Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th June 2019, 09:57   #91
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Has anybody here actually heard the radio program concerned? Or, more importantly, the actual remark? There are other examples of things that should not have been said, anywhere - let alone on national radio, that have achieved notoriety that have resulted in serious consequences. Each escape of foul wind subsequently gets the norm that much higher.

Another question: anyone know the title of the so-called show? Heresy. from my Webster's Dictionary: 'Any course of conduct or instruction designed to produce dissention and schism...'. They actually plan to cause friction by such a title. So far as anyone can tell there is no suggestion that Brand would do such a thing. On the other hand her fans contain an element of limited sensibilities and it is reasonable to think that the BBC would know that. They are as culpable as she is.

The 'employment' false herring. She is not directly employed on the BBC staff account. She receives fees for her appearance on a session basis - handsome fees at that. The BBC does not have any reason to fear industrial action for wrongful dismissal - just decline to re-engage her and, unfortunately, let the market find its level.
Old 14th June 2019, 10:47   #92
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Has anybody here actually heard the radio program concerned? Or, more importantly, the actual remark?
Yes, I have heard it, it was aired on the news yesterday. Its now been edited out from the BBC iPlayer.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2019, 11:15   #93
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanks.

She will probably use that as a badge of courage and encouragement. I believe she will never back down of her own accord - and I don't blame her for taking advantage of the support she gets. She's had precious little in her early domestic life which goes some way towards understanding her.

On the other hand it's to be hoped she takes note of the fuss and moderates her behaviour. There's no reason for everyone to join the gallop to the bottom in some sort of bravado contest. Most of us have a filter between brain and mouth, JB's has been mislaid along the way.
Old 14th June 2019, 11:17   #94
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Yes, I have heard it, it was aired on the news yesterday. Its now been edited out from the BBC iPlayer.
I haven't heard it, so I cannot comment on it, but would ask you, did you feel in any way enthused or even encouraged to grab something to throw at Farage? Did you feel in any way that jo brand was permitting the breaking of assault laws, whilst talking on a comedy show? Was their anything in the demeanour of her voice to encourage or enthuse like a preacher from the pulpit to the masses or even perhaps a motivational speaker at a self help seminar?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2019, 12:47   #95
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Context

And for what it's worth, I grew up with and see violence borne from an ingrained hatred, spurred on by preachers of hate. That hate has long since been taken out of proportion and context too, to the situation I live in today.

Those that participate in that hatred and violence (of all means) get their bitterness from alleged people of trust, ministers etc in a church, NOT a comedienne on a comedy show!

Last edited by clf; 14th June 2019 at 13:00..
Old 14th June 2019, 12:59   #96
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

'Just wondering. What source would you suggest for a completely unbiased reporting of news items?
Since the independence referendum I have perceived the BBC to be very biased against Scotland in their national news service so have discounted them as credible a number of years ago'

My references to the Spectator were in answer to an enquiry from someone seeking the truth and unbiased opinion from a selection of contributors.

This to enable a balanced view to be obtained which might lead to a happier and wider reliance on general learned opinion and to avoid the need for unnecessary attempts at unhelpful comments. To reduce it to mentioning two controversial editors is entirely to miss the point.

By its nature my offer was well meaning and genuinely offered. The uninvited reply resulted, however, in a possibly accidentally negative impression and may have cast doubt on the veracity of my commendation.

It seems to me reasonable to avoid giving biased views by presenting misleading statements. Anyone with any knowledge of the Spectator (est. 1828) would know about its often stated policy of taking contributions from the spectrum of socio/politico commentary, thereby offering views not necessarily in accordance with its own editorial content, whatever that might be. The link below is to their current contributors and establishes just who is relevant.

/www.spectator.co.uk/writers/
Old 14th June 2019, 13:37   #97
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I haven't heard it, so I cannot comment on it, but would ask you, did you feel in any way enthused or even encouraged to grab something to throw at Farage? Did you feel in any way that jo brand was permitting the breaking of assault laws, whilst talking on a comedy show? Was their anything in the demeanour of her voice to encourage or enthuse like a preacher from the pulpit to the masses or even perhaps a motivational speaker at a self help seminar?

Alan, I have given my concerns on the matter, and no amount of posts persuasive or otherwise, from you or anyone else is going to change my views on the incident.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2019, 13:56   #98
wraymond

75 Auto 2.5 SE

It used to be equated to that, the subsequent fall from grace due to 'right-on' Governors and 'woke' staffers has resulted in the insulating balloon suffering multiple punctures. Those punctures so far have not reached to the egos of student minions and their contributions to the faddish struggle to remain relevant. We are poorly served by the flood to streaming (screaming?) US cop shows.
Old 14th June 2019, 14:06   #99
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Alan, I have given my concerns on the matter, and no amount of posts persuasive or otherwise, from you or anyone else is going to change my views on the incident.
Ditto I am afraid.

Old 14th June 2019, 14:28   #100
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Yes you are. Context

I agree with you. Comments from JB on a comedy show are not taken by right mided (or even wrong minded) people in the same way as those made by say Farage to a private gathering of supporters and filmed secretly.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote