Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2012, 20:58   #41
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ose1665 View Post
OK I have another question on this bit...
'That gets you access to remove the burner unit and see inside the heat exchanger. Follow the two thick wires (mentioned earlier), to the glowpin, unclip the wires, unclip the glowpin - held by a spring P clip and very carefully remove it from the burner chamber. Test it by connecting its two terminals across 12v, where upon its square section end should in a few seconds become close to white hot. It is not designed to run continuously on 12v, so limit this test to a few seconds - just long enough to satisfy yourself that it glows. If it doesn't glow, then it has failed and no one has yet been able find a source for a replacement, but they are very expensive - maybe £60, even if you can manage to source one. Webasto only seem to sell them complete with the combustion chamber.'

If I understood correctly the glowpin uses quite a few amps so do you need to use a car battery to do the above test or would a battery charger 3-4amp capacity do the job?
Is the polarity of the test connection important? I would guess not but best to ask, as they are expensive and hard to get a replacment.

comments/advise would be appreciated, thanks
The battery charger would not be adequate, you are looking at 10 to 20 amps. Polarity is not important, but the test does need to be kept brief because under normal operation it runs at an average of 8 to 10v , rather than 12v.

I was in contact with Webasto since the New Year and they have confirmed that they will not sell the glowpin as a separate item - you have to buy the complete burner and glowpin.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 8th January 2012 at 21:01..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 21:14   #42
ose1665

BMW 5 series 525d SE saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The battery charger would not be adequate, you are looking at 10 to 20 amps. Polarity is not important, but the test does need to be kept brief because under normal operation it runs at an average of 8 to 10v , rather than 12v.

I was in contact with Webasto since the New Year and they have confirmed that they will not sell the glowpin as a separate item - you have to buy the complete burner and glowpin.
Thanks again.
ose1665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 08:15   #43
levski5

Rover 75

Default FBH 66232c

Hi guys, I have FBH 66232c and not signal to fuel dosing pump. I test it by lamp (in the end connector in pump and in pin 6) and connect pin 1 to battery, but nothing. The air fun starts about 60 seconds and stop after that. I think the problem is in PCB.... any ideas?
Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by levski5; 15th November 2012 at 08:18..
levski5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 19:25   #44
arwolc

Audi

Hello.
I have the similar problem.. Could You help me, please?
I have BMW webasto PCB failure, WTT shows one error - flame sensor error. Could not read flame :/ Glow plug is ok. Where I need to check the PCB?
Are any ideas? Thanks a lot.
P.S sorry for my english..
arwolc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2013, 20:08   #45
dotsie
Avid contributor

2 x rover 75 cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwolc View Post
Hello.
I have the similar problem.. Could You help me, please?
I have BMW webasto PCB failure, WTT shows one error - flame sensor error. Could not read flame :/ Glow plug is ok. Where I need to check the PCB?
Are any ideas? Thanks a lot.
P.S sorry for my english..
Frenchmike is the man to talk to.
dotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 14:39   #46
Union Wheels
Loves to post

Honda Accord Tourer i dtec

Default model 66232c pin 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
On my 98570B later model, that number is on the label which faces you (second line up from the bottom on the left) and on a second label on the end panel which faces out to the wing.

I can confirm shorting pin 3 to ground works on my model, but obviously cannot confirm the method for the earlier one, but it seems safe to assume it is correct - so I will include it.

Hi harry,

having just bought from a breakers yard and fitted a model 66232c, I can confirm that the unit can be forced into operation by connecting pin 3 to a 12volt supply.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

During the process of retro-fitting my FBH, I refered to your excellent article on the subject numerous times. Thank you for such a great write-up.

Cheers, Pete.

How to Retrofit Diesel Cruise Control + Loom
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...87&postcount=1

How to Modify a 3 Speed Fan for CDT & V6 into a 2 Speed with a Resistor.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=209920

CDT now gone to new owner, but still on forum

Last edited by Union Wheels; 20th March 2013 at 16:55.. Reason: spelling
Union Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2013, 15:23   #47
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Wheels View Post
Hi harry,
During the process if retro-fitting my FBH, I refered to your excelent article on the subject numerous times. Thank you for such a great write-up.

Cheers, Pete.
Thanks Pete glad it proved to be useful.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 11th January 2014, 12:25   #48
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

if like me you are about to fit a heater and pump going back to the OP I have attached a picture of the bracket and fuel line I found under my car. The electrical plug with the two green bits in, this is the electrical plug that was under the rear seat cushion that I have pushed down in front of the fuel tank for fitting to the pump.

macafee2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0639.jpg (116.8 KB, 95 views)
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2014, 14:28   #49
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Exactly as mine was, prior to fitting. The 'pipe' clipped in the two brackets, is not pipe, its just a solid length of plastic rod to blank and fix the pipes. The pump replaces the plastic rod.

If fitting a second hand pump assuming the rubber mounts come with it, the metal bracket which the pump rubbers hang from will have long since rusted away. A replacement is not hard to fabricate.

There are two steel brackets, the part shown in Macafee2's photo, then the a second one which rusts away.

Old 11th January 2014, 15:46   #50
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Harry, your how to is excellent and it is what I'm following. Hope you don't mind me adding the picture, thought it would help others by showing what should be there.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote