Closed Thread

Old 14th June 2016, 13:50   #601
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The simple answer, is that it is easier/ more attractive to move here to a ready made society with lots of free benefits, even if you don't work at all. For them, the UK's streets really are paved with gold, from their perspective - what's not to like?
Exactly; human nature! Seen in a more local setting; people priced out of London and moving into surrounding counties...

🏓
Old 14th June 2016, 14:10   #602
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
The simple answer, is that it is easier/ more attractive to move here to a ready made society with lots of free benefits, even if you don't work at all. For them, the UK's streets really are paved with gold, from their perspective - what's not to like?
That's a point I hadn't considered. Sounds like what I might do. But in hindsight it is what I did. I was an unemployed teenager with absolutely no prospects in northern England. If things had carried on the way they were going for me I would have gone bad. I followed the money to London, got a job and never looked back. I don't blame in the least any genuine immigrant (refugee/economic or similar) for trying it on. It's perfectly natural and to be expected. I'm grateful there were no border controls at Lime Street station to prevent me from enjoying the life I made for myself. So I can't point at other unfortunates!
Old 14th June 2016, 14:19   #603
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
Priceless! A tiny part of me wants Out to win as well so we can see which of the Leave dream-team gets to negotiate the exit terms with the EU and then after about five years come back to the Houses of Parliament with their tail between their legs to try and justify the appalling deal they've negotiated.
I don't see any special issues to the leaving process, surely we hold all of the cards? Worst case is we just say bye, bye and don't pay Brussels any more and close up the borders. Much easier for us as an island nation, than the rest of the EU members. We are the strongest EU nation, so they keep telling us.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 14th June 2016, 14:44   #604
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Priceless! A tiny part of me wants Out to win as well so we can see which of the Leave dream-team gets to negotiate the exit terms with the EU and then after about five years come back to the Houses of Parliament with their tail between their legs to try and justify the appalling deal they've negotiated.
Amazing hubris - truly amazing.......
Old 14th June 2016, 15:01   #605
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

MGJ, in answer to your question, I have exactly the same crystal ball as DarcyDog. Except I bothered to read the instructions and actually put the batteries in
Old 14th June 2016, 15:07   #606
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:

Perhaps I don't understand your post, but are you saying that you agree we would be better off out, but you don't trust our elected representatives to negotiate a cohesive deal, so would rather put your trust in the unelected EU commission

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14th June 2016, 15:08   #607
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
I don't see any special issues to the leaving process, surely we hold all of the cards? Worst case is we just say bye, bye and don't pay Brussels any more and close up the borders. Much easier for us as an island nation, than the rest of the EU members. We are the strongest EU nation, so they keep telling us.
We hold none of the cards. 44% of our exports go to the EU, 8% of theirs come here.

Agreements have to be made about ex pats on both sides, those already working in various countries etc. Then there's the trade deals and all manner of things, especially if we go down a Norway route.

The EU will be in no rush to conclude matters and in the meantime our economy will be hit by the uncertainty.
Old 14th June 2016, 15:11   #608
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

£80 billion wiped out on the FTSE over 4 days - pundits reckon most is down to BREXIT fears. By my rough estimate that's 9 years worth of the UK's EU net contributions gone in a blink. Kinda makes you think....
Old 14th June 2016, 15:30   #609
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
£80 billion wiped out on the FTSE over 4 days - pundits reckon most is down to BREXIT fears. By my rough estimate that's 9 years worth of the UK's EU net contributions gone in a blink. Kinda makes you think....
You can do the same with the right software on Windows XP!!!
No matter if we stay in or out we are basically stuffed. A close call for in will send shock waves to Brussels and the opposite could well do some damage.
I have now decided I am not voting, the hype, lies and hypocrisy from both sides makes me sick!!!
Old 14th June 2016, 15:38   #610
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
We hold none of the cards. 44% of our exports go to the EU, 8% of theirs come here.

Agreements have to be made about ex pats on both sides, those already working in various countries etc. Then there's the trade deals and all manner of things, especially if we go down a Norway route.

The EU will be in no rush to conclude matters and in the meantime our economy will be hit by the uncertainty.

We hold ALL of the cards, their 8% amounts to more than double our 44%. Now there is more than one way to look at that statistic, but do you honestly believe that THEY can afford to loose that trade, as well as our NET contribution to EU?
It seems to me, that the top reason for for voting remain, is a lack of confidence in our own government to negotiate a good deal for UK, but what is the worst deal they could possibly achieve?? A free trade deal perhaps? According to the IN's this would cost us just as much, and we would have to accept free movement, but would someone please explain to me why we would be any worse off than we are now? And don't bother to mention the loss of our 1:27 vote, because that's hardly a major issue compared with the freedom to trade with the rest of the world on our own terms. Indeed, I would be inclined to think that by the time the negotiations were completed, we would have developed new trading partnerships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Closed Thread