Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2017, 14:24   #11
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Jeff, I dont want to get into a ridiculous discussion with you about doubled din units, but I do feel your comment could somewhat be slightly bias to a degree. We all know you have everything to gain from every sell of a Navall unit, so you are not really the correct person to ask for an honest review regarding the Navall product.

You should really leave the discussion to the members, so they can give a fair and honest opinion. We cant be having favouritism, the members must feel at ease to give their own experiences (positive or negative) without feeling they may upset/offend yourself or Sean.

I'm not sure that is quite true Jeff. If members are going on any type of forum/forums and mentioning problems/faults with a particular product, that means that product is generally at a higher percentage of having poor reviews as product failure is present, than say another particular product where there are no poor reviews.
Sorry.....I lied.........

It's been nothing but trouble since day one !

I am first and foremost a member and I feel my opinions are valid as anyone else's thanks

Edit.......explain how I've got anything to gain by the sale of all the units?
I only get paid if I install them, not for their sale.

It's not like I don't try and help anyone who is installing them for themselves, even though that goes against me for making money !

Last edited by coolcat; 8th February 2017 at 14:26..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 15:06   #12
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
So you just read the last line of my post then?

Save
I have read the whole of your post, I just dont want members thinking they need to treat this topic as a Sean and Jeff appraisal.

I have seen way to many posts on this forum where members are asking about the Navall product, or threads get started due to members having problems with the unit, and then all hell breaks loose as it turns into a Sean and Jeff fan club debate.

Lets just stay with the product for now, and allow members to comment positively or negatively with their views, no one should be made to feel alienated.

Quote:
With respect that is rubbish, people who have fitted something in the past 3 or 4 months can't be judged as reliable witnesses for the long term longevity of something. You love your £25 units (and to be honest I absolutely agree with the idea behind it) but in a year you may have to throw a couple away because they've broken - you're not a trader though and I understand you are try to help people but you have NO idea if or when the £25 units will fail so it's also unfair to slate traders who sell other things - and whether you realise/know you are, you are.
How very wrong can one be, lets get the facts straight shall we.

Firstly, I am NOT slating any trader, why do you feel the need to steer this thread in that direction, why do folk do this? please just read the written word.

I myself have worked in retail for over 25 years, and I have dealt with many suppliers in USA, China and Japan, there is not much I don't know about being a trader.

I originally posted to politely point out that Jeff's post is somewhat biased towards the product, I dont need you or anyone to turn this into something its not. I see this happen one too many times on here when all the member is asking... is for help.

Also, there is NO NEED to bring up the cheaper double dins in this thread, I certainly haven't, so why have you?

But! as you carelessly have mentioned the £25 double din, lets just get the facts straight first. The RunGrace unit is made by Huizhou Ruili Technologies who are a global manufacturer and provider of OEM automotive electronics, their own brand is RunGrace. These units are readily available as generic non branded and also known as other China branded manufactures. Just for the record, Sean (Radoiguy) has the very same generic DD as the RunGrace unit branded as Navall on his website priced £180 running android 4.4. This is how the China electronics operation works regarding suppliers and manufactures selling these types of goods on this massive global scale worldwide.

The RunGrace units do not cost £25, this was a promotional selling price as a flash sale promotion, the price is now the usually recommended retail price which is £150 to £200, this can be seen on the LITB website, or take a look on ebay, or perform a google search, things may then become more clear for you.

The RunGrace model unit is at least 2 years old as its running android 4.2, the quality of the unit is exceptional. I suggest you go on the xda developers website and read up on the spec and performance.

The other cheaper DD you may have gotten confused with, is the non branded deckless model which was released back in early 2016. These units started out at £30, I came across these back in April 2016 and many members here jumped on-board. These units are now nearly one year old and I dont think any member here has had any faults with the product.

I hope that has cleared matters up for you, it would be nice to keep things on topic and not steer the thread into something its not. There is certainly no need for members to fallout, members must feel they are equal and not be bullied for speaking out.

Much appreciated for your understanding.

Last edited by Dallas; 8th February 2017 at 15:11..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 15:20   #13
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

I am first and foremost a member and I feel my opinions are valid as anyone else's thanks

It's not like I don't try and help anyone who is installing them for themselves, even though that goes against me for making money !
Oh! Dear Jeff how could lie to a man of the cloth, I had asked the good Lord about, these units, he replied how would I know, I must admit I have one fitted in my chariot, for listening too Points Of View.
Any way you didn't answer my question will the Star be delivered to you before sending it on to me?

Rev.

Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 15:36   #14
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

Oh dear Jeff, you and I certainly don't agree do we.

Can you remember that thread where you and I just didn't see eye to eye, where you were using bullying tactics to try and get a rise out of me?

You sent me an email remember about members taking advantage of the alternative double dins, you explained you will lose money due to members not buying the Navall, as each one you get ready and dispatch which you charge Sean for.

Talk about putting the pressure on, giving me the guilt trip and not allowing me to talk about any other double din, not unless it the Navall.

Didn't you find this somewhat unfair?

Last edited by Dallas; 8th February 2017 at 16:00..
Old 8th February 2017, 15:42   #15
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:

Can you remember that thread where you and I just didn't see eye to eye, where you were using bullying tactics to try and get a rise out of me?

You sent me an email remember about members taking advantage of the alternative double dins, you explained you will lose money due to members not buying the Navall, as each one you get ready and dispatch which you charge Sean for.

Talk about putting the pressure on, giving me the guilt trip and not allowing me to talk about any other double in, not unless it the Navall.

AAAANNNND this is what it's all about isn't it, a personal argument - get over it both of you, it helps no one

Save
Save
Save
Save

Last edited by mystabe; 8th February 2017 at 15:51..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 15:44   #16
Burwell Mike
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 260

I cannot give feedback on the Navall Star but have had the older Navall 3 for about 18 months and have had no problems other than a DAB software glitch that was immediately fixed by Sean/Jeff. Had to fit an external aerial (a Celcus through the glass stick on type) to get good DAB reception in my part of the country. Reversing camera and steering wheel controls all worked without any drama.
In fact I was so pleased with it I bought another secondhand unit that I installed on a boat. Again works very well. I have only installed a few 3rd party apps (eg BBC iplayer and Player Pro) so that may have helped with stability.
Based on my experience with the older Navall I would be happy to get a Navall Star. I am one of those who is quick to complain if something doesnt work but slow to offer praise when something does what it says on the box!
Burwell Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 15:52   #17
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
AAAANNNND this is what it's all about isn't it, a personal argument - get over it both of you, it helps no one
You are really trying to steer this into something other than the truth aren't you, how about you start with replying to my post fairly, give me a genuine reply without twisting what I say.

Its about us members enjoying our cars, and spending ones money on luxuries. Its about product quality and how much one wants to spend on a product, and how that product performs.

Its all about equal rights and being allowed to speak-out and stand-up for what is right, helping others and making sure fairness is allowed to reign.

I will not reply to any more of your posts, sorry.
Old 8th February 2017, 16:10   #18
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Jeff is perfectly at liberty to post within this thread as any other.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 16:12   #19
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:

Talk about putting the pressure on, giving me the guilt trip and not allowing me to talk about any other double din, not unless it the Navall.

I do not receive any money for doing that. The company I work (Clacton Electronics Ltd) for make a nominal fee for it.

So yes, indirectly that has an effect as if our company doesn't make money I'm made unemployed .....but I wouldn't let that worry you

I never said you shouldn't comment on here.......You posted that I shouldn't......So I can't comment as I have a vested interest but it's okay for you to do so even though you don't own said product or have any intention of ever purchasing one.........Carry on though.

P.s. Private messages/emails are just that.......PRIVATE.
Old 8th February 2017, 16:15   #20
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Well, best of luck with the 'star' Rev (thats genuine NOT sarcasam). From my experence (2 previous Navalls both ended up expensive paperweights) and what I've seen on here, it is pure luck if Navalls function correctly for any length of time.