Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th June 2008, 09:31   #11
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

Be aware that Plymouth is considering dropping some courses... here's part of the email they sent out about it...

"Our mission is to take the University of Plymouth from good to great and mark it out as the enterprise university. As part of our academic and financial planning process, we embarked upon a comprehensive review of activities earlier this year...

This will require us to refocus our portfolio to enable the university to invest strategically in those areas that deliver on the mission and enhance our reputation nationally and internationally. Key areas include but are not limited to: the creative economies, marine, health, biomedical sciences, enterprise and business, sustainability and education...

We will also need to withdraw from some areas that have limited scope to contribute to our strategic development plans and reduce our academic offer in other areas in line with market developments. This will not impact on your learning experience."

May be worth making sure that the course your daughter wants to do isn't under threat (she wouldn't want to be in the final year of a course which has been axed, staff probably wouldn't hang around to find other jobs!)

Plymouth is a lovely city though, the Hoe and the Barbican are truly world class (as is much of the post-war architecture), great access to the sea, the moors and so on...

Last edited by allegroman; 19th June 2008 at 11:07.. Reason: appaling spelling errors!
allegroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 11:06   #12
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegroman View Post
Be aware that Plymouth is considering dropping some courses... here's part of the email they sent out about it...

"Our mission is to take the University of Plymouth from good to great and mark it out as the enterprise university. As part of our academic and financial planning process, we embarked upon a comprehensive review of activities earlier this year...

This will require us to refocus our portfolio to enable the university to invest strategically in those areas that deliver on the mission and enhance our reputation nationally and internationally. Key areas include but are not limited to: the creative economies, marine, health, biomedical sciences, enterprise and business, sustainability and education...

We will also need to withdraw from some areas that have limited scope to contribute to our strategic development plans and reduce our academic offer in other areas in line with market developments. This will not impact on your learning experience."

May be worth making sure that the course your daughter wants to do isn't under threat (she wouldn't want to be in the final year of a course which has been axed, staff probably wouldn't hang around to find other jobs!)

Plymouth is a lovely city though, great acces to the sea, the moors asmnd so on...
We will check that. We still have another year to go as she is just finishing her first year of A's. But we wanted to have a look early. Their Chemistry dept is well resourced and they have very good links with local industry so I would hope that dept won't be for the chop! Chemistry also has the (perceived!) reputation of being one, if not the, best degrees to have.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 10:33   #13
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Default MPG for Plymouth run

Just filled up today and calculated my mpg for the Plymouth run plus a bit of local stuff was 32.83mpg

I used this http://www.eforecourt.com/calc_mpg.htm

Next week is all local stop/start so it will be interesting to see the difference.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote