Notices

Old 21st September 2015, 16:55   #11
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
I am thinking of going back to win 7, how to would be helpful.Would I loose any photos I put in while on win10.
After the month 'free' trial expires, I guess the only way to revert back to Win7 would be via a fresh install, preferably using a blanked drive. Not a simple job if you don't have the installer disc. MS are being a bit draconian about this I feel. It took me more than 31 days to decide to stick or pass. Obviously if you have lots of photos and stuff you must keep, then I'd suggest you back up all these files to another drive or to DVD just to be sure. If you don't do it this way, the old/unused Win10 files will stay on the drive I guess. That means lots of clutter and fragmentation. This is what I did with my laptop Win10 trial, but there wasn't anything important kept on it.

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 21st September 2015 at 17:00..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 17:13   #12
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
This is the procedure to go back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, as advised to me.

Please note the following: This process is only available for 31 days after the initial installation of Windows 10.

1a) Go to PC Settings>Update & Recovery>Recovery>”Go back…”.
1b) Windows recovery environment (WinRE)>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>See more recovery options>Go back to the previous build.

2) Click "Get started". You will then be asked to give feedback on why you are uninstalling. Choose one reason and click "Next".

3) In "What you need to know", read the information provided. You will be reminded that you will require your original login password once "Go Back" is completed. This is only particularly prevalent if you are using Windows 7 SP1 which required a local account rather than your Microsoft account. Click "Next".

4) This is the last point of cancellation, if you wish to cancel the downgrade, click "Cancel", otherwise click "Go back to previous build".

When the process is completed, you will be booted into your previous version of Windows environment.
PROBLEM :- No idea what my login password is.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 05:13   #13
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
PROBLEM :- No idea what my login password is.
PASSWORDS
10 years ago I came home from pub and decided to encrypt all my files,
I still could not access them 10 years on so deleted the 10 gigs worth and broke the dvd`s in half.
A warning, don`t make any passwords after a couple of drinks
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 13:42   #14
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
This is the procedure to go back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, as advised to me.

Please note the following: This process is only available for 31 days after the initial installation of Windows 10.

1a) Go to PC Settings>Update & Recovery>Recovery>”Go back…”.
1b) Windows recovery environment (WinRE)>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>See more recovery options>Go back to the previous build.

2) Click "Get started". You will then be asked to give feedback on why you are uninstalling. Choose one reason and click "Next".

3) In "What you need to know", read the information provided. You will be reminded that you will require your original login password once "Go Back" is completed. This is only particularly prevalent if you are using Windows 7 SP1 which required a local account rather than your Microsoft account. Click "Next".

4) This is the last point of cancellation, if you wish to cancel the downgrade, click "Cancel", otherwise click "Go back to previous build".

When the process is completed, you will be booted into your previous version of Windows environment.
My g/son got me back to win 7,settings -restore-go back to win 7, he thinks password not needed as i did not use password when upgrading to win 10.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote