Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th October 2010, 11:00   #1
Andrew Craig

75 Tourer

Default Door locking problems 75 Tourer

Many thanks to those that responded with their helpful suggestions to the earlier problem . Unfortunately, the problem of rain and door locking issue stated previously has not gone away. When locked and its been raining the the lights would flash twice, as it would to indicate that the doors are locked, but would then would continue to repeat this after intervals of 4/5 mins . Also if I leave the doors unlocked the system would automatically lock them again.
Before spending further monies getting the ECU/BCU tested is anyone aware of earthing problems/weaknesses that I could check? .....the problem seems only to occur when the car is damp leading me to think that one of the sensors /targets in the doors(?) is the weak point?.

Many Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 21:09   #2
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Andrew

Assuming the car is parked on the level when it rains, there's not many places the water can get in without leaving a trace.

If your happy to do some basic stuff, I would check the following

ECU - pull it out from the plenum, and see if there is any tide marks or signs of water ingress

BCU - remove the glove box for better access, again remove it and check the 2 connectors for signs of corrosion.on both sides.

Bonnet switch - remove the switch (bit of a pain) and check the connector for signs of corrosion.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 20:32   #3
Andrew Craig

75 Tourer

Default door locking problem

Thanks David , will give them a try. Not quite sure if I'm diy savvy enough but here goes.

Regards
Andrew
Andrew Craig is offline   Reply With Quote