Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th October 2022, 11:02   #1
Teddydog

Rover 75 Tourer (23600 miles)

Default Rover 75 Tourer more water ingress

Recently my sunroof drains have been modified because of massive water flooding to the inside of my Rover 75 tourer however after doing this there was still some water ingress on the drivers side. After some investigation I found the problem to be water seeping through the stud/plug near the windscreen wiper, there are 6 of them in total.

The problem appears to be a bad design issue of the plastic trim under the front windscreen. When it is raining a puddle of water collects in each far corner this puddle of water is raised up to about halfway over this stud/plug. Water was then able to drip through to the inside.

I have temporarily solved the problem by removing the stud/plug and smearing Vaseline underneath it.

I am thinking about a modification, I could drill a small hole in the corner of the plastic which is beneath the windscreen to allow this water to drain before it could get as high as the stud/plug, I think it would just drain to the plenum chamber.

Has anyone done this before and does this modification sound reasonable? I didn’t want to use silicone underneath them because doing this might make it difficult to remove them in the future.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c16ptp71m8...45213.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s14dv7t3y...07672.jpg?dl=0

Last edited by Teddydog; 28th October 2022 at 11:22.. Reason: photos
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2022, 11:52   #2
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Hi John,
The source of the leak could possibly be the female part of the clip which is located in the bodyshell, have a look here:

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001775

the scuttle retaining clip is item 7 (the one you think requires sealing) and the retainer for the clip is part 8, the foam seal around this is known to deteriorate over time allowing water to enter the cabin, you need to remove the scuttle trim panel (part 1) and seal around the outer edge of the seven 'clip-snap-sack' (part 8)
Regards,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2022, 16:26   #3
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
Hi John,
The source of the leak could possibly be the female part of the clip which is located in the bodyshell, have a look here:

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001775

the scuttle retaining clip is item 7 (the one you think requires sealing) and the retainer for the clip is part 8, the foam seal around this is known to deteriorate over time allowing water to enter the cabin, you need to remove the scuttle trim panel (part 1) and seal around the outer edge of the seven 'clip-snap-sack' (part 8)
Regards,

Steve
I think member Arctic has done a How-to on this, just search it out, just DON'T drill anything, little silicone around item 8 and resit, job done.
grivas is online now   Reply With Quote