Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2019, 14:37   #31
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
Choose two. It costs virtually nothing to stay - even just to poke Keith every now and then for a laugh!

SELL - Rover 75 saloon diesel (former daily, off road but on road soon)
SELL - MG ZT-T 180 - trying to get shot of this one as I hate the V6 auto.
KEEP (IF the paint is good - GREAT package, stylish all rounder) - Rover 75 diesel typhoon (off road)
KEEP - Rover 220 coupe turbo (off road but love this car)
SELL (someone will pay well for this) - Rover 620Ti (immaculate and not owned for long)

You got the winter blahs. Sell three, less insurance/month, more cash waiting!

Cheers,
Glenn
Sorry Rav, I made a mistake. I thought your Rover 75 diesel typhoon was a Tourer. Now, in view of the additional information you have shared, I'd say keep the two 75 diesels. Sell the rest. A new and "reliable" car can cost more than you realize if the real cost of everything - including depreciation - is considered. With two 75 diesels - one of which has sentimental value and will make you smile - one of them can always be on the road while keeping both roadworthy. That way, if you do get a malfunction that stops one of them, you have a spare ready. When I relied on my motorcycle for commuting, I had two older bikes always (unless I was servicing one) ready to ride in case of a dead battery or something. That cost way less than one new one - especially considering the higher insurance cost, dealer service to maintain the warranty and depreciation.

Edit: Another thought - I think Rover 75's are usually welcome at weddings. Maybe if you had someone who could be a driver of your 75 "Wedding Car" while you are snapping the pictures, it could expand your business

Sell three, take some weight off your shoulders and that alone will help you feel better.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2

Last edited by slovcan; 8th February 2019 at 14:46.. Reason: Another thought
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 14:39   #32
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Having spoken to you recently I can see your dilema. I reckon you need to keep the best one and let the rest go
I am in a similar position as you, and have to many cars to keep in good condition.

I will be keeping just 2 MG's in the future and getting rid of the rest.

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 14:57   #33
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I'm already working full time nearby as well as working on my photography.

The winter isn't the problem. I have too many cars and not enough time, space or money to manage them all. Five cars is just too much for me.

My daily shed which is my first ever 75 I've owned has been off the road for 6 months due to clutch failure (again!). I wasn't planning on putting this back on the road. My plan was to break it. My friend came over a few weeks ago and felt sorry for it and offered to put it back on the road for me for very cheap. He has now almost completed the work so it should be back on the road within the next week or two. I will drive this one for the time being to save money on fuel instead of the dreadul, overrated V6 auto which I want shot of.

I then have my Diesel saloon typhoon, one of just nine made. This was an impulse buy and has been off the road since I bought it...I would like to keep this one but then again I'd like to keep them all!

My coupe turbo I've owned since 2006. That needs quite a fair bit of work. Mostly electrical issues and cosmetically, it's not clean....Arches and sills have rotted quite badly.

My 620Ti - Mint. Nothing wrong with that at all but I fear that will go the same way as the coupe. Do I need this car? Absoultely not, but I do like it. It was a hidden gem.

My ZT-T typhoon. Looks the part but hate the V6 auto.

All I want to do is focus on my life and future and not cars. If I had it my own way and had a nice house with lots of space to keep them all, it would be nice. But, paying £45 per month for a few lockups isn't the way and also the lockups are damp which isn't helping. My coupe turbo got worse inside the lockup then out I think....

Hi Rav
Reading this has me thinking that you need a break from MGR .. Sell the lot buy something boring but reliable with space for your photography equipment (Honda Jazz etc) that will get you to the church on time .
You are of an age where you need your own space and what the MGRs are costing a month is half way to getting your own little pad.
Even if you sell your cars you can still spend time with us on the forum and share your fabulous photos and if you ever feel the need there will always be a cheap75/ZT out there for you somewhere mate.
Right I'm off to Wimborne now to offer Wes £500 for that rough old red ZT of his.
Cheers Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 15:05   #34
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

You're spread too thin Rav, work, photography, cars, you can only do so much before disappearing up your own a...hole! I wouldn't advocate getting rid of everything, I think you'd regret that, but certainly reduce the number, keep what you consider to be the best and concentrate on that or them.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 15:09   #35
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Rav I felt the same way as you a few months ago. All the problems with Bones had worn me down to breaking point, and I lost the love, I really did. When I was offered my brother's ZT it was the best thing to happen to me. Letting go of the two I had and focusing on just one car, I feel revitalized and am enjoying every minute of the ZT.

Sometimes two, let alone more is too many! Choose a nice one, even if it isn't any of what you already have, like mine wasn't, and let the rest go. You'll be amazed the weight it lifts off you!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 15:50   #36
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

How'do Rav

I'm bad enough with maintaining one car - I'd love to take on another (a 1.8t ZT-T ideally ) - being realistic tho, at the moment I barely have time for the 75 I own - I have a Transit pick-up i drive for work, so the 75 is no longer a "daily driver" - which winds me up I don't like to see my Car just sitting there not getting used (especially now she is running/driving better than ever) I do make a point of getting her out for a Good run at the weekend tho

I'd advise a bit of compromise - One well maintained Car is worth more than a handful of "Projects"

maybe even consider getting a bit more Hands On - it's a Great way to reignite your enthusiasm

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 15:55   #37
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Thanks for the replies. People say keep the best one(S). But, what does this mean? The ones that are in the best condition? Or, my favourites? My coupe is my favourite but it’s a dive. It needs a lot of work and money spent on it that I don’t have and can’t do myself. It’s been off the road now for 7 years....
Will it ever see the road again? I hope so...but I said that after the first year, then the second year, then third.....nothing’s changed...

For me, reliability is a must now. My daily shed hasn’t been the most reliable car I’ve owned but always put a smile on my face but I need to think with my head now and not my heart. My heart will always say keep it and the others but that’s not the right decision.....

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 16:54   #38
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I still have my first car tucked away in the garage, like you with your coupe I don't realistically think it will see the road again. it has so many memories - I've owned it since 1990 and my late dad taught me to drive in it, just lately, I have been thinking that maybe the sensible thing to do is sell it and all the spare parts and do something with the money NOW. The car will sit in there until I die otherwise, and that serves no purpose for me or it. If you know you can't fix the coupe for sure, then cross it off the possible list and look at the others.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 17:12   #39
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

This has been sat in my neighbours garage ( He lets me use it to store my car) since I put it there in 2009 when it needed a small amount of welding to the outriggers. ( Vitesse based). Don't think it will see the road again under my ownership

[IMG][/IMG]

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 18:13   #40
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Procrastination is the mother of all disasters.---

( Just made that up. Lol. )
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote