Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th March 2010, 23:20   #11
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Default All A Farse....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I would never try to sell ANY car on ANY forum,just aint gonna make what your looking for.That's my experience of monitering forums over the years anyway.
Think 90% of people will put them on e bay or autotrader etc , etc, nothing wrong putting them on a forum , look how many people come on here each week ,looking for advice as they are going to buy a 75 or mg... but all people say to them is oh thats way to much to pay , it should be a grand etc etc... all the people that say its worth peanuts , want to stop and think for a moment ....... firstly would they sell there own car for nxt to nothing, or what some book says its worth , and also they aint doing themselfs any favours or any other rover owner on here.. its as if there saying BUY A ROVER ITS WORTHLESS..... BUT HEY ITS A DAM GOOD CAR.. IF SMALL TIME DEALERS CAN GET £2000 ,FOR A CAR THAT PEOPLE SAY OH ITS ONLY WORTH £1000 THEN WHY NOT PUT IT UP NEAR A DEALER PRICE... IF ITS A CLEAN CAR WITH SERVICE HISTORY AND NEW PARTS , THEN PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR THAT... IT SHOWS HOW CRAZY IT ALL IS, WHEN YOU CAN GET MORE FOR A CAR IF YOU BREAK IT FOR SPARES !!!.
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 00:04   #12
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

In principle I think we should encourage people to ask more for their cars. Haggling can be fun..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 06:21   #13
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
some owners seem to get upset if they see a car thats for sale and over priced
Never known anyone get upset, members discuss and give their opinions. My opinion is that a 75 & ZT is more often than not worth as much as, if not more than its selling price.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:12   #14
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Default its a shame........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
Never known anyone get upset, members discuss and give their opinions. My opinion is that a 75 & ZT is more often than not worth as much as, if not more than its selling price.
well what i looked at it was clear some members didnt seem to like what they were reading, some of it came across quite rude too. but hey we cart please everyone can we i feel the same as you they are worth more than what all the book prices say .
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 14:10   #15
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
Selling on forums is pointless. If your a member on say a 75/ZT forum chances are 99% of members own a 75 or ZT so wont be on the look out for one.
Not actually correct in our case. Over the last twelve months there has been an increasing number of people emailing the club asking where they can buy a 75 or a ZT. It is our policy to always suggest they ask in the forums as there are so many club members willing to mention cars they have seen - which is a great service in my view - take a look in the For Sale section and browse the likes of Autotrader as it will help them get a good feel about the market and more comfortable with what they are looking for and realistically get for their money.

Although some people might be put off by the idea of selling their car via the club - prices do tend to be a bit lower in line with any other owners club as you are in a community - there is also the point that your car is going to a new owner who will cherish it as much as you have, and of course it remains 'in the club' so to speak. It's an intangible yes, but one that some people value at the same time.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 14:12   #16
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey9 View Post
Had on offer under £1000 for my 2001 Y Connoisseur with FSH all the toys (working) and in mint condition. Apparently that was the Glass' Guide valuation.
I'd rather keep it than give it away.

Cheers
Bluey
Did you end up selling private?
Old 15th March 2010, 15:01   #17
Brigus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club CDT Tourer

I own a 75 but these forums have - more than once - brought me very close to owning more than one!
Old 15th March 2010, 22:00   #18
mimbo
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 216 Coupe

I just know that is someone is seeking a 75/ZT and know what spec and toys they want, they will pay the price and get what they want and be 100 % happy, Not very many 75/ZT owners end up selling the cars due to disliking it

Hear so many people who end up getting rid of a car and then a month or so later they regrate it and think

We all have the problems to sort out in the first few months of ownership of these woderful cars, BUT there again that is what this club is here for and also the members to help each other along and to keep these cars running for many years to come

It will be a lot better and safer future when the goverment car scrappage scheme come to the end, Why on earth would anyone want to end up getting rid of the Last British cars for some Foreign heap of rubbish that they will end up getting rid of once the warrenty has run out, Surly it would make more sense to save our cars than to put more Foreign rubbish on the british roads

All people think about today is getting from A to B and everyone is always in a rush to get around on the pot holes British roads

I am not worried about the £215 a year road tax or the few quid it cost to run the 75, I can get from A to B in far better comfort and standards than most others, Just enjoy the whole drive in the 75 from start to finish, the quietness, smoothness, comfort of these great machines, They will never make a car like they made the 75/ZT again, well unless you have about 50,000 quid spare, and what about the expensive servicing costs

That was one of the things about owning the 75/ZT we can at least find parts around a lot cheaper than most other cars and we know how to look and keep our cars running well

P.James (Member 6589 ) Nuts about the 75

Last edited by mimbo; 15th March 2010 at 22:02..
mimbo is offline   Reply With Quote