Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th June 2018, 14:35   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Another one saved! My new daily - ZT-T 190 SE

Meet Big Mo! Another one saved from going to the scrappy!

Just purchased another MG, this time a lovely MKII ZT-T 190 SE in PBT which hopefully all going well is going to be my new daily, replacing my Typhoon ZT. This one had been sat for around 18 months about 5 mins from me and was pointed out to me by a local customer some time back. Went to have a look at it a couple weeks ago and found it was a MKII 190 SE no. 55 of only 89. Has almost every option fitted:

Full black leather heated electric memory seats
Cruise Control
Traction Control
Sunroof
Highline Satnav + shark fin aerial
Xenon headlights
powerfold mirrors
Rain Sensor Wipers
Autodimming Mirror
Highline IPK cluster
Headlamp Washers
Detachable Tow bar
Has the v8 splitter thing under the front bumper
Stainless back box (makes a lovely sound!)
Not sure if it has some sort of sports suspension as it seems to sit slightly lower than other tourers I've seen.

The only thing it's missing is the harman kardon sound system which is a shame as I was hoping it would have that but never mind. + it has 11 spoke wheels rather than Apex's, but a bonus is the 11 spokes have been freshly refurbished (powder coated).

Popped round today to see if I could get it started and moving, as I'm having it recovered hopefully later this week. Battery was completely dead so swapped that with a fully charged one and amazingly it fired up on first turn of the key for the first time in at least 18 months. It was a little lumpy at first (fuel being so old and also it was very low on fuel), so put in some fresh fuel started it up again and it ran perfectly smoothly. Not even any tapping noises from the engine. Well chuffed!

Took it out for a little spin around the block and I have to say it drives extremely well, can't tell if the vis motors are ok yet but felt like it had some good poke. Brakes feel okish, will need to clean up the discs properly to see if they'll start working properly as they're covered in rust.

There's a few issues with it, all which can be sorted
- the bonnet is damaged, the car was backed onto (quite literally) by a 4x4 previously damaging the bonnet. A replacement black bonnet is included. The owner tried fitting it some time back but apparently the front end is pushed back slightly as the new bonnet wouldn't fit properly. Will have to look into that. The slam panel looks straight, will have to get the bumper off to look into that further. Worse case it'll need a replacement slam panel.
- driver's side front wing is damaged and needs replacing
- there are dents in the doors (small carpark dents) which will need to be taken out
- rear bumper has some damage in a couple places so will need replacing
- been told the aircon condenser has a major leak, so aircon doesn't work. So condenser will need to be replaced.
- I've been told one of the exhaust down pipes is cracked, i believe it's the front one as when I started it up some fumes came up from the front of the engine. Some time back one of the engine mounts failed (I would assume it was the top one) and the engine dropped which caused the damage to the exhaust. The engine mount was replaced, but the damage to the exhaust wasn't noticed until later.
- The sunroof doesn't work, would either be the fuse or probably more likely the motor. Apparently the sunroof worked before the car was parked up so for some reason it's died whilst it's been sitting there.
- The passenger side powerfold mirror is struggling, it jams when opening out unless I help it to open.
- The switch panel for the driver's electric seat has a broken mount.
- the car generally is extremely dirty and in need of a thorough clean due to being parked up for so long, engine bay is a mess but interior is pretty clean. Boot is spotless.
- headlights need a refurb.. I wonder who can sort that out for me

The car comes with some decent history, here's some of the key things I have in the history:
- 17/03/2011 - new front to rear brake pipes fitted
- 07/10/2011 - new battery
- 31/07/2012 - LUK master, LUK slave and Sachs Clutch Kit fitted
- 20/04/2013 - replaced ignition coil
- 04/09/2013 - new engine mount
- 04/02/2014 - Clutch, master and slave replaced again!
- 01/07/2015 - Steering Rack O/S Tie Rod and Gater Replaced

Sadly no receipts for belt replacement so will have to get that done along with the water pump and thermostat just to be safe.

Also came with the price list and options catalogue from 2004.

This will go in the garage for now as I will need to finish and sell my last project car which is the mki royal blue 75 connoisseur SE v6 auto which I saved from a scrappy a couple years back but haven't had the chance to quite finish yet. Once I've finished that one and sold it I'll be getting this tourer sorted and on the road. Can't wait I have a lot of plans for this one.

Here's some pics:

How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 25th June 2018 at 14:40..
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 15:03   #2
Nev The Bear
This is my second home

Does not matter

Thanked 1,575 Times in 987 Posts

Even though you have not starting working on the ZT-T yet, it still looks good in the photos.

Was it previously owned by a club member as I seen the owners club sticker in the rear window?

It is good you have saved another car and it will look stunning once you have finished the working on the ZT-T.
Nev The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 15:08   #3
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev The Bear View Post
Even though you have not starting working on the ZT-T yet, it still looks good in the photos.

Was it previously owned by a club member as I seen the owners club sticker in the rear window?

It is good you have saved another car and it will look stunning once you have finished the working on the ZT-T.
Cheers Clyde It doesn't look too bad, bodywork is quite rough so will need a good clean and detailing. Can't say if the paintwork is clean or covered in scratches until I've washed it, there are swirl marks which I can see so will need to get them out. I should have taken a photo of the engine bay, looks like something out of a horror movie covered in cob webs lol.

At some point it belong to someone on here, not the guy I've bought it from but maybe the previous owner or the one before that. 2 owners ago it belong to a guy called Matt based in Dagenham.
Old 25th June 2018, 15:08   #4
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Pretty sweet! Don't tell my other half but I've spotted a late ZTT 160 that is Sorn'd locally but still has MOT seriously considering it...
Old 25th June 2018, 16:07   #5
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
Pretty sweet! Don't tell my other half but I've spotted a late ZTT 160 that is Sorn'd locally but still has MOT seriously considering it...
Sneak it onto the driveway... she might not notice
Old 25th June 2018, 16:25   #6
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

What's the build date? Also, is it the semi-skimmed road tax or the full fat £535?

A lot of work by the looks of it but as a daily you can do it as you roll. So long as no disasters you should still be able to say the money is invested, not spent.

You can check the VIS motors via ODBCII. Hopefully no other error codes? Has the handbrake and fan resistor been done as that will also save some cost.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 17:12   #7
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
What's the build date? Also, is it the semi-skimmed road tax or the full fat £535?

A lot of work by the looks of it but as a daily you can do it as you roll. So long as no disasters you should still be able to say the money is invested, not spent.

You can check the VIS motors via ODBCII. Hopefully no other error codes? Has the handbrake and fan resistor been done as that will also save some cost.
build date is 6th October 2004. Being a 55 plate it's £305 road theft rather than the £500 luckily.

Is that using one of those vis motor testers that plug into the obd port?

Low speed on the fan works, as i tested it to make sure the engine running temp was ok and to check the fan kicks in at the right time. The handbrake works but is a little high so I'll just adjust that for now, got away with just adjusting the handbrake at the rear on 3 of our cars so far
Old 25th June 2018, 17:54   #8
grs6680
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190

how did you find the build date I've tried the site to look at mine but get on??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
grs6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 18:07   #9
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs6680 View Post
how did you find the build date I've tried the site to look at mine but get on??

build data is available here: http://www.mg-rover.info/get_info.htm?

Just enter your vin
Old 25th June 2018, 18:11   #10
grs6680
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190

it says it shutdown or I'm I thick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
build data is available here: http://www.mg-rover.info/get_info.htm?

Just enter your vin
grs6680 is offline   Reply With Quote