Notices

Old 17th May 2018, 13:50   #139471
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Afternoon everyone, been back to hospital this morning told to rest (that’s going to happen when moving house next week!)
I know the feeling Andy! Been off two days after a severe reaction to Tramadol, startting to feel,better now, but its the amount of work Im behind with now , thats the problem. Ne of the pitfalls of self employment, if I dont do the work, no one else to do it for me.
Old 18th May 2018, 06:26   #139472
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I know the feeling Andy! Been off two days after a severe reaction to Tramadol, startting to feel,better now, but its the amount of work Im behind with now , thats the problem. Ne of the pitfalls of self employment, if I dont do the work, no one else to do it for me.
Good morning Richard, this is great news that you are getting back on track with things. Wishing you the best with your health. Tramadol is known for causing serious unpleasant side-effects even though it’s a powerful pain killer. Personally I am allergic to the drug and I am not allowed to have it.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 06:30   #139473
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good morning all it’s currently 17C here and 25C is forecast with a 10% chance of rain. We had a lovely day out yesterday with the newlyweds and the Elephants, the Giraffes. This morning they are flying off up north on safari on their honeymoon. Thanks Bob for your good wishes to them
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 06:49   #139474
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Good morning all from cloudy Cornwall. Essex bound today but back next week.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 09:05   #139475
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning to all of those, like me, who got the security warning - but logged in anyway
Sunny this morning, and at last the temperatures have lifted a little - we might even make double figures today.
Went round and checked all my tyre pressures yesterday - just had two new ones on the back, and you never know what tyre fitters are going to inflate them to. I thought I'd better check the emergency/skinny spare wheel - I didn't realise a lot of those things are supposed to be inflated to 60 psi
By the time I got it up that level, my little 12v air compressor was red hot and on the verge of giving up the ghost

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 09:10   #139476
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, logging on at work as I have zero reception at our new house, it’s going to be weeks until the WiFi is hooked up too.

The joys of living in the countryside!!
Old 18th May 2018, 09:27   #139477
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning, this security thing is a PITA! Not great this morning. Had an accident in the garden yesterday. There are two old hydrangeas that Ging has given the death sentence. They are absolutely solid in the ground, been using a pick axe to try to get under the roots and break them. Swung the pick under one yesterday evening, pulled hard in the pick, I mean really hard, several times to break the roots then rather than the roots slowly breaking as they had done before they just suddenly gave way. I landed flat on my back, thankfully missing the gravel path edging stones. With much cursing I got to my feet, nippy scrapes everywhere and think I've basically got whiplash due to the way I went down (like a telegraph pole!), dull headache and sore muscles between my shoulders and neck.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 09:52   #139478
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Richard, this is great news that you are getting back on track with things. Wishing you the best with your health. Tramadol is known for causing serious unpleasant side-effects even though it’s a powerful pain killer. Personally I am allergic to the drug and I am not allowed to have it.
It certainly knocked hell out of me Phil and the doc noted on my records not to give it to me.

Last edited by RPWC; 19th May 2018 at 21:49..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 10:23   #139479
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
It certainly knocked hell out of me Phil and the doc noted on my records not to give it to me.
I think there'll be a lot of people with a similar note on their records Rich. I know a number of people who have been prescribed Tramadol, including SWMBO, often for back pain and/or sciatica. I don't know ANYONE who hasn't suffered from severe side effects - a very nasty drug imho.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 10:23   #139480
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Morning, this security thing is a PITA!
Presumably you refer to this site's security certification? I encountered this warning before login a little while ago. I encountered another problem with PlusNet yesterday, tried to apply twice to give it my ISP business and all went ok the 1st time until I pressed continue near completion and ... Zilch! Application disappeared and a fresh start page replaced it.

Tried again and got right to the very end when PlusNet asked me for my bank card's nickname???? I lol at the thought of it so that is what I entered with a question mark ... lol? Application then terminated immediately with "We have encountered a problem."

Was I boverred? Was I heckaslike ... exterminate! exterminate! lol?.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote