Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd April 2024, 13:09   #1
tony2021

MG ZT 190+

Default MG ZT 190+ with issues

This is a well loved MG-ZT 190+ which I have owned since buying it off the Longbridge production line in Feb 2004 (see photos). It has been fully maintained since then with no known "rot" issues. However, I recently drove it into a flood with the result that it now has an engine problem. The engine has been checked by a mobile mechanic and there is a consistent misfire on cylinder No.3 suggesting damage to the piston rod due to hydrostatic pressure. The inlet manifold also needs cleaning out. Otherwise, the paintwork on the roof, bonnet and boot lid is also showing its age with the lacquer layer deteriorating; the belts were last renewed in March 2021; the brake discs and pads were replaced two years ago, including the rear back plate and handbrake. A new aircon compressor was fitted in 2021. The radio has been replaced with a DAB radio and handsfree telephony.

I have looked into fixing the issues, but find it difficult to justify to myself the cost of having it repaired. Others may think differently, especially if they have access to workshop facilities.

The car is located in Darlington and would need to be collected and towed. I am willing to consider a low offer from someone who wants to restore the car to full health.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240112_133144.jpg (140.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 20240112_133157.jpg (143.9 KB, 51 views)
tony2021 is offline   Reply With Quote