Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th November 2014, 19:23   #1
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Default Yet another Supermarket vs Branded fuel post

Up until 3 weeks ago I bought my fuel at Sainsbury's because it was £3.30 per tank full cheaper than my local BP station.
But suddenly my local BP(800 yards away) price matched Sainsbury.
So I've been buying BP.
Plus point, better lower end oomph with BP, but so far no better MPG, but worth it for the oomph.
Negative, car fired immediately on turn of the key with Sainsbury fuel but with BP, it reaches a point where it feels it won't fire, then fires.
So when BP goes back to being dearer, do I stick with it but worry the car may not start, or go back to Sainsbury with a guaranteed immediate and instant start?

Opinions please.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2014, 20:55   #2
Gemsathome
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
Up until 3 weeks ago I bought my fuel at Sainsbury's because it was £3.30 per tank full cheaper than my local BP station.
But suddenly my local BP(800 yards away) price matched Sainsbury.
So I've been buying BP.
Plus point, better lower end oomph with BP, but so far no better MPG, but worth it for the oomph.
Negative, car fired immediately on turn of the key with Sainsbury fuel but with BP, it reaches a point where it feels it won't fire, then fires.
So when BP goes back to being dearer, do I stick with it but worry the car may not start, or go back to Sainsbury with a guaranteed immediate and instant start?

Opinions please.
Hi Alanjay, I would lean towards Sainsburys as a quicker fire up is less strain on the battery, especially with thicker oil in the cold winter weather. Just my opinion, plus I love the Sainsburys WW1 Xmas ad!!
Gemsathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2014, 21:04   #3
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemsathome View Post
Hi Alanjay, I would lean towards Sainsburys as a quicker fire up is less strain on the battery, especially with thicker oil in the cold winter weather. Just my opinion, plus I love the Sainsburys WW1 Xmas ad!!
Thanks for that, an option I hadn't considered, also my Sainsbury's car insurance gives me double Nectar points on fuel purchases at Sainsbury. So if both fuels give the same MPG, double Nectar points score.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote