Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th January 2023, 05:48   #21
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I used to do that when driving back at speed from work in the early hours as they made it easier to pick out deer on the verge - until I got a tug at 1 am.
As the officer said " it's thirty quid if we could be bothered with the paperwork". Luckily for me they couldn't.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2023, 07:41   #22
Matt_75
Gets stuck in

75 Saloon

If output from your headlights is poor, there's a couple of things you can do to improve them. If they're cloudy/yellow you can use car polish to remove the oxidised layer. Or for a longer lasting fix, remove the cloudiness with 600 grit sandpaper and water, then 1000 grit (with water) then 2000 grit (with water again). Then coat with a UV resistant clear lacquer. This is what mine looked like before and after:

Then maybe look at upgrading your bulbs. Some advise LEDs but if you have halogen units, this technically shouldn't pass an MoT test as the manual states "Existing halogen headlamp units on vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986 must not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp for light source and lamp not compatible".

MoT manual, section 4.1.4: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-insp...ical-equipment

Something like this should improve output and be legal: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253788011...mis&media=COPY
Matt_75 is offline   Reply With Quote