Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th November 2018, 19:54   #1
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts
Default First class service from androidICE.

I was looking to upgrade my early DD unit, so after reading many good reports about androidICE and it's owner Julian (member jubbarelly),I decided to contact him with my requirements.Julian responded to my email promptly with a full and comprehensive reply.I sent several more emails with further questions and ALL were answered in the same pleasant knowledgable manner.After years of poor at best hit and miss radio reception with my old DD unit, the main aim was to find a unit that would give reliable performance and consistantly good sound.Julian recommended one of his XTRONS DD units which had built in DAB+ radio.I duely bought it and arranged for him to fit it for me.He took great care on the install and was happy to answer my questions along the way.
Well what can I say.The sound from the DAB radio is crystal clear,something I'd not experienced before in this car.Julian did point out that the windscreen aerials supplied with the unit could struggle a little to deliver in more rural areas or where the signal is poor.So I decided to source an amplified Shark fin roof aerial.Then it was back again to see Julian last weekend to get it fitted.As before with the headunit, he made a very neat job of the installing the shark fin roof aerial and I now have excellent reception under all conditions in any area I've been in so far.

I cannot recommend this business highly enough.Julian is very pleasant to deal with as well as being trustworthy and honest.He treats your car with the upmost repect and his prices are very reasonable.Give him a go.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2018, 20:12   #2
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Thank you Mick, it was a pleasure.

And thanks for holding the umbrella as it hammered down as soon as I had drilled the hole in the roof!

If you ever see Mick driving about and wonder why he drives backwards all the time is because I also installed a reverse camera at the same time.

Thanks again for your custom.

Jubbs
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 00:09   #3
Animal
Gets stuck in

Mg ZT

He's a good lad is our Jubbs

Very knowledgeable and helpful , what more can I say

Build date: Tuesday, 18th June 2002 @ 08:53:49
This vehicle was the 4th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Mean Machine!
Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations
KAPLAH
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 06:13   #4
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

He's a good lad, he's in the uk, he sells and delivers good quality products. All a massive improvement on the trader who still hasnt delivered my premium bumper a year later. Really hope more people swap the tin can navalls for decent systems and use julian to do it.
75c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 12:27   #5
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

The XTRONS unit I chose isn't an Android as I wasn't particularly bothered about internet access.The most important thing to me was very good radio reception under all conditions.It does however have all the other functions including (optional) digital Freeview TV.I was intending to upgrade the cars speakers until I heard the sound quality that this unit produces.I can only describe it as very very good,a VAST improvement on the unit it replaced and still using the standard speakers.

I'm also pleased with the look of the shark fin,it seems to have modernised the car and looks OE in my opinion.The main thing though is that it gives near perfect DAB and FM radio reception.The scan using the windscreen aerial found 67 DAB stations and the one with the amplified shark fin fitted found 95 stations, so the improvement speaks for itself.Thanks jubbs,I'm a very happy customer.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 19:02   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Nice one Jubbs also remember Julian can be found at our Nano meets as he is one of the crew, and was man of the match at the very last meet of the season this year he knows why

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 19:07   #7
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Can new units be fitted at Nano's if they are already paid for? I might be looking at one for the ZT next year as apparently what is in isn't original anyway.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 20:00   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Can new units be fitted at Nano's if they are already paid for? I might be looking at one for the ZT next year as apparently what is in isn't original anyway.
Hi Dawn.
The answer is a resounding yes, as you are paying for the part, an item you would need help to fit to your car, as always if a part is supplied by a person you would not expect that part to be free, you will then of cause get all the help you need to fit the part to your car.

Sometimes it is quicker for the crew person or persons to fit the part for you, as this then can free up the crew member to go on and help others also Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 13th November 2018 at 20:03..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 20:10   #9
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Good news that there is a trusted dealer for DD units.

Has Shaun fallen off the plot then after upsetting everyone with his dealings?

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 20:34   #10
carnut
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
He fitted a Xtrons Unit I purchased from him which he installed at a Nano meet earlier this year, Took no time to fit and very happy with it
carnut is offline   Reply With Quote