Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2017, 08:34   #1
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Nav Star reliability.

Any body on here fitted a Nav Star, I am hearing some sob stories with it, basically are you happy with it.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 08:52   #2
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Your grace...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=249484

Plenty of other threads and comments re Navall units
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 09:49   #3
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Had mine since they first came out Julien,

I can honestly say that it's been the best double din unit I've had in my car with no problems whatsoever .

If you go on to any forum about a particular product it will be full of peeps with problems that have posted.

Peeps who don't have problems don't tend to post so the balance is always rather one sided

Let's face it, if you read the Technical section on here it would probably put you off buying a Rover 75/ MG ZT
Old 8th February 2017, 10:16   #4
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

I can honestly say that it's been the best double din unit I've had in my car with no problems whatsoever .

If you go on to any forum about a particular product it will be full of peeps with problems that have posted.

Peeps who don't have problems don't tend to post so the balance is always rather one sided

Let's face it, if you read the Technical section on here it would probably put you off buying a Rover 75/ MG ZT

Many thanks Jeff, I have decided to have one, just awaiting delivery confirmation, from Sean, will it come to you first.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 10:50   #5
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:

Jeff, I dont want to get into a ridiculous discussion with you about doubled din units, but I do feel your comment could somewhat be slightly bias to a degree. We all know you have everything to gain from every sell of a Navall unit, so you are not really the correct person to ask for an honest review regarding the Navall product.

You should really leave the discussion to the members, so they can give a fair and honest opinion. We cant be having favouritism, the members must feel at ease to give their own experiences (positive or negative) without feeling they may upset/offend yourself or Sean.

Quote:
I'm not sure that is quite true Jeff. If members are going on any type of forum/forums and mentioning problems/faults with a particular product, that means that product is generally at a higher percentage of having poor reviews as product failure is present, than say another particular product where there are no poor reviews.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 11:27   #6
davel22
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer press car and 1999 saloon

Default very good

yes I have one very good unit in fact just got another for the other car .what I like is no glare on screen had a couple of niggles but soon sorted out ,I would listen to Jeff the expert .
davel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 12:57   #7
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

One of the 'issues' Sean and Geoff have is success. I'll hold my hand up and state that I sell things (mostly) on the internet for a living and the truth of the matter is that purely by the laws of averages the more things you sell over a longer period of time the more complaints/issues you will get. There must be hundreds of people driving round with Navalls sold to them by Radioguy who haven't had a single issue with them.

Probably if you go on BMW forums similar things will be being said about Xtrons etc - the thing that actually really annoys me about Chinese double din units is that they update them every 6 months and instantly spares for older models dry up. If you have paid £25 or £75 for one then it's not that big a deal - £300+ is a different matter.

Non of that however is Sean or Geoffs fault
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 13:23   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
One of the 'issues' Sean and Geoff have is success. I'll hold my hand up and state that I sell things (mostly) on the internet for a living and the truth of the matter is that purely by the laws of averages the more things you sell over a longer period of time the more complaints/issues you will get. There must be hundreds of people driving round with Navalls sold to them by Radioguy who haven't had a single issue with them.

Probably if you go on BMW forums similar things will be being said about Xtrons etc - the thing that actually really annoys me about Chinese double din units is that they update them every 6 months and instantly spares for older models dry up. If you have paid £25 or £75 for one then it's not that big a deal - £300+ is a different matter.

Non of that however is Sean or Geoffs fault
No one is saying its Sean or Jeffs fault, this is about the product, so lets not take things out of context please.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 13:28   #9
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
No one is saying its Sean or Jeffs fault, this is about the product, so lets not take things out of context please.
So you just read the last line of my post then?

Save
Old 8th February 2017, 13:43   #10
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
J

I'm not sure that is quite true Jeff. If members are going on any type of forum/forums and mentioning problems/faults with a particular product, that means that product is generally at a higher percentage of having poor reviews as product failure is present, than say another particular product where there are no poor reviews.
With respect that is rubbish, people who have fitted something in the past 3 or 4 months can't be judged as reliable witnesses for the long term longevity of something. You love your £25 units (and to be honest I absolutely agree with the idea behind it) but in a year you may have to throw a couple away because they've broken - you're not a trader though and I understand you are try to help people but you have NO idea if or when the £25 units will fail so it's also unfair to slate traders who sell other things - and whether you realise/know you are, you are.

Save
Save
Save

Last edited by mystabe; 8th February 2017 at 13:48..