Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st January 2012, 11:10   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default TV over the Xmas period ?

Did anybody find anything decent to watch over the holiday period, i must admit i dont sit down and study the TV guide for each and every detail, but it seemed to be the same old same old repeats ( sorry that should be another chance to see )

I have Sky so should be plenty to choose from but as Bruce Springstein once sang " 57 channels and nothing on "

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 11:14   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

did not watch hardly anythink as i was at work for most of as i am today and last night.enjoyed the borrowers and mrs browns boys.the royal body guard was dire
Old 1st January 2012, 11:17   #3
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Couldn't agree more, found ourselves watching 'old' films instead. TV is on almost all day here even if there is nothing on...I hate it but get outvoted as I have the quietest voice....

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 11:19   #4
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Top Gear, Doctor Who and 'The Kings speach' last night and the darts world championships. Christmas tv isn't like it was in the 80's

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 11:21   #5
whitevanman
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Top Gear, Doctor Who and 'The Kings speach' last night and the darts world championships. Christmas tv isn't like it was in the 80's
It is on the BBC, coz it's the same blooming programmes.....

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 1st January 2012, 11:34   #6
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I watched morcambe & wise on Christmas eve (because you have to)

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 12:45   #7
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Bullit

Steve

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 13:24   #8
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

TV was wick,Although during the day it was mostly Scoody-Do and Tom and Jerry.Which was rather goodMakes you wonder why you pay so much for TV and Sky at times.
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 14:23   #9
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

When i were nowt but a nipper there was 2 channels , Xmas viewing revolved around the big shows ie MORECAMBE and WISE etc and the odd big film.

Now most of the time is spent running through dozens of channels only to find repeat after repeat , i have sky but only because of the football , the rest you can keep.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 14:32   #10
whitevanman
This is my second home

Well I just watched the best thing on tv over chrimble, well my tv anyway 'Senna' top documentary, I wasn't really interested in the politics of the prost/senna era but the film enlightened me a bit, just not quite enough racing for me but well good all the same.. Got the two disc special too so another load of stuff still to watch on another day.