Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd July 2009, 13:58   #1
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Exclamation Would you like to buy this VIP ZTT CDTi? **SOLD**

Stop press.... Deposit taken today - another owners is now for sale in post 33

Right...following three wonderful years of ownership I am finally considering a change...no reason really other than I fancy something else, but please note I will be on holiday until the 30th July.

I will be open to the best offer before it gets traded in few weeks time...the car has been loved and cherished so I would of course prefer it to go to an enthusiast, someone who appreciates its history.

Some of you are aware that it is a Late 2004 ZTT CDTi 135+ Manual gearbox (around 165 -170 BHP) which previously belonged to a very senior member of the staff at MG Rover, namely...John Thomas Tweedy, he was 'Head of new product development' then 'Head of overseas Development'. and he has written to me to confirm that this ZTT was a build commisioned by him to his own specification hence the spec list is more like an SE.

Im not sure what to say other than it has been meticulously maintained, with oil changes every 5000 miles...plus I do tend to get a bit carried away with valeting so you will find the back of the alloys gets polished as much as the front. Performance is astonishing for a deisel as is the fuel economy.

Here is the spec list over and above the standard car as best as I can remember....

Full leather trim, self dipping mirror, trip computer, automatic wipers, cruise control, full size spare wheel, xenon headlamps, climate control, twin tone horns, Integral bluetooth.

plus the following tastefull and essential improvements...

IPOD interface, JVC stereo, TU3b tuning module, EGR bypass, Air intake mod, wastegate spring, 190 brake upgrade (bigger front discs, vented rear discs and bigger calipers all round) roof rails, plus all the little improvements like cable ties on the AC hose and bonnet catch mod....oh and it has a genuine MGR concealed tow bar with twin electrics which is discretely tucked up under the bumper.

The car has covered 88k almost all of those on the motorway, everything works wonderfully, the car still look fantastic with hardly any marks to the bodywork and of course still drives like new.

EDIT The car will also come with a full 12 month MOT, Some Tax, some servicing items, and the original stereo/cd autochanger, and a set of brand new MG Rover sales brochures of the full MGR line up including the anniversary brochures.

Plus A brand new genuine exhaust sytem as purchased from SMC

PRICE ? Im going to be bold here and say that I would like £4000 for my little piece of motoring history, any less than that and I'd rather keep her.

I have loved every moment of owning and driving my motoring legend, now its your opportunity to do the same.

Please PM me if you would like to see the car or see more pictures or make an offer.

Kind Regards.
Jamie

Image014.jpg

Image016.jpg

side v2.JPG

Copy of PICT0528.JPG

Last edited by Jamie; 19th August 2009 at 18:37..
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:11   #2
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Some extra photos...last one is the ZTT flying the emmision test at the MOT centre on Saturday!

The Average MPG thats from commuting up the motorway and you can see the trip mileage and the remaining fuel on that tank full...average tank range is around 570 - 600 miles.

DSC00483.JPG

DSC00485.JPG

DSC00489.JPG

DSC00490.JPG

Last edited by Jamie; 13th August 2009 at 20:08..
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:15   #3
Simon
Banned

-

Best of luck with your sale Jamie, I know you've spent a lot of time and effort on this car so mechanically it's as sound as anything out there!

What are you thinking of getting in replacement?
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:00   #4
tapped
Gets stuck in

Ex-75 1.8T, 2.5V6 and CDT + ZT 190 & V8!

you have PM
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:39   #5
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped View Post
you have PM
So I do...thanks. J
Old 22nd July 2009, 18:44   #6
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Best of luck with your sale Jamie, I know you've spent a lot of time and effort on this car so mechanically it's as sound as anything out there!

What are you thinking of getting in replacement?
Thanks Simon....I have spent a great deal of time keeping it in tip top condition...I still love the car but its time for a change.

I havent decided on a replacement yet...I had a stroll around Fords of winsford but nothing took my fancy... I am going to try and find a workhorse this time and save some cash for a project.

I have always fancied the idea of a ZT 190 or ZS track car....the MG mag have been working on a 200bhp ZS recently which Tiff Needell described as the best handling saloon he'd ever driven...now that sounds tempting.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:55   #7
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Thumbs up

Hi Folks,

Just a quick nudge....Back off my holiday today so I will be trading the ZTT in the next couple of weeks, maybe sooner if I find a suitable replacement, so If anyone would like to make an offer I would be happy to hear from you.

Cheers
Old 31st July 2009, 11:48   #8
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Jamie

What's the mileage, nothing in your first post..

Stubs
Old 31st July 2009, 12:13   #9
BlackMagic
Loves to post

Used to have: MG ZT 190 SE+

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Jamie

What's the mileage, nothing in your first post..

Stubs
"The car has covered 88k almost all of those on the motorway, everything works wonderfully, the car still look fantastic with hardly any marks to the bodywork and of course still drives like new".
Old 31st July 2009, 12:27   #10
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Jamie

I know how much love and attention you have cherished on that car, I can't help but feeling, you'll regret selling it........that's so much car for not much money...(even if it is a diesel)
Closed Thread