Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th November 2016, 09:15   #21
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I just had to add my tuppence worth.

I was going to buy the Yellow ZT that Denis had up For Sale, but I knew that Matt had his heart set on a Yellow ZT, so I stepped aside and let Matt carry on.

Well the outcome is simply this. Friends of ours fell in love with the Yellow ZT, now called Bumblebee. And Matt sold them the car for the same price that Denis had sold to Matt. The car is garaged 6 months of the year and is cared for and wants for nothing, just the same when Denis and Matt had the car.

And the final outcome to all this is, when I can no longer drive or pop off this mortal coil, Matt will inherit my Yellow ZT, "The Flying Banana". It is written into my will which Matt has a copy of. I'll know that she will live on under the care of a very careful and loving owner.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
Old 26th November 2016, 11:14   #22
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

That is and will remain to be one very spoilt "yellow" car .......
Old 26th November 2016, 12:49   #23
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

For sure she will I am a man of my words and I've told bob banana will never be sold as long as I'm alive she will be used for shows club meets etc and live in an undercover barn when not used but this will not be for a long time yet every car I've ever owned gets looked after serviced and not abused in most cases leaves our ownership In better condition then when purchased etc these cars get under your skin and I'm glad they do
Old 26th November 2016, 16:50   #24
buckyhill
Loves to post

mg ztt and mg rv8 and mgtf

Silly really but I still email the owner of my zt who had it from new and for a couple of years always replied with genuine interest. He has not replied to the last couple so it's probably time to let dogs lie. My biggest regret and we have all done it sold a wonderful auto MGC to buy a lotus 2 plus2 which needed a new engine and no electrics worked; why?
Old 13th December 2016, 15:16   #25
denis
Gets stuck in

2004 MG-ZT CDTi 135 Saloon in TROPHY YELLOW + Synergy Two-wow and an Aussy import RAV 4 2.4L

Not been on since my regrets post. Somehow just can't raise the enthusiasm for the forum these days.
Ok. I accept the brickbats coming in my direction and I suppose deservedly so. I had only myself to blame but, and this is a big But, I was not aware that you Matt were looking at converting to auto for health reasons when I wrote the post (even though it may have been mentioned in the dim and distant past) and when this became an insummountabe task that you would have to pass the peril on. This would have thrown a different complexion on the situation.
All it appeared to me from a distance was that you travelled all that way from Torquay to Folkestone to collect and within a very short time the peril had been sold on. You cannot blame me for thinking it was just a profiteering excercise. Now I know better I apologise unreservedly.
As far as the use of the expression 'peanuts' yes I sold to you for the price agreed, but in hindsight that was a lot of car for little money and I think we are all doing ourselves a dis-service by passing these cars on so cheaply. We seem to have become conditioned to actually thinking that they aren't worth much and I believe that is fundamentally wrong.
As everybody says, you do things like sell on favourite possessions and regret the hell out of it afterwards. Ah well, water under the bridge. I guess the peril is in good hands.
As I said...apologies....my regrets arise from my own actions and nobody elses.
Old 13th December 2016, 15:37   #26
Ratty
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT CDTI Honda Jazz 1.4 Auto

Yes you were well out of order there Denis. You were the one that agreed the selling price, If the new owner did sell for a profit ( which he did not) That is nothing to do with you at all.And your first post was unnecessary and very upsetting.
Old 13th December 2016, 16:12   #27
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

In this time of cheer and goodwill to all men - maybe its about time we closed this thread down.........
Old 13th December 2016, 16:20   #28
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

I think this is a good moment to close this thread.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Closed Thread