Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st May 2016, 05:54   #141
jsb junior

ROVER 75

Smile checked

just to say thank you very much for this very useful info. i followed advice and cleared the drain hole i did have water in there and gunk so thanks again
jim barker
jsb junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 15:19   #142
EXM

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Thank you

Having had problems with the autobox whilst in France (it would only drive in 4th and reverse in the emergency program) I searched the forum and came across your advice regarding the plenum check. I followed the very clear directions and water poured out of the drain hole. The ECU dried out and the gearbox now functions perfectly. Brilliant. Please note; I had the car washed by a high pressure hose team the day before the defect occured.
EXM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 18:23   #143
Digger graves

rover 75 Tourer

Default ive checked them

thanks for the heads up me being a newbie I picked up car yesterday checked them today. it's a 02 reg 1800 tourer they seemed be a hole with a grommet and short drop no pipe length but vacuumed it out blew the pollen filter out with the air line poured some water in an it came out quick so at least it shouldn't t fill up . So is it as it should be? over to those who might know regards digger
Digger graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 11:02   #144
Stephen wade
Avid contributor

MGZT 190+

How do I get to the drivers side plenum I hear you have to go from under car but where is the pipe please
Stephen wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 11:11   #145
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Near the steering rack area.
They are obvious when you see the 2 lower tubes (one either side) poking downwards

We give every car we MOT a prod and cut the ends of both drains if they have not already been done

Do not confuse them with the 2 AC evaporator tubes which dangle down the subframe much further

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block

Last edited by Jules; 29th May 2016 at 11:15..
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 13:11   #146
Stephen wade
Avid contributor

MGZT 190+

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Near the steering rack area.
They are obvious when you see the 2 lower tubes (one either side) poking downwards

We give every car we MOT a prod and cut the ends of both drains if they have not already been done

Do not confuse them with the 2 AC evaporator tubes which dangle down the subframe much further

Gunna go jack drivers side up and see f I can find it Thanks a lot Jules I'm up in Conway hopefully next week if I have time I'll pop in and meet you m8
Stephen wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2016, 07:03   #147
jmaguire76

MG ZT+ 180

Checked this last night. No water down there,but the hole was very clogged up. A very easy and relatively quick process. As a new and first time ZT owner, the advice is appreciated.
jmaguire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 18:43   #148
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I have been out this evening and taken off the passenger side cover. The actual area was very clean, but there was still water in there. The pollen filter is a mess, and gave no clues, but the actual cover is broken and clips marked, so I do think someone has been doing this up until not long ago. The water wasn't terribly high, and I was quickly able to free it so far with a shotgun barrel cleaner of all things! However, the ECU loom sits right on top and I dare not go any further down with that, so I finished the job off with a coat hanger. It's a ll clear now.

I checked the driver's side, and the bottom was damp, so draining the passenger area had drained this also. Phew!

Now, a question about the ones near the wings? When I poke down them, I eventually get resistance? is this correct? Where do they end up?

Also, can I get to the lower driver's side without jacking, or do I need to wait until the car goes into a garage? I know they're all important, but I'm assuming the ECU one is the most imperative?

Thank you so much for your wonderful advice to a lady owner! I'm off now to join properly!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 19:11   #149
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Excellent work Kitts and welcome to the club !!

Might I suggest you order one of these to stop all that debris going down the huge gap in the first place

Jules Plenum Shield
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=68328

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 20:14   #150
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts View Post
I checked the driver's side, and the bottom was damp, so draining the passenger area had drained this also. Phew!

Now, a question about the ones near the wings? When I poke down them, I eventually get resistance? is this correct? Where do they end up?
When poking through the outside ones, i.e. those nearest the wings, they go inside the wings and what you feel is probably the wheel arch liner. Just tap it to find out.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote