Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th November 2017, 21:10   #71
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

You were GREAT Reebs and Paul. Thank You for such a friendly and full of enthusiasm chat.
Canio from Italy
Old 13th November 2017, 21:46   #72
Duotone
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Fantastic write up Bob, really paints a picture in words. Glad you all had a good time with your well deserved cars taking pride of place
BTW, when is Dave expecting
Thanks for that Ronnie !!

I had a great three days helping on the stand, enjoyed every minute.

When I parked my car at the NEC on the last morning I failed to notice which
Zone part of E1 I had left it, and as expected I could not find my car. Bearing in mind that I was carrying a large heavy cardboard box containing a good many Club calenders, plus mugs and pens etc.
So, after getting off the shuttle bus I lugged the box around the car park in a kind of panic looking for my car.

In the end had to leave the box at one of the gate houses and continue the search, luckily after a couple of minutes I finally found the car and collected the box on my way out.

Must be my age.

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 10:21   #73
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotone View Post
Thanks for that Ronnie !!

I had a great three days helping on the stand, enjoyed every minute.

When I parked my car at the NEC on the last morning I failed to notice which
Zone part of E1 I had left it, and as expected I could not find my car. Bearing in mind that I was carrying a large heavy cardboard box containing a good many Club calenders, plus mugs and pens etc.
So, after getting off the shuttle bus I lugged the box around the car park in a kind of panic looking for my car.

In the end had to leave the box at one of the gate houses and continue the search, luckily after a couple of minutes I finally found the car and collected the box on my way out.

Must be my age.

Dave T
No worries Dave did the same in 2012.

Collected Justin and Di from their hotel on the Sunday morning and parked up at the NEC whilst chatting, that evening after we had broken the stand down Jeremy offered me a lift back to it, that's when I realised I'd not made a note of where I'd parked it! Five car parks and about 40 minutes later we finally found it!

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 14:17   #74
i just got one
Avid contributor

75 tourer

hi all thanks to bob and nev for the nice welcome show was great. Wendy has been asking to go away for months now so was happy when i said we can go and was still happy when this was fitted in on the way back, got the might have guessed look but i can live with that good old 75 1500 miles when i got home better give her a wash the car not wendy lol

Last edited by i just got one; 14th November 2017 at 14:19..
i just got one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 14:38   #75
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i just got one View Post
hi all thanks to bob and nev for the nice welcome show was great. Wendy has been asking to go away for months now so was happy when i said we can go and was still happy when this was fitted in on the way back, got the might have guessed look but i can live with that good old 75 1500 miles when i got home better give her a wash the car not wendy lol
Nice to see you again Gary. Glad the car behaved itself.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 15:13   #76
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The funny bits.

As I had left booking a hotel till the last moment, Paul sent me a link to the Britannia owned hotel in Coventry. The first time I saw it was on Thursday evening but Roger had stayed there the night before. When he said was different, well how different could it be.

As you approach the Coventry Hill Hotel from the A45 you come across what looks like a office block that appears to lean to the left. It's an optical illusion. Because the A45 bends slightly to the right at that point it gives the impression that the hotel leans. Now on the first night the sign at the top of the hotel was lit up. 2nd night it was not on and on the 3rd night only part of it was lit up.

Now Roger was on the 3rd floor, Pete was on the 7th floor and I was on the 2nd. My shower in the bath was so fierce that it knocked you off of your feet. The head was not adjustable. I did not need a plug in the wash basin as the water drained out so slowly.
In Rogers room he had to run the shower for 20 minutes before it even got warm. When he put the plug in the wash basin it disappeared down the plug hole, only the chain stopped it from completely disappearing. The radiator in Rogers room only worked the first night.

Pete up on the 7th floor, the smokers floor. He suffered from either over eager lovers bonking all night or people having a party till the early hours. So every morning when he got up he made as much noise as possible.

We are all pretty sure that the office block hotel was once owned by Norman Bates, the furniture was supplied by MFI as they closed down and the pot holes in the car park entrance were more like caves. But as we was only there at night it was ok. Cheap and cheerful.

Roger and I travelled in Pete's ZT to the NEC every day, and every day we was directed to a different car park. Well on Sunday morning as we was being directed to yet another new parking area we drove along past the advertising boards. They were advertising what was coming next for future events. The first one was for the group Depech Mode, next was for Kylie Minogue, 3rd one was for the 2018 cup final to be viewed on the Big Screen, but it was the 4th one that cracked Pete up. It said "Parking Online", but I said they was a great group not to be missed. What it meant was that you could pay for your parking online.

Lots of more humour over the 4 days that we were together. Just don't mention about the Banjo and skin to Paul.

Anyway a few more pictures from the show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6238.jpg (133.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6170.jpg (121.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6173.jpg (122.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6239.jpg (140.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6240.jpg (140.6 KB, 44 views)

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
Old 14th November 2017, 15:29   #77
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Sat nav and the different .......................

....................................... ways to get between our hotels. As Roger, Pete and I were in the MFI flat packed office block and the rest of the team were in the Premier Inn, Balsall Common, we had to find the best route between. 8 different short cuts we found, or there was 3 different longer ways to travel between. We even found what we thought was a dirt road, turned out to be a slip road to get onto the A45 from one route.

We did travel through some fine looking villages though. Only ever saw them in daylight once. But we did pass some nice looking hotels owned by Best Western.
Saw a nice Aston Martin garage and we also found a classic Porsche garage. Lots of speed bumps, the worst being the raised hump just before a Zebra crossing. Caught us out every time except for the last run, only as we were leading.

But if asked to help again at the show the answer would be YES. Loved every minute of the experience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6182.jpg (121.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6181.jpg (125.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6216.jpg (134.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6217.jpg (130.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6219.jpg (135.2 KB, 32 views)

onen hag oll
Old 14th November 2017, 15:30   #78
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Britannia hotels are the pits, had the "pleasure" of staying in one in Birmingham centre once & Newcastle. As a chain i would avoid at all costs.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 19:44   #79
The Ade

Rover 75 V6 saloon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................................. So I decided to go for a look round the exhibition or so I thought. It was like walking against a tsunami of people, just waves and waves of people heading my way. So being brave I turned and just went with the flow.
I know exactly what you mean, having negotiated several halls with my good lady in her wheelchair, after about 2 hours we arrived at the 75 & ZT stand and I proceeded to take some pictures of the very well presented vehicles. There then came a pssst! from the direction of the wheelchair.
Are you going to be long she said I need to 'Go'
When now, cant you wait?
No!

I looked up at the crowds and thought not a chance. I felt like a salmon pushing its way up the river. The sounds from the wheelchair became more frantic by the minute as the relentless push against the tide became even more difficult.

Then as if by magic a man appeared, I thought it was the shopkeeper from the Mr Benn cartoon but no, it must have been Moses. He went waving his arms in the air and the crowd parted like a scene from a Biblical epic.
I saw my chance and was off down the back straight with smoke pouring off the tyres, into a 90 degree turn with a Scandinavian flick Hannu Mikkola would have been proud of, arriving at the destination with time to spare.

So after all the excitement I forgot to purchase a club calendar. But would like to thank you all for a splendid turn out, the cars looked great and are a credit to the owners.
The Ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 21:13   #80
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

A downright excellent show this year, and so many thanks due to everyone who came, set it up, ran it and took it down again.

It will be a while before the memories of Misery Motel fade unfortunately. And that blimmin' traffic hump in Meriden!

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote