Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2012, 20:42   #1
geoffd
Avid contributor

Ford Kuga

Default Battery change

Not having the radio code , I`ve been nursing the battery for the last few months, until it gave out a couple of days ago . So replaced the battery and bought the radio code (ouch £20 ) First drive revealed it has reset the auto box , it now engages 5th at a lower speed and stays in 5th down to below 30 mph before changing down , giving a better ,quieter drive and hopefully more mpg !
geoffd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 11:12   #2
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffd View Post
Not having the radio code , I`ve been nursing the battery for the last few months, until it gave out a couple of days ago . So replaced the battery and bought the radio code (ouch £20 ) First drive revealed it has reset the auto box , it now engages 5th at a lower speed and stays in 5th down to below 30 mph before changing down , giving a better ,quieter drive and hopefully more mpg !

Hmmm. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, re the auto box engaging 5th earlier? I didn't think it was possible and not heard of it before.

Which engine are we talking about? My CDT will not engage 5th until 42mph (true speed) and drops out again at 37mph.

Regards,

Ivor.
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 11:15   #3
kissifer1972
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Tourer & Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon

IIRC it is a learning box and therefore it adapts itself to your driving style. It will have possibly gone back to the factory default settings when the battery was disconnected to some time and it will now be re-learning your driving style.

Chris
Genuine Rover Xenons - now removed and sold
Kenlowe fan
Synergy 2
EGR Bypass
kissifer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 19:36   #4
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffd View Post
You don't need to loose the code if you change batteries, heres how.

Place the new battery on the left side of the car as if it was in the car, i.e battery terminals match those of the battery in the car. Run two temp. wires from the new battery to the battery vehicle terminals. Remove the old battery, fit the new battery being carefull not to break the connects with the temp. wiring. Connect the battery terminals and then remove the temp. wires.

Simples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 19:49   #5
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Isnt there a tool that you can plug into the cigar lighter that keeps the clock, code etc live
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 20:42   #6
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Isnt there a tool that you can plug into the cigar lighter that keeps the clock, code etc live
How will that work if you disconnect the battery, the cigar lighter is feed from the battery and if the battery is disconnected how is the cigar lighter feed. I would have thought that a couple bits of wire are cheaper and quicker to use.

Ed.H
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 21:11   #7
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
How will that work if you disconnect the battery, the cigar lighter is feed from the battery and if the battery is disconnected how is the cigar lighter feed.
By providing power to the cigar lighter socket - won't work very well on our cars as the cigarette lighter is only connected with ign.
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 21:38   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

If you were to PM and ask Xpart02 kindly i dare say you would retrieve your radio code he has helped qutie a few members with this also once you have gained the code or you even have the code you can always follow this info from Reebs below Arctic.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...66&postcount=7

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 01:53   #9
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Code 'Keeper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Yes there is, I bought a Draper one to change the battery in our Vectra. Used it
but it didn't work. Then found out it it won't work in a Vectra. Accessory shop paid for the code to be obtained from Vauxhall etc.
The gadget has a battery that should supply enough power to retain the codes. As stated, not much good if ign. has to be on !
The AA got me home.with jump start. They came back to my house the following day with a new battery from EuroCarParts, fitted it and I lost none of the codes. (they charged me the discounted price for the battery - about £65)
If I remember correctly the air con display did not illuminate but pushing one of the buttons restored it.
I think many members have changed battery without losing radio code.
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 09:39   #10
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Can't vouch for info for certain, but have been told switch headlights on before you disconnect and codes will be retained, as some information is stored in the light module (LCM?) that may well be the case. Nothing to lose by trying is there?
And perhaps one of our experts can confirm it.
Chips
chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote