Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th January 2017, 09:08   #1
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts
Default Getting our priorities right...

After being asked on facebook if I would wear an animal abuse awareness pin for the umpteenth time I finally lost my rag....

here was my response...

Not till I never needed a child abuse awareness pin, an elderly person abuse awareness pin, a hungry person abuse awareness pin, a cold and homeless person abuse awareness pin, a cancer sufferers awareness pin, a dementia sufferers awareness pin, a Parkinson's disease awareness pin... shall I go on and on and on....? many many things in this world to fix before lower life forms bread for the financial benefit of breeders... GET REAL...

What kind of human being would put a dog, cat or horse in front of a suffering sentient person, a father, mother, brother or sister, their child or just another person in need...

sometimes I despair for the society I live in if our values are so twisted we value pets over people...
Old 15th January 2017, 09:22   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
After being asked on facebook if I would wear an animal abuse awareness pin for the umpteenth time I finally lost my rag....

here was my response...

Not till I never needed a child abuse awareness pin, an elderly person abuse awareness pin, a hungry person abuse awareness pin, a cold and homeless person abuse awareness pin, a cancer sufferers awareness pin, a dementia sufferers awareness pin, a Parkinson's disease awareness pin... shall I go on and on and on....? many many things in this world to fix before lower life forms bread for the financial benefit of breeders... GET REAL...

What kind of human being would put a dog, cat or horse in front of a suffering sentient person, a father, mother, brother or sister, their child or just another person in need...

sometimes I despair for the society I live in if our values are so twisted we value pets over people...
I don't think the people asking you to do this are prioritising dogs ahead of children or the elderly. It is just that, for some reason, their lives have been touched by an animal or something that has happened to one.

By spending money on cars, are we putting cars ahead of the suffering poor of this world?

Chill old chap.

Last edited by MSS; 15th January 2017 at 09:44..
Old 15th January 2017, 09:27   #3
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

A social issue so moved thusly to the social forum. Let's all remain civil and not let this thread get out of hand or personal. Many people have differing priorities in life for what they consider most important for whatever reason. Facebook - the platform of plenty........
Old 15th January 2017, 10:29   #4
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I don't think the people asking you to do this are prioritising dogs ahead of children or the elderly. It is just that, for some reason, their lives have been touched by an animal or something that has happened to one.

By spending money on cars, are we putting cars ahead of the suffering poor of this world?

Chill old chap.
I need a car to work to feed my family and earn enough to donate to the charities working to solve the problems above.... I don't need a dog, and neither does anyone who is not a sheep farmer, blind person, limited physical abilities or police / rescue services...
Old 15th January 2017, 10:55   #5
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

There's lots of things we don't *need* but have. I don't need a dog but i enjoy having one.
Not sure why you'd go off on one about an animal charity asking for help. It's not your thing fair enough, you can just politely decline or ignore.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 15th January 2017, 11:11   #6
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
There's lots of things we don't *need* but have. I don't need a dog but i enjoy having one.
Not sure why you'd go off on one about an animal charity asking for help. It's not your thing fair enough, you can just politely decline or ignore.
as I said, fed up with being asked 50 times for this when there is little noise about the other issues...
Old 15th January 2017, 11:16   #7
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I'm sure there's plenty of social media activity about the other issues you mentioned. Can you block the charities you don't wish to support?

Old 15th January 2017, 11:19   #8
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I'm sure there's plenty of social media activity about the other issues you mentioned. Can you block the charities you don't wish to support?
unfortunately most of them come through friends lists...
Old 15th January 2017, 11:23   #9
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
as I said, fed up with being asked 50 times for this when there is little noise about the other issues...
I suspect it's the feeling of being harassed that's the main problem. Not that I disagree with your rant in the first post either. If this is coming from your facebook friends then tell them that for you it's not appropriate, and to please desist from asking, you have your priorities.

I must also congratulate you on your venting that you managed to do it in a civil manner with no 'naughty-word...' in there - Well done.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Old 15th January 2017, 11:32   #10
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
unfortunately most of them come through friends lists...
Ask them to stop if it's possible.
I use fb a lot less recently i log in perhaps once every couple of months.

Closed Thread