Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th March 2015, 07:28   #21
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Had the same problem 2 weeks back with the engine warning light flashing on.
After lots of trial and error fixes .turned out to be bad contact of the plug that
goes into the fuel filter. Unplugged it 3or4 times cured the problem Also make sure the weight of the wire in the corrigated sleeve is not pulling the plug down.
Worth a try.

LADY IN RED

Last edited by freddie; 13th April 2015 at 11:11..
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 10:07   #22
ashley101
Avid contributor

2002 Conn SE 75 Tourer (Manual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Had the same problem 2 weeks back with the engine warning light flashing on.
After lots of trial and error fixes .turned out to be bad contact of the plug that
goes into the oil filter. Unplugged it 3or4 times cured the problem Also make sure the weight of the wire in the corrigated sleeve is not pulling the plug down.
Worth a try.
Thanks freddie. Should that be fuel filter though? Or is there a plug into the oil filter that I can't see?

Thanks to wesley too. The wiring to the fuel filter doesn't seem tight, but I could try supporting the weight of the sleeve with some tape? Perhaps the fuel filter is looking the most likely suspect still. That could explain why the situation seemed resolved after I'd changed it.

Does anyone think it's worth replacing the filter housing? And if the wiring to the filter is an issue, what can I do about that? Is wiring easy to replace? It seems above my skill level so is it something that could be tackled at a nano meet?
ashley101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 14:55   #23
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley101 View Post
Thanks freddie. Should that be fuel filter though? Or is there a plug into the oil filter that I can't see?

Thanks to wesley too. The wiring to the fuel filter doesn't seem tight, but I could try supporting the weight of the sleeve with some tape? Perhaps the fuel filter is looking the most likely suspect still. That could explain why the situation seemed resolved after I'd changed it.

Does anyone think it's worth replacing the filter housing? And if the wiring to the filter is an issue, what can I do about that? Is wiring easy to replace? It seems above my skill level so is it something that could be tackled at a nano meet?
Sorry yes meant fuel filter.

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 16:39   #24
wesley
Loves to post

75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley101 View Post
not yet imo. try giving the plug another good clean and making sure its pushed fully in. ive seen sevral cases where the cuase was bad contacts at that plug.
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote