Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd October 2019, 12:35   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

When I built my large shed with a slab floor I used this, wait for it sprayable shed & fence treatment, Deco Style dark oak from Aldi.

We were doing the fence at the time, and I decided that a wall that had been painted long ago and was a nasty colour I tried it on there, it turned out great it seems to be water proof also, so I thought why not try it on the shed floor which I did and it as took some stick, trolley jacks pulled over, carb clear sprayed on it, lots of foot fall etc, it is due another quick tidying up as it as splashes of paint etc on it now, at the time I thought I have nothing to lose, so if anyone wants to try it please do so takes at least 48hours to dry though.

I applied it with a soft yard brush only took about 15 minutes, all I can say it worked for me, I think you can get different colours grey, green, light oak, dark oak, it as been on the floor for at least 7 months now, just thought I would mention it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC12483.jpg (144.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12485.jpg (122.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12486.jpg (132.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg SDC12488.jpg (134.5 KB, 70 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2019, 09:45   #12
BigJohn
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

I had my double garage floor two pack epoxy resin painted four years ago. The floor was new, about six months old and had only taken footfall it was a standard finish concrete floor. To date I have been really pleased with the finish which has only chipped in a couple of places where I have dropped logs when unloading from a pallet, I have experienced no flaking or lifting. I'd dread the thought of having to empty the garage now to re-do it as the amount of toot that builds up is frightening
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 00:30   #13
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I did the same as BigJohn. I had the floor of my new garage professionally coated with epoxy and the stuff is wonderful. I have even dropped a jackstand on the floor without any damage. I understand it is critical that there be no oil in the concrete for good results though.
I would worry about spilled fluids getting under an interlocking floor and getting stinky.
Here in Canada back in the day (1950-1960's) service stations used a red garage floor paint, and many of them would repaint the floor every weekend to keep the shops looking spic and span.
I did work for an MG restoration shop back in the 80's with a painted floor, complete with a large MG logo. It looked great. The boss painted it every year. He wasn't into Christmas and would spend the holiday repainting the floor. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Old 5th October 2019, 08:34   #14
MWMan
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I would worry about spilled fluids getting under an interlocking floor and getting stinky.
:
This has worried me as well. However, the closeness of the fit (they are any interference fit and have to be hammered together) on the interlocking of the tiles would significantly reduce the risk of anything getting through. Plus, over the years I dont think I have had too many fluid spills in the garage, so the risk is small.
MWMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 08:52   #15
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWMan View Post
This has worried me as well. However, the closeness of the fit (they are any interference fit and have to be hammered together) on the interlocking of the tiles would significantly reduce the risk of anything getting through. Plus, over the years I dont think I have had too many fluid spills in the garage, so the risk is small.
That sounds like the same type of fit as my mates garage (hammering the tiles together), and I can confirm, having spilt a mug of tea on it, that it doesn't seep through.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 09:16   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

just a thought, will the floor need protecting from axle stands or jacks? Not a big problem, just lay some wood under axle stand of jack.

Floor looks good

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 11:17   #17
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Im in the fortunate position of building a new bungalow at the minute and our site is big enough to build my dream garage, going for a steel clad 8 x 12m structure which will give me loads of space to store and work on cars. Been wondering what to put on the floor, what ever it is will be expensive at 96 square metres. Had initially thought about just sealing it with PVA and maybe painting it at a later date. I'll let the concrete base dry well before considering any coating thoughh. Due to be all completed next June, cant wait!
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 15:41   #18
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

I was thinking of laying an epoxy floor down in my garage but I need to run a grinder over it first to get rid of the very poorly done tamped finish. Shouldn't take too long but it's a messy job.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 18:19   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Im in the fortunate position of building a new bungalow at the minute and our site is big enough to build my dream garage, going for a steel clad 8 x 12m structure which will give me loads of space to store and work on cars. Been wondering what to put on the floor, what ever it is will be expensive at 96 square metres. Had initially thought about just sealing it with PVA and maybe painting it at a later date. I'll let the concrete base dry well before considering any coating thoughh. Due to be all completed next June, cant wait!
have you considered adding a pit or a proper lift?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2019, 11:53   #20
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
have you considered adding a pit or a proper lift?

macafee2
Yep, 2 post lift planned, 4.4 metre ridge height to allow for this.
Its my ideal work space that Ive wanted for years. Our current single garage, like most peoples is fit to burst. Along with my Mini there's a motorbike and all the usual detritus. This will allow for the storage aspect, working area around ramps and a place where I can bring another car inside in order to polish /detail it.
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote