Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th October 2010, 17:31   #21
bobgrice
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon 1.8t

Smile north west meet

looks good to me .I will go along with the majority
Old 17th October 2010, 18:30   #22
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Looks good to me & only 20 minutes away from me as well.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:35   #23
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Things seem to have stalled a bit with this.

The other areas already seem to have something in the pipeline - in fact I've already put my name down for the intended visit to Bruntinghthorpe Museum/Proving Grounds that the midlands area is looking at.

Truthfully, IMHO we could do with a monthly meeting as I'm sure not everbody would be able to make each meet - the location being moved around the area, hopefully at a venue that would attract members.

Not sure if our inaugural meet since Richard has taken over the reigns of the North West area should just be at a pub for a meal and a chat, would consider something at a venue a little more in keeping.

A few suggestions:-

The boat museum at Ellesmere Port http://www.nwm.org.uk/

A meet up in Blackpool and a run through the illuminations http://www.blackpool-illuminations.net/

A little further north the lakeland car museum http://www.lakedistrictletsgo.co.uk/...tormuseum.html

The Concorde/Nimrod tour at Manchester Airport http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/m.../ConcordeTours

That's before we look at the idea of Llandudno, Rhyl, St Annes etc. or a National Trust property.

What's everybody's thought's or am I getting a little ahead of myself.

Regards
Jim
Old 20th October 2010, 17:37   #24
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI ECO

I think that is a little unfair to suggest that things have 'stalled' a bit.

The pub idea was put out to members only 3 days ago and I have been awaiting peoples responses on the idea before committing to a date. Also, the previous North West meet was only 4 weeks ago.

I have also been waiting for more people to reply to PM's sent (over 150) to add their locations to the North West map and add their suggestions regarding the venue and frequency for future meets before finalising anything.

The reason I chose a pub for our first meet with a new regional secretary was to attract as many members as possible, old and especially new, to an easily accessible central location where we can meet each other and discuss the location of future meets in the region.

The large car park at this pub in Warrington also means that like 'The Romper' we can all park together in one area if a large number of members wish to attend.

Jim, I am of course open to all ideas members put forward. However, a meet at Blackpool Illuminations or the Concorde Museum at Manchester airport would be a logistical nightmare to arrange with regards to parking.

99% of car clubs have their regional meets at pubs for that very reason.

A monthly meet is a nice idea, but how many members would attend who like myself have work and family commitments at the weekend.

I appreciate your input and all your suggestions have been added to my list of possible venues.

Last edited by richardwjackson; 20th October 2010 at 17:51..
Old 20th October 2010, 23:00   #25
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

I'm sorry Richard if you find my comments unfair - that was not my intention - rather lets get the ball rolling as other area seem to be able to do.

Granted it's only a short time since you put forward The Hollow Tree at Stretton but it doesn't seem to have received much in the way of reaction.

As regards the private message if it's the same one that I received:-

private message removed at request of message originator

it's not really asking for anything, rather it's a statement of fact.

I notice you only comment on two of my suggestions - refering to them as logistical nightmares with regard to parking etc.

1) Blackpool Illuminations, obviously we'd meet earlier in the day at a venue to be decided on and after the meet would convoy through the illuminations to our respective homes.

2) Concorde/Nimrod tour - there's sufficient parking adjacent to the viewing park for this purpose, that's where last November I met up with Dave T, the previous owner of my car, together with in excess of 20 other members.

All people have commitments, me included, but most are in the position to spare half a day a month.

I await with interest how we proceed in the NW area.

Edit: would mention that the offending pm was online for 18 hours before a moderator was asked to remove it - at no time was I asked to edit my post deleting the pm - there are several posts where this request could have been made.

Regards
Jim

Last edited by J1MBO; 21st October 2010 at 22:25.. Reason: needed saying
Old 21st October 2010, 07:46   #26
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI ECO

As stated I am awaiting peoples responses to the pub idea before committing to a date which I will decide on this week.

Not everyone accesses these forums on a daily basis to respond.

The whole idea of an easily accessible pub location was to create a friendly atmosphere to entice more new members.

At this meet it would be my intention to gather lots of ideas for future interesting venues like the ones you have put forward.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:42   #27
Wilsy
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Looking at the map members are spread far and wide. Manchester seems like the more central location.

By the way I'm a clay-head from Stoke. It's not my fault I could move

Paul.
Membership No:000226
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 21st October 2010, 11:26   #28
lew1kat

MG ZT+ CDTI

Let me know where & when and i'm in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsy View Post
Looking at the map members are spread far and wide. Manchester seems like the more central location.

By the way I'm a clay-head from Stoke. It's not my fault I could move

Where about's in Stoke are you Wilsy?

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 02:32.. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 21st October 2010, 11:58   #29
Alan.F
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 1.8 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post

2) Concorde/Nimrod tour - there's sufficient parking adjacent to the viewing park for this purpose, that's where last November I met up with Dave T, the previous owner of my car, together with in excess of 20 other members.

Regards
Jim
The only problem with the viewing park idea for parking is that they now charge £3ph to park so would become quite expensive

Old 21st October 2010, 12:50   #30
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan.F View Post
The only problem with the viewing park idea for parking is that they now charge £3ph to park so would become quite expensive

I think you might well find that is incorrect - the viewing park charge is £5.00 - on all the tours the parking is included within the tour charge.

Regards

Jim
Closed Thread