Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How is your 75/ZT used?
Daily Driven 274 72.30%
Weekends only 55 14.51%
Currently off the road 15 3.96%
No longer own a 75/ZT 35 9.23%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th October 2017, 09:43   #91
crown
Gets stuck in

mg zt saloon

My zt was a daily driver until the beginning of the year, but in order to preserve the condition, the car was only used weekends etc. The car is now currently sorned until next year. My current daily car is a ford c max titanium tdci.

Mark.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]mods so far; auto boot lift mod, stainless steel back box, jvc double din head unit, vibe speakers, black oak dash, plenum mod, refurbished hairpins, retro fit illuminated sun visors k & n air filter,aero wipers.retro fit electric rear blind.
roewe front bumper with mg grill badge.new turbo vac pipes.
crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 10:22   #92
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

At the moment, unless something drastic were to happen, I cannot for see me parting with my car. Certainly the best I have had. The only exception to this would be for a R75 V6 manual tourer - V8 would be even better, but altered to look like a Mk 1 - or for a Triumph 2.5 PI estate.
Modern cars really do not appeal to me one bit. Sure they will be more economical & cheaper to run, but they look soulless to me. Over the past 3 years I have spent a fortune on this car, but they way I look at it, the parts that have been replaced could last another 10 years. The only main jobs that will need doing at some point are the front dampers & strut mounts, auto box fluid change & crank pulley. I would like to get some paint work done soon, front wings where the mud flaps have worn the paint down to bare metal, around the rear arch lips & both bumpers. Maybe a full respray then!

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 11:40   #93
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

As my signature indicates, I have done a lot of work on my 75. All the usual maintenance etc. The list grows but it is 12 years old. It's cherished, as anyone in my circle of friends and family will tell you. Moving on? Nah! Just paid another year's subs!
Old 14th October 2017, 13:05   #94
steveharvey2001
Loves to post

Mini Cooper SE

My 2004 Face-lift Diesel tourer has been mine since Feb 2008 so coming up to 10 years. 136000 on the clock when I bought it, now approaching 280,000. I have had to replace the clutch twice but otherwise very reliable. The only thing that does not work on it is the trip computer button.
I do 300 commuting miles a week, mostly motorways.

The things that I find let it down for me are the driver's side door window scratches and the pitting of the windscreen which is caused by such a high mileage at mostly high speeds.

I will definitely keep it another year as I want to break my personal record of keeping a car which is 10 years 2 months.
I expect that political pressure to get old diesels off the road will inevitably be the reason I eventually change my car.
I was in a restaurant with my family last week and received a text from webuyanycar.com offering me a price for the car which was less than the total on the bill for the meal. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20171015_201402.jpg (119.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by steveharvey2001; 15th October 2017 at 19:16..
steveharvey2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 13:26   #95
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveharvey2001 View Post
My 2004 Face-lift Diesel tourer has been mine since Feb 2008 so coming up to 10 years. 136000 on the clock when I bought it, now approaching 280,000. I have had to replace the clutch twice but otherwise very reliable. The only thing that does not work on it is the trip computer button.
I do 300 commuting miles a week, mostly motorways.

The things that I find let it down for me are the driver's side door window scratches and the pitting of the windscreen which is caused by such a high mileage at mostly high speeds.

I will definitely keep it another year as I want to break my personal record of keeping a car which is 10 years 2 months.
I expect that political pressure to get old diesels off the road will inevitably be the reason I eventually change my car.
I was in a restaurant with my family last week and received a text from webuyanycar.com offering me a price for the car which was less than the total on the bill for the meal. :-)

LOL I've just put a thread in the chill out zone section about those guys plus I looked online at those scrappage comparison sites for old cars.

Afternoon Derek, Sorry to hear you've been unwell, I hope the Doc's can sort something out for you.

I've been busy power washing the slim/algae off the drive where the Lumina lives, I washed it and drove it around the service road to keep everything from sticking etc before putting it back.

The scuttle panel was two inch deep in those Birch tree leaves.

I've put that Neilsen charger on the battery to give it a 2 amp trickle charge to keep the battery (which has been in good fettle as this car has been SORN'd for two years or so) in good shape.

I checked out one of those scrappage schemes sites online to see what the Lumina was worth, they couldn't find the weight of the vehicle at DVLA so I didn't get a quote (in 30 seconds as they advertise)

There are four new tyres on the car which have done less than two thousabd miles & they are the same size as the Rover so I'll be keeping it to change the tyres around when the time comes.

I put the Rovers reg in to see what that was worth, three quotes came back in thirty seconds varying from £93 to £125 if it had steel wheels it would have been less LOL

Mind you when I checked that 'Webuyanycar' they only offered £75 so it's worth more dead than alive

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 13:40   #96
350zwelgje
Avid contributor

75 KV6 2.5 3x Rover 75 CDT

Having 4 now, just added one 2004 MK1 KV6 last week as a daily driver and company car with just 200.000km....
My wife uses one as a daily driver and doesn't want a replacement. Although diesel is getting more and more bullied. And have a diesel automatic I will never let go.
Now one going spare that will be handed down to one of my daughters when she passes her driving test. So not getting rid of any of them but getting more people to drive them
Do quite some mileages in all of them, a couple do over 50.000km per year, two diesels have over 350.000km on the clock and no issues with them except some stuff related to mileage and age.
So as long they are not forbidden, at least three will not go and get replaced!
Also helping people that have one to keep it on the road for sensible money.
One of those is a first owner diesel, is now over 400.000km and he would have gotten rid of it many years ago. No issues on this one except the standard items like fan, door lock and a sill repair.

Rob
Old 14th October 2017, 15:49   #97
EHD1978
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer & MG ZT 190 SE

I currently have three, all facelift, all top spec with sunroofs, driver options pack etc.

Although I plan to get down to 2, I can't see me selling those two as I'm so hopelessly attached now, and I've spent too much money on them. They are recreational toys for me, as I usually have a generic Euro box to absorb the miles and harsh winters.

I plan to spend a lot more on getting them up to scratch so I won't be going anywhere for a while.

2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer 2.5
2004 MG ZT 190 SE (Car number 96 of 151)
EHD1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 17:01   #98
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Thumbs up Mg ZT 260 V8 since new.

Really enjoyed reading all of these comments. I've owned SN55 JPJ since I bought her new at half price when Rover folded in 2005. She's been my daily driver since I picked her up from Arnold Clark in Edinburgh Dec 2005. My first drive rewarded me with a speeding ticket on the way home to Truro (Talivan.... Dumfries and Galloway..... It didn't feel like 90 guv....honest.)
I just picked her up today after her 10th successful MOT. She has a full service history since new, less than 70k on the clock, and has been reliable and inexpensive to service so far. If you had a serious commute you'd need deep pockets at only 20-25mpg, but the drive train and Mustang engine seem near bulletproof.
With regard to possible shore leave from this forum, there is that local mustang convertible that keeps flirting with me. I'll have to wait for her price to drop! Definitely much less practical too.
I was stunned at the cost of new cars when I looked recently. There are so many systems to go wrong that cost a bomb to diagnose and fix and you'd have to start a brand new learning curve. I don't plan to desert my MG ZT anytime soon, especially with the great support from this forum and the two-sixties making such a great contribution to me keeping her going. I've owned a lot of nice cars and this one has been the best so far.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 17:07   #99
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Really enjoyed reading all of these comments. I've owned SN55 JPJ since I bought her new at half price when Rover folded in 2005. She's been my daily driver since I picked her up from Arnold Clark in Edinburgh Dec 2005. My first drive rewarded me with a speeding ticket on the way home to Truro (Talivan.... Dumfries and Galloway..... It didn't feel like 90 guv....honest.)
I just picked her up today after her 10th successful MOT. She has a full service history since new, less than 70k on the clock, and has been reliable and inexpensive to service so far. If you had a serious commute you'd need deep pockets at only 20-25mpg, but the drive train and Mustang engine seem near bulletproof.
With regard to possible shore leave from this forum, there is that local mustang convertible that keeps flirting with me. I'll have to wait for her price to drop! Definitely much less practical too.
I was stunned at the cost of new cars when I looked recently. There are so many systems to go wrong that cost a bomb to diagnose and fix and you'd have to start a brand new learning curve. I don't plan to desert my MG ZT anytime soon, especially with the great support from this forum and the two-sixties making such a great contribution to me keeping her going. I've owned a lot of nice cars and this one has been the best so far.
Great post
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 19:07   #100
mccano
Loves to post

MG ZTT,Chrysler 300 Touring

I'll start the story from 1981, when I started working seriously..Mini Clubman Estate, then in 1983 MG Metro Turbo, it was a nightmare but I really loved that car. In 1985 Golf GTI and then 3 GTI's 16V, Audi 80, Audi A4, Audi A3, BMW 320. All very good cars, but no regrets when I moved on. In 2002 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur and in 2005 probably the last ZTT registered in Italy, still with me as a daily user and with 450000 km on the clock. To buy a new car with the same appeal I would need to spend at least 40000 euros and that's not an option. The car is serviced regularly but not fanatically. Major expenses up to now one turbo unit, one clutch, one back box and one pair of front discs. Best seats and driving position of any car I have driven so far...and the best club in the world.
mccano is offline   Reply With Quote