandkids or shopping or whatever. That does do my head in to say the least. Because 50-100yards away there are plenty of places.
20-30 years they have been doing that and I got more and more angry until a few months ago, I decided to call the police (since I pay for it) and get them to come over and I can get their car towed and they get a fine. 30 minutes they had been parked there and me not able to get in our out of my house. Sometimes in the mornings I get other cars and I am late for work.

The guy comes out the house, and cheekily says:
I was only here 5 minutes.
Me: nope, 25 minutes. Been timing you.
he says: Well.. 5 minutes up or down... I'm sorry!
Me: I've had enough of you lot always being cheeky about it and causing me the nuisance of having to wait. You do realise I have to pay to get in and out of my house? PAY.
He: Yeah. well.. we're neighbours... I'm sorry
Me: Well, just wait for the police to show up and you can argue with them. I'm sick tired and don't want to argue and I'm fed up of your cheekyness and lack of respect. You've been doing this for as far as I remember and yet you continue to do so. I've now lost 30mins of my time waiting for you to come move your car, now you will lose 30mins of yours.

Police show up, give him a ticket, he starts kicking off, the father comes out, starts shouting at me, tells me who my father was, and what kind of job my mom has... I'm 6ft2 and weigh nearly 100kgs. No small guy yet I don't deal with threats too well. I was very calm that day. The fine was only 40eu.

They keep on insulting me, shouting and saying this is no way to treat neighbours. I say EXACTLY, I've never had a problem with you and why do you keep on insisting giving me trouble with parking your vehicles outside my house where you know you can't?

Anyway... they threatened me, the old guy said he's want to see me dead, the other guy threatened me that if they saw me fixing cars (my cars) again I'd get reported for having an illegal garage (I own three cars and 4 motorbikes, also keep custody of my mom's car and my mates come to my garage to fix their own bikes, I just lend them the tools - no moneys exchanged).

People who live in their own little world and don't give a damn about the rest are dangerous.
jordimussol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:48   #30
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Also, how does someone who is on benefits afford a solicitor to represent them in court ?
Legal aid, helps meet the costs of legal advice and representation in court.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote