Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st January 2021, 04:03   #61
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
"Motorsport UK chairman David Richards sent a letter to Prime Minister Boris Johnson in November explaining that Hamilton "is subject to withholding tax at source in nine countries" and "files tax returns in four of the nine countries".HMRC's UK Income Tax Liabilities Statistics, published in 2019, puts Hamilton among the top 5,000 highest tax payers in the UK.
The question was not directed at you and I think that members can answer for themselves. And while you might not agree I think that they know what they mean when they post without you having to elaborate on their posts for them. Having said that, your link is not to HMRC or an official source. However, while you are here, just how many does LH employ at Mercedes at this point in time?

I only ask because he and his fan boys seem to have made this a bit of an issue with an assertion and a figure which I'm not at all sure rings true. I'm only aware of one F1 seat that is available for the up and coming season and LH's bum currently ain't innit. To all intents and purposes he presents himself as currently being unemployed F1 wise.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 09:18   #62
ND23

Not disclosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
What is the point of posting anything if you do not want people to believe it.
Just because people do not agree with you does not make them trolls.
Do not throw your toys out of the pram.

This is a bit like teaching in a nursery school, having a debate with a bunch of five year olds. I really do not know how many times you would like me to repeat myself.

The BBC demonstrates bias on a daily basis by not including more reporting on female sport. If you would like to check out that fact then please visit https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
scroll down to the bottom of the page i.e. the section devoted to sport and out of the 7 articles published there try and add up how many are focussed on female athletes/sports. If you having any trouble with the numbers involved then see if you can find an adult to help you out.
I am more than happy for people to disagree with me but my definition of trolling includes those who deliberately try to derail sensible debates i.e. you.
It seems that members are happy to join the debate having read the thread header and then complain when they get fed up with the trolling by other members and then take the moral high ground by trying to turn it into a joke.
All I can say is that once again this has proved that this is a place I do not want to inhabit for any length of time. This forum has some useful information and some very helpful members but unfortunately it also has a vast number of people who's main aim in life seems to be to derail anything sensible and post stupid comments about other members posts and if you want proof of that just read back through this thread.
ND23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 10:17   #63
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND23 View Post
This is a bit like teaching in a nursery school, having a debate with a bunch of five year olds. I really do not know how many times you would like me to repeat myself.

The BBC demonstrates bias on a daily basis by not including more reporting on female sport. If you would like to check out that fact then please visit https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
scroll down to the bottom of the page i.e. the section devoted to sport and out of the 7 articles published there try and add up how many are focussed on female athletes/sports. If you having any trouble with the numbers involved then see if you can find an adult to help you out.
I am more than happy for people to disagree with me but my definition of trolling includes those who deliberately try to derail sensible debates i.e. you.
It seems that members are happy to join the debate having read the thread header and then complain when they get fed up with the trolling by other members and then take the moral high ground by trying to turn it into a joke.
All I can say is that once again this has proved that this is a place I do not want to inhabit for any length of time. This forum has some useful information and some very helpful members but unfortunately it also has a vast number of people who's main aim in life seems to be to derail anything sensible and post stupid comments about other members posts and if you want proof of that just read back through this thread.

Do not be immature and start insulting people because you have not convinced them of your argument.
You have incorretly associated the fact that the majority of BBC sports News is male orientated (as is every national paper) and said it is because they are biased. As I pointed out in post 81 it is because the majority of sport is played by and watched by males.
To give an example. Schools during the winter months have boys playing football & rugby and the girls playing hockey. As adults the vast majority of football & rugby at local and national level is played by men. Similarly you would expect the vast majority of hockey to be played by women. In fact it is not. I have just looked at the East League which covers the East of England and on a weekly basis there are 333 mens sides playing and only 278 ladies sides.

Last edited by another_clean_sheet; 21st January 2021 at 10:21.. Reason: Spelling
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 10:31   #64
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
The question was not directed at you and I think that members can answer for themselves. And while you might not agree I think that they know what they mean when they post without you having to elaborate on their posts for them. Having said that, your link is not to HMRC or an official source. However, while you are here, just how many does LH employ at Mercedes at this point in time?

I only ask because he and his fan boys seem to have made this a bit of an issue with an assertion and a figure which I'm not at all sure rings true. I'm only aware of one F1 seat that is available for the up and coming season and LH's bum currently ain't innit. To all intents and purposes he presents himself as currently being unemployed F1 wise.

Perhaps you should have directed it at me then as i was the initial poster stating that his claim that Hamilton paid no tax in the UK was false. As for the second part i feel your question is largely irrelevant as the initial poster was questioning Hamiltons worth to the UK in the last year when he won BBC's sports personality of the year. However i feel confident that he will sign for next season much to the distress of the usual detractors on here i am sure.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 10:49   #65
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Perhaps a return of the "Ghostbusters" is needed:

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 12:11   #66
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND23 View Post
I'm not asking you to believe anything I have said, check it out for yourself. I am not in the business of justifying my actions to you or anyone else. I have provided you with assertions backed up by links if you wish to verify my assertions yourself. But I doubt that is the point of your post, just another troll trying to derail the debate. Sad really.
No, not a troll. Just a person seeking the wheat from the chaff.

If you post up things that can be proved not true then expect to be fired at.

Please give me the link to prove L.H. pays no UK taxes then.

No use trying to cloud the issue by saying other folk are trolls.

Verbal abuse is not the way to win an argument, but can start a war.--

RE;--The word DEBATE, usually to establish facts. I'm debating not baiting with you.---------Now, keep your cool.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 13:54   #67
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

No more name calling or any other playground banter otherwise the thread gets closed.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote