Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st September 2017, 14:50   #41
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozo ken View Post
I can't answer that but know that front sub frame bushes and rear trailing arm bushes look similar and are readily available. I can only assume they will not fit, as imagine someone would've bound to have checked and mentioned by now.

In saying that though, the subframe tends to become quite badly corroded over time, so a replacement, 4 new bushes and refurbishment costs may not be much less than a new one.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 01:45   #42
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

and it is in, you can just see it in the pictures. Went in last Friday, and passed MOT last saturday.

I didnt have time to get the captive nut welded, so have to hope that the sealing will help it survive. In saying that though, the old one released the upper and lower arms without argument, although the captive nuts on the ARB brackets did give up.

Going to be injected with wax and seal with underseal, tomorrow, as I was fearful it would dribble out during the test and P off the mot tester (remember ours are civil servants, rather than garage mechanics lol).

The old one below

Attached Images
File Type: jpg subframe.jpg (74.8 KB, 402 views)
File Type: jpg 22279529_10156649326998294_1224247606077770913_n.jpg (126.6 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg 22050014_10156636851568294_6998154230851267002_n.jpg (136.7 KB, 410 views)

Old 15th January 2018, 12:11   #43
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Well, look what the parts fairy just delivered. Leo from Fiacom emailed me about 12 days ago to inform me that the brand new rear subframes were once again available for $200 delivered. So having replied to my follow-up query confirming it would be supplied ready to fit, I asked for an e-invoice prior to sending the payment. Having done so via paypal on the fifth of this month, the package arrived from Shanghai today, with no additional import/customs duty to pay. Should get that green car back on the road fairly soon ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg subframe.jpg (134.4 KB, 103 views)
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 17:34   #44
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

£145 del to door. This is tempting, some silly prices for rusty ones on ebay. Thanks for update.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 19:19   #45
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozo ken View Post
I'm not sure Ken. I'll drop them a line and ask for dimensions or if they can let me see a sample along with tech info.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 21:22   #46
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Im assuming no one is caring about the solid MG Bushes and are just grateful to get a frame?

Is there really any difference (real world) people are feeling between the two lots of bushes?
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 23:34   #47
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Well, look what the parts fairy just delivered. Leo from Fiacom emailed me about 12 days ago to inform me that the brand new rear subframes were once again available for $200 delivered. So having replied to my follow-up query confirming it would be supplied ready to fit, I asked for an e-invoice prior to sending the payment. Having done so via paypal on the fifth of this month, the package arrived from Shanghai today, with no additional import/customs duty to pay. Should get that green car back on the road fairly soon ...
That is great price Andy, you did better than I did! (my apologies for not replying to your PM, I opened it at work and couldnt reply, then forgot completely). I was charged a separate delivery cost, but I did order a few other items too. I still figured the price was cheap enough for a new subframe, so went ahead anyway (pm me an email address and I can send you the invoice). I had factored in duty, taxes and vat, and thought I had got away with it, but it arrived about 2-3 weeks after in the form of an invoice from TNT, so be prepared. Overall it worked out at approx 20% of the total invoice, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Im assuming no one is caring about the solid MG Bushes and are just grateful to get a frame?

Is there really any difference (real world) people are feeling between the two lots of bushes?
Since the the solid bushes are no longer available new (yet), I didnt have the luxury of choice, so I didnt care. I now have my old one blasted and painted and now stored safely in the attic, to use in 14 years time lol.

And yes I was grateful to get a new one to go with the new arms, struts and links. ARB and trailing arm bushes were the only things that werent renewed.

In the real world, I cannot answer accurately as I replaced shocks and springs for a failed shock and two broken springs as well as the arms. Driving 'properly' and 'sensibly', I havent noticed any difference at all. The car sits higher than it did, as you would expect, and road noise is very slightly lower (that could be the Dinitrol though). Driving hard though, the car does handle slightly better than before on cambered and complex bends, it understeers less, but again that is to be expected as all four corners are sitting on new springs and shocks.

Old 30th January 2018, 07:36   #48
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Just had an email from Leo as I need a subframe..................

Hes quote $300 delivered...........not $200.

Unless it has gone up considerably.

I have queried it.

Now they order from China and the price is now $300.

Last edited by championdaddy; 30th January 2018 at 07:46..
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 08:27   #49
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

Xpart have them for the original price of £145 though.

Sorry Leo....... you don't have my trade LOL
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 09:17   #50
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by championdaddy View Post
Xpart have them for the original price of £145 though.

Sorry Leo....... you don't have my trade LOL
Hi Paul.
How many do they have in stock did they say, and do you have a link for the members

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote