Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th June 2009, 12:48   #41
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Ken just go for it, my parents got a motorhome just after they retired and I can honestly say that they had a wonderful time exploring all the places they had dreamed of going to for years.

Left them with many happy memories of all the places they visited long after the motorhome was sold.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 16:55   #42
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Really small!!! Dad went at 60 (1977) was a little stocky Glaswegian with glasses. You might have met him. Everyone called him -Jock- of course. Which he didn´t mind as his name was John.
Drove the trolleys.... the lot. Was -rush conductor- which meant all sorts of jobs. Used the Triangle alot and was -part of the furniture- at Mallard Road. Always had his camera ready.

I also used the skid pan i 74. Did my licence from Potters Bar garage and ended up driving 24s, 3s, and 31s from Chalk Farm (Harmood street)

Get your van and have a real nice time If you don´t do it know when are you supposed to If you get the urge later, take the missus and come over on Ryan Air to Skavsta (Stockholm) and you can spend i long weekend with us. (I´ll pick you up in the Rover -they are quite nice cars!-) Sweden is a lovey country. All the Best Alan

Thanks Alan :lol:

We were invited up to the skid pan as a few of us had done well in the driver of the year competition, from there we went to Sheffield to have a go at the first bendys in England. Skid pan was great but the bendy's were dreadful to drive and the back tended not to follow the front. They were improved a lot prior to going into service on the road.

I had to go to Mallard road about half a dozen times to pick up the yellow loan buses and take them to Southampton. They were good buses but the first one out of Southampton on service hit a low bridge as the duty inspector had forgotten we used Bristol Lodekka's on that route and the yellow buses were a foot higher The driver was done for it and left the company soon after and no it wasn't me :lol:

Cheers :lol:

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 16:57   #43
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
Ken just go for it, my parents got a motorhome just after they retired and I can honestly say that they had a wonderful time exploring all the places they had dreamed of going to for years.

Left them with many happy memories of all the places they visited long after the motorhome was sold.

Russ
Thats what gave me the idea as my parents did the same thing as yours. They seemed to get a new lease of life when they had theirs.

Cheers Russ :lol:

Ken
Old 8th June 2009, 17:31   #44
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

You could do the entire round britain rally if you borrowed a 75 and save Yellow Peril some sleepless nights !

" he who dares Rodders ", go for it, its not that big a country that you couldnt change plans if something happened as you needed to get home.

Could also consider towing a small car behind on one of them metal bar thingys, gives you some easier to park transport if staying in one place for a few days and popping into the local town. Friend of mine does this and has a Fiat Cinqecento in yellow following on

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 18:07   #45
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
You could do the entire round britain rally if you borrowed a 75 and save Yellow Peril some sleepless nights !

" he who dares Rodders ", go for it, its not that big a country that you couldnt change plans if something happened as you needed to get home.

Could also consider towing a small car behind on one of them metal bar thingys, gives you some easier to park transport if staying in one place for a few days and popping into the local town. Friend of mine does this and has a Fiat Cinqecento in yellow following on
I did think of that but decided to keep it simple and catch the bus. Its going to be a laid back trip and will be taking things slowly and if there are no buses there are no buses. We intend to totally chill out and take things as they come having a car means it has to be bought, mot, fuel, tax and the buses are free :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion though, its appreciated :lol:

Regards

Ken
Old 12th June 2009, 11:14   #46
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Go enjoy yourselves as many said, and make lots of pictures. Ther are lots of nice places in your country, and if this is not enough, France is not that far :lol:!
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 13:09   #47
Simon
Banned

-

Ken, you are quite mad So on those grounds - the idea is brilliant. :lol:

Just do it. You know you want to and you have already weighed up the pro's and con's by the sounds of things so the only thing left to do now is find a suitable camper van
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 18:05   #48
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

...or even Hire one, but most probably cheaper to buy.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 18:56   #49
Christopher
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 V6 Copperleaf Red, MG ZTT 190+ Lagoon & Early MGF

Go for it Ken!!!

in banana veritas
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 18:58   #50
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

You could lend him the MGF on a trailer for driving around, once at a location.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote