Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2009, 08:23   #1
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default 10th Anniversary RBR 2009 Stage 6

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

All participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for following traffic regulations and appropriate laws when traveling. Thanks.

Co-ordinators - Please use this thread to manage Stage 6, route, volunteers etc

Stage 6: Chester to Glasgow - Justmicky
Lovingly cared for, since 2000

Last edited by The Yellow Peril; 15th May 2009 at 07:47..
Old 14th May 2009, 13:28   #2
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

If I meet JDC in Colwyn, then I could meet someone at the Jctn of the M6 M56 Nr Warrington. There is a truckstop Cafe Filling station there.

That covers the end of stage 5, (Colwyn to Chester) and the start of stage 6 from Chester to Warrington (M6).. Is that any help?

Last edited by James.uk; 14th May 2009 at 13:59..
Old 14th May 2009, 16:33   #3
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
If I meet JDC in Colwyn, then I could meet someone at the Jctn of the M6 M56 Nr Warrington. There is a truckstop Cafe Filling station there.

That covers the end of stage 5, (Colwyn to Chester) and the start of stage 6 from Chester to Warrington (M6).. Is that any help?
Sounds good James, thanks for the help. I shall pencil you in for that run although final details will depend upon how many volunteers we get for our stage
Cheers
Old 14th May 2009, 16:41   #4
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Hi Micky,

Myself and Scooterchick are hopefully co-ordinating Stage 7 (Glasgow to Edinburgh) so I thought I would pop on here to suggest a possible handover point on the M74.

I am conscious it is a long trip up from say Carlisle to Glasgow, to simply turn round and go back again, so unless the driver covering that leg is coming up to Glasgow anyway I woudl suggest we could start Stage 7 maybe halfway to Glasgow at somewhere like Abington services?

The services there are North and Southbound so you can turn around.

Just a thought to save a 200 mile round trip for the driver in that leg. You can let me know what you think?

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:55   #5
justmicky

Hi all,
Well lets get stage 6 under way which covers from Chester to Glasgow. All volunteers are welcome. As a general guide a direct route approach is preferred and we have a pretty direct route taking in the M56, M6 A74M and M74. However I think I am right in saying that this route is not set in stone and we can diversify if members in other areas feel the route should head in their direction a little. Please note though that there is an under lying time factor involved but all suggestions are up for discussion:

So far our stage volunteers are: -

Justmicky - coverage to be anounced
ace1977Ian - coverage to be anounced
James.UK - Possible Colwyn to M56/M6 Junction (J20)

Please let us know if you are able to help out and which area you would like to cover
Cheers
Old 14th May 2009, 16:58   #6
justmicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekosb View Post
Hi Micky,

Myself and Scooterchick are hopefully co-ordinating Stage 7 (Glasgow to Edinburgh) so I thought I would pop on here to suggest a possible handover point on the M74.

I am conscious it is a long trip up from say Carlisle to Glasgow, to simply turn round and go back again, so unless the driver covering that leg is coming up to Glasgow anyway I woudl suggest we could start Stage 7 maybe halfway to Glasgow at somewhere like Abington services?

The services there are North and Southbound so you can turn around.

Just a thought to save a 200 mile round trip for the driver in that leg. You can let me know what you think?

Derek

Hi Derek,
Sounds great, will take that onboard. At the moment we shall see how many volunteers we get for our stage and who is willing to do what and get back to you accordingly

Cheers
Mike
Old 14th May 2009, 17:00   #7
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

No worries Mike, early days I know. Just thought it might suit better and offers some flexibility.

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:10   #8
Merl
Avid contributor

MG ZT260 SE + Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

PM Sent!!

Count me in! for some reason I had not got any notifications from the main thread so didnt realise how far this had jumped ahead

I can do whatever distance really depending on time of day or with notice I can just get up either earlier or later to avoid getting sleepy!!

If you need any help with the coordination let me know as would of offered earlier.

Cheers

Martin
Old 14th May 2009, 23:15   #9
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merl View Post
PM Sent!!

Count me in! for some reason I had not got any notifications from the main thread so didnt realise how far this had jumped ahead

I can do whatever distance really depending on time of day or with notice I can just get up either earlier or later to avoid getting sleepy!!

If you need any help with the coordination let me know as would of offered earlier.

Cheers

Martin
Sorry Merl, trying to keep an eye on all the action, I missed your earlier post. I'm sure Justmicky, the Stage co-ordinator will be along soon to welcome you on board, thanks

Andrew
Lovingly cared for, since 2000
Old 14th May 2009, 23:24   #10
Merl
Avid contributor

MG ZT260 SE + Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril View Post
Sorry Merl, trying to keep an eye on all the action, I missed your earlier post. I'm sure Justmicky, the Stage co-ordinator will be along soon to welcome you on board, thanks

Andrew
Yeah he has was his PM that got my attention again!! its all looking good now.

Ohh not sure if i have missed anything which is possible but a friend of mine was telling me about a OS mapping device thingy that tracks ur route and you can upload the info, not sure if it does real time.... So i can enquiry further about that for something to be used as a batton if interested?

Martin.
Closed Thread