Notices

Old 18th June 2019, 10:17   #21
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
And I’m not surprised at the height of the pedestal you place your backside on when you show your prejudice in the judgement of others. One day things will slip and you will need the help of a good (moral) Proctologist.

The issue is the Left/Greens run around like frightened chickens yelling at everyone that the sky is falling and “something must be done”

The result of such knee jerk reactions is our urban streets polluted with horrendous levels of diesel particulates and NOX’s, our “recycled” plastic being washed out to sea via a third party country so the Lefty Greens fool themselves by their righteous actions - and as a third example - the deforestation of huge areas to grow palm oil so we can run our cars on bio-fuel.

Again this may give the Lefty Greenies a nice warm glow that “something is being done” but I very much doubt that the Orangutan populations of the world who continue to lose their unique habitats think this “something” is the right thing.
My goodness, someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning
I'm not on any pedestal that I'm aware of but thanks for your concern over my future needs for a good ( moral) proctologist. If the need arises I will ask for your assistance as I assume you have had experience.

As it happens I agree that there had been far too much knee jerk reactions - a lot of which have been ill advised, short term and in some cases for political objectives.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 13:19   #22
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
My goodness, someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning
I'm not on any pedestal that I'm aware of but thanks for your concern over my future needs for a good ( moral) proctologist. If the need arises I will ask for your assistance as I assume you have had experience.

As it happens I agree that there had been far too much knee jerk reactions - a lot of which have been ill advised, short term and in some cases for political objectives.
No - I am simply tired of people judging others from what they see as “the moral high ground” that only they can occupy but which in reality is genuine ignorance.

I suspect you would be “surprised that I watched a BBC programme” with its “lefty green” bias - your words not mine! - I further suspect that such a comment says more about the morals and the prejudice of the writer than the target......
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 13:22   #23
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
No - I am simply tired of people judging others from what they see as “the moral high ground” that only they can occupy but which in reality is genuine ignorance.

I suspect you would be “surprised that I watched a BBC programme” with its “lefty green” bias - your words not mine! - I further suspect that such a comment says more about the morals and the prejudice of the writer than the target......
Note. This poster simply cannot accept criticism of any form whatsoever. Has to have the last word always. Is a self appointed expert on anything and will not countenance any opinion to the contrary. Ignore
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 13:58   #24
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Note. This poster simply cannot accept criticism of any form whatsoever. Has to have the last word always. Is a self appointed expert on anything and will not countenance any opinion to the contrary. Ignore

What Clive ?

Surely, you must be mistaken.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 14:02   #25
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Note. Ignore
If only you two would

Not exactly men of your word....
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 14:09   #26
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

There is plenty more I can say here... but not in the middle of a peeing contest...

Will be back later
Old 18th June 2019, 14:19   #27
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
If only you two would

Not exactly men of your word....
The only petrson here making themselves look stupid is yourself I'm afraid. Get over it.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 14:29   #28
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:

Wow.

I mean. wow.

What an edifying post.

Quote:
I know. Quite sad really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
There is plenty more I can say here... but not in the middle of a peeing contest...

Will be back later
No worries Dave, feel free to continue. I'm not going to get into a petty who has the biggest competition.
Old 18th June 2019, 14:31   #29
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

So back on topic please gents.

Plastic, the whys and wherefores, the do's and don'ts and the should we or shouldn't we
Old 18th June 2019, 14:54   #30
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post

Will be back later

Same here, as a plastics processor for over 30 years the industry is being painted as the bad guy by the worlds media.