Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th July 2007, 20:50   #21
edzios

MG ZT-T

Hi Pedro, thanks for the reply, I am learning fast! When I looked at the listings on ebay and the item refered to a motorised monitor screen, with a Tape facility, I thought they were all CD's, did not know there were different types to choose from. I also thought that the new monitor would make idle my CD unit in the boot, redundant.
Has anybody bought from the listings on ebay from Lithuania, or does anybody have any good contacts for monitors and BM54/BM24 Units in the UK?
I will get there, soon.....
Best regards,
Eddy
edzios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2007, 08:48   #22
R-yen

Rover 75 Saloon

Looks great!

I would like to have such a microphone for my handsfree kit, is it BMW Microphone Part number 84 31 8 380 319 or the newer 84 31 6 938 762 ?
And does it need a special connector?

I currently have the original parrot microphone fitted there, but the sound quality is not very good. How is yours?

Last edited by R-yen; 19th July 2007 at 09:05.. Reason: found another (better) bmw mic
R-yen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 17:49   #23
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Just a word of caution not all BM24s have dual Tuners so always ask and or check first.
Otherwise Yes if you go for a Bordmonitor with CD or Minidisk the CD or Minidisk will not work unless you mated with a BM54

Also remember the BM54 requires around £80 worth of BMW adapter cables as well!

Also whilst I am repeating stuff from other posts there is a thing called a "BM54 Back" which is a BM24 in disguise some people pay way to much money for those, I know because I sold a couple and was amazed at the bidding

Stew glad your MP3 Changer is sorted
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2007, 19:51   #24
pedro444
Avid contributor

Ex 75 CDT Connoisseur Se Ex ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-yen View Post
Looks great!

I would like to have such a microphone for my handsfree kit, is it BMW Microphone Part number 84 31 8 380 319 or the newer 84 31 6 938 762 ?
And does it need a special connector?

I currently have the original parrot microphone fitted there, but the sound quality is not very good. How is yours?
Just dug out the part number for the microphone - it's 84 31 6 938 762.

I think the sound quality is OK though I've never been on the other end of a phone call from it so can't say for definite!

You can see the shape of the connector in my first post, and if you happen to have the spare orange wires there already you could use that connector and wire it in to your parrot system.

Hope this helps,
Pete
pedro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 18:59   #25
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro444 View Post
... I thought you might be interested in the Bluetooth system I've fitted to my 75. It's fully integrated to the car and uses BMW components.
[...]
Hope you find this interesting!
Pete
Hi Pete,
very interesting. I don't see a telephone aerial in the parts you fitted. I've bought some of the parts needed to install this too and the ULF module I bought came with a telephone aerial. (Part no.: ) This part (or one similar) also appears in the BMW E46 manuals I've seen online. Did you use one that is not shown in your photos or does the shark fin aerial for the sat. nav. double up for telephone in some way?

Regards,
Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 19:56   #26
damydyo1
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Pete,

You have my deeply respect for your expertise. A fine how to. Couldn't do it better. I wasn't aware of the telephone function in the high-line SATNAV. But maybe it isn't possible anyway in the Mrs car, because I retrofitted it from low-line to high line with a BM24 radio and a 4:3 screen.

I fixed the bluetooth undependently with a mirror of Seecode:

But I don't have a thelephone mute or menu on my screen. The Seecode however has a mic and speaker build in + numbre display while rearview is not disturbed. Also it can operate wireless with a battery for almost 4 months (if not constantly used) Further options like memory for last chosen numbre and indicators for telephone use are installed.

I defenitly will try your option too as an application on this system. the Mrs. wouldn't mind I think. Again thanks for your great thread!

Regards Ralph
damydyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2007, 17:16   #27
pedro444
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
Hi Pete,
very interesting. I don't see a telephone aerial in the parts you fitted. I've bought some of the parts needed to install this too and the ULF module I bought came with a telephone aerial. (Part no.: ) This part (or one similar) also appears in the BMW E46 manuals I've seen online. Did you use one that is not shown in your photos or does the shark fin aerial for the sat. nav. double up for telephone in some way?

Regards,
Kearton
Hi Kearton,

I didn't actually use a telephone aerial with this installation. If you want to use one I think you have to find a way of holding the phone securely in one place - the eject box is the way BMWs do this but this wouldn't be easy to fit anywhere in the 75 without looking a bit out of place.

Despite not having an external aerial I don't have any problems with a phone signal though - I guess phones have improved over the years to the point where they don't really need an external aerial anymore.

Regards,
Pete
Old 10th November 2007, 17:27   #28
pedro444
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by damydyo1 View Post
Pete,

I defenitly will try your option too as an application on this system. the Mrs. wouldn't mind I think. Again thanks for your great thread!

Regards Ralph
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your comments

It's nice having such an integrated system - if you can find the parts it's definitely worth having a go. The biggest expense for me was the BM54 tuner. However I recently sold my old BM24 on ebay and got far more than I was expecting so it might not work out too expensive for you to swap!

Regards,
Pete
Old 16th March 2009, 20:01   #29
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Hi guys, I'm sorry if I've missed it but can you tell me the part numbers for all the bits and rough cost of this upgrade? Mine is a 2002 with factory fit hiline satnav.
It looks a really good upgrade and well done on a brilliant how too.
Old 16th March 2009, 20:40   #30
hans.schaaper
Avid contributor

rover 75 2.5 V6 auto

Default For Phil

Have a look here also, it's very informative.
http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=210573
I followed this route and built my own loom.

Hans
hans.schaaper is offline   Reply With Quote