Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd January 2017, 17:15   #41
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

So in conclusion, MSS iterates the car is worth whatever some person with more money than sense is prepared to pay for it

That's it then, there can be no comeback from that really

Oh, and my apologies for not realising you could have a company car as an out and out "perk", and not simply as a tool of your job.

I must have forgotten what it was like to have a golden lined company pension, private healthcare, and a company car simply to waft back and forward to the factory where I was head of maintenance and toolmaker several years back.

Needless to say I wouldn't have chosen a twelve year old Rover 75 over the fully expensed two year old BMW 735i I was given to use as part of my employment package, a hand me down from the company owner when he bought his Aston DB7 ......not that the 75 is not a nice car, but I have more sense than money

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:20   #42
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Getting heated in here...............my original thread was ''Another Stunner at Churchfielduk''..............and that's what it is......a Stunning Rover 75......what it's worth is a totally different matter and I was more interested in how he finds them on a regular basis............I don't believe there are that many 75/ZT car's left in that condition and I doubt you would just turn up at an auction and find a long lane full of them, so I don't think it's ''Auction Fodder'' .....just a lovely example of what I thought we all joined this club for
I don't think it's getting heated in here at all!

Just a few folks firing off their opinions, in a sensible way without anyone losing their rag!

As mss said; some will see its value, a lot of others won't!

We all know that the car(s) we own are worth to us more than they'll be worth to someone else, and vice-versa
JoeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:32   #43
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
So in conclusion, MSS iterates the car is worth whatever some person with more money than sense is prepared to pay for it

That's it then, there can be no comeback from that really

Oh, and my apologies for not realising you could have a company car as an out and out "perk", and not simply as a tool of your job.

I must have forgotten what it was like to have a golden lined company pension, private healthcare, and a company car simply to waft back and forward to the factory where I was head of maintenance and toolmaker several years back.

Needless to say I wouldn't have chosen a twelve year old Rover 75 over the fully expensed two year old BMW 735i I was given to use as part of my employment package, a hand me down from the company owner when he bought his Aston DB7 ......not that the 75 is not a nice car, but I have more sense than money

Brian
MB - with that first line, I am afarid you are being your usual self again - the same as you have been when repeatedly expressing how much others should be charging for clutch changes etc. and successfully driving such valuable traders away from the forum.

I have iterated that a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The rest of the sentence that I highlighted is your usual childish rubbish, becasue in your opinion, only you can have the correct opinion.

Now, why not just respect the fact that we all place a differing value on MGR cars.....the same as we do on diesel performance upgrades.

Enjoy your golden handshake - hopefully it did not come at the expense of sense!

Last edited by MSS; 3rd January 2017 at 17:37..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:53   #44
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
MB - with that first line, I am afarid you are being your usual self again - the same as you have been when repeatedly expressing how much others should be charging for clutch changes etc. and successfully driving such valuable traders away from the forum.

I have iterated that a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The rest of the sentence that I highlighted is your usual childish rubbish, becasue in your opinion, only you can have the correct opinion.

Now, why not just respect the fact that we all place a differing value on MGR cars.....the same as we do on diesel performance upgrades.

Enjoy your golden handshake - hopefully it did not come at the expense of sense!
Maninder, I really don't care if you are foolhardy enough to believe that a twelve year old Rover 75 is worth £6500.

Nor do I care, if anyone wishes to buy this car at the screen price, however what part of this thread needs your personal dislike of me to cloud your posting.

Your statement in regards to the "Wad of the Clutch", what does any trading member wishing to wipe the eyeballs of genuine enthusiasts doing a half baked job using inferior components have to do with this thread?

I'll tell you, precisely nothing whatsoever.

In terms of golden handshake with my former employer........if you had been asked to travel to set up a new facility four hundred miles from home, two weeks after your daughter had been born at 28 weeks weighing 1lb 11oz, and was incubated in the special care baby unit of the maternity wing, what would you do?

Well let's just say there are certain things I value considerably higher in life than material possessions, and perks, and trinkets of employment.

The only regrets I have over that decision thirteen years ago, was I didn't do it sooner, the rewards and freedom of self employment, far outweigh those of being a wage slave

Brian
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:37   #45
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Some time ago the For Sale section was changed due to the behaviour of some people commenting on cars being offered for sale and their prices and the subsequent ill-feeling that it created.

It seems this is now happening on threads like this as well.

I'll make one request that posts are from here kept civil or they will be deleted.

Personal attacks on each other or the seller are not on.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:38   #46
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Maninder, I really don't care if you are foolhardy enough to believe that a twelve year old Rover 75 is worth £6500.

Nor do I care, if anyone wishes to buy this car at the screen price, however what part of this thread needs your personal dislike of me to cloud your posting.

Your statement in regards to the "Wad of the Clutch", what does any trading member wishing to wipe the eyeballs of genuine enthusiasts doing a half baked job using inferior components have to do with this thread?

I'll tell you, precisely nothing whatsoever.

In terms of golden handshake with my former employer........if you had been asked to travel to set up a new facility four hundred miles from home, two weeks after your daughter had been born at 28 weeks weighing 1lb 11oz, and was incubated in the special care baby unit of the maternity wing, what would you do?

Well let's just say there are certain things I value considerably higher in life than material possessions, and perks, and trinkets of employment.

The only regrets I have over that decision thirteen years ago, was I didn't do it sooner, the rewards and freedom of self employment, far outweigh those of being a wage slave

Brian
Brian,

Thanks for the post above. I can debate the pros and cons as well as technicalities of car related matters all day, without making things personal. In fact, you may have noticed that I appear to quite enjoy the experience.

However, I don't believe it to be helpful when people start introducing measures of others' sense in relation to what they spend or may spend on cars.

I really do like your northern sense of humour and have nothing but respect for your technical prowess - despite the fact that there are occasions when I disagree with you on specific matters.

But, a bit like yourself, I will draw a line when I think matters have gone beyond what I consider to be reasonable or in the spririt of a healthy exchange. The above was such an instance.

Let's move on and I am sure we will be denating some other matter in a few day's (or perhaps hours) time.

Maninder.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:16   #47
marinabrian

MG ZT

I quite agree Maninder, after walking the hound around the block, this is the most sensible post either you or I have made in this thread.

Life's too short and all that

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Brian,

Thanks for the post above. I can debate the pros and cons as well as technicalities of car related matters all day, without making things personal. In fact, you may have noticed that I appear to quite enjoy the experience.

However, I don't believe it to be helpful when people start introducing measures of others' sense in relation to what they spend or may spend on cars.

I really do like your northern sense of humour and have nothing but respect for your technical prowess - despite the fact that there are occasions when I disagree with you on specific matters.

But, a bit like yourself, I will draw a line when I think matters have gone beyond what I consider to be reasonable or in the spririt of a healthy exchange. The above was such an instance.

Let's move on and I am sure we will be denating some other matter in a few day's (or perhaps hours) time.

Maninder.
Old 4th January 2017, 19:26   #48
Bigcul1
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Con SE

Not sure I get this thread, yep the car is nice and as for the price if it sells it sells. If it doesn't it doesn't.

By the way Brian, we had a BMW mini. It was utter rubbish. Full service history, owned from new. Engine was shot at 40,000 miles. It was ingesting and burning oil quicker than petrol. It was a 1.4 though with the non BMW engine in it.

Last edited by Pete; 4th January 2017 at 21:01.. Reason: Don't try to get round the swear filter please.
Bigcul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 20:52   #49
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcul1 View Post
Not sure I get this thread, yep the car is nice and as for the price if it sells it sells. If it doesn't it doesn't.

By the way Brian, we had a BMW mini. It was utter rubbish. Full service history, owned from new. Engine was shot at 40,000 miles. It was ingesting and burning oil quicker than petrol. It was a 1.4 though with the non BMW engine in it.
As the 1.4 engine is bought from Peugeot, what do you expect? As far as I'm aware, the only "BMW" engine that's ever been used in the later Mini's, is the 3 cylinder 1.5 Diesel, which is produced by hack sawing a cylinder off the 2.0d 4 cylinder engine.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 21:28   #50
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Think I'd far rather have this one. Much nicer.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-C...YAAOSwopRYbLWy
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote