Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th February 2017, 17:19   #21
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Any body on here fitted a Nav Star, I am hearing some sob stories with it, basically are you happy with it.

Rev
And to think all I had asked a simple question and it provoked a slanging match.

Sorry people was not my intention.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 17:26   #22
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I have read the whole of your post, I just dont want members thinking they need to treat this topic as a Sean and Jeff appraisal.

I have seen way to many posts on this forum where members are asking about the Navall product, or threads get started due to members having problems with the unit, and then all hell breaks loose as it turns into a Sean and Jeff fan club debate.

I have had my issues with them, Sean especially has always been very good in terms of how he has responded to my issues

Lets just stay with the product for now, and allow members to comment positively or negatively with their views, no one should be made to feel alienated.

Agreed - BUT you can't compare something 100 people have fitted for a few weeks with the experiences of maybe 1000 people who've had them fitted for a couple of years can you.

How very wrong can one be, lets get the facts straight shall we.

Firstly, I am NOT slating any trader, why do you feel the need to steer this thread in that direction, why do folk do this? please just read the written word.

I myself have worked in retail for over 25 years, and I have dealt with many suppliers in USA, China and Japan, there is not much I don't know about being a trader.

Good for you, doesn't automatically mean you're good at it

I originally posted to politely point out that Jeff's post is somewhat biased towards the product, I dont need you or anyone to turn this into something its not. I see this happen one too many times on here when all the member is asking... is for help.

Geoff is a member, you don't like him but he can still have an opinion

Also, there is NO NEED to bring up the cheaper double dins in this thread, I certainly haven't, so why have you?

I am entitled to an opinion as well

But! as you carelessly have mentioned the £25 double din, lets just get the facts straight first. The RunGrace unit is made by Huizhou Ruili Technologies who are a global manufacturer and provider of OEM automotive electronics, their own brand is RunGrace. These units are readily available as generic non branded and also known as other China branded manufactures. Just for the record, Sean (Radoiguy) has the very same generic DD as the RunGrace unit branded as Navall on his website priced £180 running android 4.4. This is how the China electronics operation works regarding suppliers and manufactures selling these types of goods on this massive global scale worldwide.

The RunGrace units do not cost £25, this was a promotional selling price as a flash sale promotion, the price is now the usually recommended retail price which is £150 to £200, this can be seen on the LITB website, or take a look on ebay, or perform a google search, things may then become more clear for you.

The RunGrace model unit is at least 2 years old as its running android 4.2, the quality of the unit is exceptional. I suggest you go on the xda developers website and read up on the spec and performance.

The other cheaper DD you may have gotten confused with, is the non branded deckless model which was released back in early 2016. These units started out at £30, I came across these back in April 2016 and many members here jumped on-board. These units are now nearly one year old and I dont think any member here has had any faults with the product.

I hope that has cleared matters up for you, it would be nice to keep things on topic and not steer the thread into something its not. There is certainly no need for members to fallout, members must feel they are equal and not be bullied for speaking out.

All that's fine BUT you have no idea whether if 1000 people buy them 50 people will then have issues - and people with issues moan tend to about them - and in this case YOU might be the one in the firing line because you said they were great even though it has absolutely nothing to do with you

Much appreciated for your understanding.
Face/bothered

SaveSave
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 17:48   #23
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Jeff is perfectly at liberty to post within this thread as any other.
Hi Pete, What are the club rules for situations such as this, trader or member when selling goods? You are certainly not going to get a trader to speak negatively about their product when asked are you? If we listen to all the threads that get frequently posted about unhappy members having frequent problems with their Navall product, where does the club stand on consumer rights, and what help is offered if this sort of behaviour becomes excessively unacceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I do not receive any money for doing that. The company I work (Clacton Electronics Ltd) for make a nominal fee for it.

So yes, indirectly that has an effect as if our company doesn't make money I'm made unemployed .....but I wouldn't let that worry you

I never said you shouldn't comment on here.......You posted that I shouldn't......So I can't comment as I have a vested interest but it's okay for you to do so even though you don't own said product or have any intention of ever purchasing one.........Carry on though.

P.s. Private messages/emails are just that.......PRIVATE.
I have made you and others aware of this before, yes I have owned a Navall which was purchased secondhand from an ebay seller. The unit did not work properly from day one, this was most probably why the seller was getting rid, it showed all the signs of what members here frequently post about.

I see so many threads that get started about members having problems with the product, but I re-frame from typing any negative comments. Instead I have given advice on trying to help the member solve the issue as many of these generic DD's run the same or similar software, even something simple as the car's harness I have helped. I have always tried to be helpful where I can, always professional and not once have I posted/slated the product.

Its has been quite the opposite where Sean and yourself have posted negative comments about my threads where other members who have chosen not to buy a Navall product get slated for buying the same type generic unit all but being a universal model.

I get tired of the same spill each time where the fan club hit the forum and don't help the situation, they are completely oblivious to the OP's call for help regarding their Navall product, this happens on so many treads/topics.

Last edited by Dallas; 8th February 2017 at 18:04..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 18:02   #24
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Hi Pete, What are the club rules for situations such as this, trader or member when selling goods? You are certainly not going to get a trader to speak negatively about their product when asked are you?

I have made you and others aware of this before, yes I have owned a Navall which was purchased secondhand from an ebay seller. The unit did not work properly from day one, this was most probably why the seller was getting rid, it showed all the signs of what members here frequently post about.

I see so many threads that get started about members having problems with the product, but I re-frame from typing any negative comments. Instead I have given advice on trying to help the member solve the issue as many of these generic DD's run the same or similar software, even something simple as the car's harness I have helped. I have always tried to be helpful where I can, always professional and not once have I posted/slated the product.

Its has been quite the opposite where Sean and yourself have posted negative comments about my threads where other members who have chosen not to buy a Navall product get slated for buying the same type generic unit all but being a universal model.

I get tired of the same spill each time where the fan club hit the forum and don't help the situation, they are completely oblivious to the OP's call for help regarding their Navall product, this happens on so many treads/topics.
Obviously I spend hours each day avoiding helping peeps on here!

How dare you suggest that to be the case
Old 8th February 2017, 18:08   #25
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Obviously I spend hours each day avoiding helping peeps on here!

How dare you suggest that to be the case
WHAT? I have NOT suggest that at all, please highlight the text and I will delete.

This is your approach to everything isn't it? taking everything out of context.
Old 8th February 2017, 18:21   #26
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:

they are completely oblivious to the OP's call for help regarding their Navall product, this happens on so many treads/topics.
this might read like that to be honest
Old 8th February 2017, 18:23   #27
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Read it again.

Quote:
Old 8th February 2017, 18:38   #28
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
and read that back

all of this really is about Dallas/coolcat/Radioguy having a personal issue - I actually think it might be healthy for them to finally beat it out in public rather than it constantly being just under the surface BUT if you've tuned in to find out about head units.....errrm....move on

Save
Old 8th February 2017, 19:03   #29
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Rev, I hope that you get more responses, thought I would chime in with the facts and stay out of the mud slinging.

We have sold 3381 Navall Units over 9 years
Of that 612 Were Navall stars
From those stars , we returned 9 to the factory that we could not fix.
We sold only 381 Navall 3's
Of those we sent only 3 back to the factory.

The other Navall's were more challenging, our highest problem units were the NAvall 2's . I blame that on the updating , there were many and very confusing

So Rev, those are the numbers . I spent the last hour or so compiling

TDI's units that he says were/are paperweights were a USED Navall 2 that he purchased in August of 2014 for a 75 or zt and was working fine until he did an update on January 10th , 2015 (Not blaming, just saying thats when the issues began), and a Navall 3 that he purchased for a range rover which as far as I could see from the 42 emails that we exchanged , after I sent an ISO cable (No charge) the only issue was getting the Steering wheel controls to function. He is entitled to his opinion and I wish we had a kick at the can to fix the problems but he chose to "bin them")

that being said, I think our failure rate is good, with Jeff's amazing help , every single day since 2013 including days off (like today) and Sundays and technical back up and support being a very positive contributing factor. I assure you all , I may pay for this , but he doesn't get paid what he is worth ! Jeff cares about every customer.

I hope everyone can get back to the fact that we re here to prolong the life and enjoyment of the cars. Thats all

Last edited by Radioguy; 8th February 2017 at 19:09.. Reason: Spelling
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 19:37   #30
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Hi Pete, What are the club rules for situations such as this, trader or member when selling goods?
Traders are fundamentally Subscribed Members. They have the same freedom to decided whether to post - or not - in a thread as any other member.

We encourage traders to communicate with members. A thread about a product or service they provide should have the involvement of the trader as it helps others.

Quote:
You are certainly not going to get a trader to speak negatively about their product when asked are you? If we listen to all the threads that get frequently posted about unhappy members having frequent problems with their Navall product, where does the club stand on consumer rights, and what help is offered if this sort of behaviour becomes excessively unacceptable?

You refer to "all the threads that get frequently posted about unhappy members".
  1. A consumer is 6 time more likely to complain than praise, which you should take into consideration.
  2. How many of these 'unhappy members' you refer to have been posted in the last 12 months, how many have Sean and/or Jeff tried to help the person, how many have had issues resolved?
  3. Ref Consumer Rights - firstly the contract is between the buyer and the seller - not the club. We have previously stepped in to mediate where necessary and in most cases this has resolved ongoing problems.

You also refer "behaviour becomes excessively unacceptable". From memory traders have overwhelmingly looked to help members. To be quite honest, I haven't seen you say anywhere in this post anything positive about traders within the club, which I find very disappointing.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote