Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th August 2018, 11:57   #31
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I always thought you had to be a 'red' member to use the club's image server?
Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
Yes you have to be, there is no 'attach file' menu, if you are a blue member.

So how does Vanburster's routine work? Obviously it gets around the red member rule. Whether the image shows as a thumbnail in the thread rather than the full size image, the Club server is still hosting it. It's the hosting that costs the Club, hence the red member condition. It's all rather confusing. I find it far easier to use a friendly image hosting site. It inserts the full size image within the post so no clicking on thumbnails. I also posted the method which dozens of others use. It seems less complicated than the HowTo I just read, but there you go. I can probably dig it out if anyone wants to try it.

The main thing for whatever method you use is to pre-size the image to 800px wide as a maximum. It seems the Tapatalk routine has this step built-in but the other methods don't. There are dozens of free apps to do it with a click. It can also be done within forum software, but not by vBulletin it seems.

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 14th August 2018 at 11:59..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 12:20   #32
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

When uploading from my computer files, I use Imgur, uploading from the web, the little yellow postcard icon above
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 18:06   #33
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
When uploading from my computer files, I use Imgur, uploading from the web, the little yellow postcard icon above

...... and relinquish all rights to it during the time of it being hosted by Imgur (including commercial use - even after deletion, providing it had been downloaded during the hosting period). Well thats how I read it

(most of my images by the way are not saleable, those that are/were have been sold, inc rights. I would not be happy that someone like coca cola and the like, could use it without even credit - bad enough Facebook have a limited version of this)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 19:04   #34
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

As a matter of interest, the idea that Photobucket has reversed it's ransom and freed up its blocked images, is incorrect. The older HowTos still show the PB ransom note instead of photos when using Firefox without the embedded fix.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 19:33   #35
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
As a matter of interest, the idea that Photobucket has reversed it's ransom and freed up its blocked images, is incorrect. The older HowTos still show the PB ransom note instead of photos when using Firefox without the embedded fix.

TC
I havent had the opportunity to try or check that out yet, but perhaps clearing cookies would correct that issue?

Old 14th August 2018, 22:54   #36
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I havent had the opportunity to try or check that out yet, but perhaps clearing cookies would correct that issue?
Dear sir ,this is well intentioned but you obviously don't block unnecessary and unwanted and undiserable tracking etc etc etc cookies cookies or have the LOT deleted after your session or shut down. My god this was a simple practice 20 years ago .it would take a trebble day solar eclips to bring you upto date on security. please don't take the hump but you need to find a mate who can inform you at least a little about security, let alone what your issue is .
crazy frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 23:00   #37
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
With the photo bucket fiasco at least a year ago CABBAGING a lot of our amazing wonderful posts and threads
WHY CAN WE NOT NOW!!! UPLOAD PHOTOS directly from our devices/Computers. IT ISNT ROCKET SCIENCE.
I FOR ONE WOULD BE PREPAIRED TO PAY an increased membership IF NEEDED.
Hi all,
I didn't realise what a can of worms there was waiting to be opened when I started this Thread?
However it is eerily reassuring and at the same time disturbing how many other people have similar concerns about this issue !!!
Thankyou all for responding (please don't get into arguments with each other )
We all know there is more than 1 way to skin a cat, ( Please animal lovers ,its only an euphemism)
But hey I don't know about you but I'm HUNGRY and just want to get it done with a couple of pictures and and a few button presses.
Rather than the younger generation and the older followers who have been brain washed to pushing 27 different buttons to get the same effect as pushing 3.
Other issues that have been raised by contributors follow, and it is definitely not a fully inclusive list.
"I" myself have been aware of these issues for 20 + years and "I" have never mentioned them, but these issues have been raised by other contributors to this thread. ( Please, not wanting or wishing to divert the main point of this thread) IE= using third party So called MODERN DAY BRAIN WASHING Spying and THIEVING APPS. Obvious example PHOTOBUCKET.
Even I fell for that one ,even though I only used it through a secure browser with a VPN and other PC security measures, rather than their dedicated APP.
Why are so many of the long in the tooth older,generally wiser generation still not using ringfenced private off net Computer PROGRAMS as of old.(the wheel cant be reinvented) Yes I know you don't have to pay for most so called modern information sucking Apps Compared to paying for Programs.
However Intellectual theft,information gathering and sharing including photographs Denial of service ( not the tech DNS one !) Holly S*** Ive gone further than I wanted to on this off topic subject. Anybody wondered why Face book have just been fined $ 3.9 BILLION yes BILLION. + other issues raised by contributors.
Yes I use a PC. latest operating system stripped bare, latest software and currently state of the art Hardware with "No Information sucking Accounts, Even Microsofts Account in windows 10 (yes its easily possible not to be dragged into Microsofts information Sucking Account.) and any other os device in someones top pocket giving them cred in a trendy coffee shop. Anyway enough of off topic from myself, otherwise ide have to buy some more pencils from Tesco.

P.S No apologies for the composition or punctuation. It is meant to be SEEN !!!
Just like the the original threads purpose.
crazy frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 00:45   #38
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
Dear sir ,this is well intentioned but you obviously don't block unnecessary and unwanted and undiserable tracking etc etc etc cookies cookies or have the LOT deleted after your session or shut down. My god this was a simple practice 20 years ago .it would take a trebble day solar eclips to bring you upto date on security. please don't take the hump but you need to find a mate who can inform you at least a little about security, let alone what your issue is .
lol,I dont have the issue, I havent noticed any PB problems (hence my clarification of not coming across the issue ). Security issues though, I do not waste as much time on it as much as I used to. I am less paranoid these days than 20 years ago. However each browser closure deletes cookies and history. (a leftover from those early 'Longhorn' days and tweak UI, ccc type programs). And since I use this PC for browsing, photo and video editing, I am even less paranoid. (reminds me of only the other day, a caller phoned me, apparently a problem with my 'banking card'. To correct the issue, I had to jump through hoops, like most banking experiences. I had to gave him my mother's maiden name, pin number, my card number with expiry, ccv number and the card number, so he could cancel my card. I did of course have to verify my password with him - so it was all safe )

Incidentally, my comment was based on an issue that raised its head (again, with someone else ) a few months ago regarding the banning of a trader, and their ad still displaying on some browsers.

Old 15th August 2018, 12:20   #39
Fox3
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi and MG ZT 190

I just use 'Attach files', then click on 'Manage attachments' button.

Or am I missing something obvious?

Screenshot attached (by using the above)

Or copy and paste the address into the IMG box?

Like this...

Happy to do a 'How to' if its not already been done?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (63.3 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Fox3; 15th August 2018 at 12:24..
Fox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2018, 12:42   #40
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox3 View Post
I just use 'Attach files', then click on 'Manage attachments' button.

Or am I missing something obvious?

Screenshot attached (by using the above)

Or copy and paste the address into the IMG box?

Like this...

Happy to do a 'How to' if its not already been done?

That’s what I do on the iPad but it only posts a thumbnail and you can’t post more than one at a time unlike other Forums who shall remain nameless. Where’s the people in control of the site as this problem comes up over and over again. I suggested a program that PistonHeads uses which sizes it to the proper size for the forum but nothing came of it
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote