Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st May 2010, 15:46   #371
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by para999 View Post
I travel round the country a fair bit and start off with North Devon's Heart on 96.2 FM. I have to manually change to other Heart stations when I go through Somerset/Bristol/Midlands/London etc.

Not sure how it locates the strongest Heart signal...maybe it's a setting I haven't found yet!
afaik auto-retuning is an RDS feature.

Not sure what TMC does, though.

One more question (I'm still saving the pennies!), when your using the satnav (I would be using TomTom 7), how do you change station / song etc? Can you jump to the menu then back in, or do you have to exit the application then re-open (and re-lock-on) like you do on my CE-based SatNav?
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 15:56   #372
stux99
Posted a thing or two

MG3/TF Spark/ MGTF Steppy/ MG GS

Ref the above, I (we) just use the remote.
Old 21st May 2010, 15:56   #373
Mannie
Avid contributor

MGZT-T 260 Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
afaik auto-retuning is an RDS feature.

Not sure what TMC does, though.

One more question (I'm still saving the pennies!), when your using the satnav (I would be using TomTom 7), how do you change station / song etc? Can you jump to the menu then back in, or do you have to exit the application then re-open (and re-lock-on) like you do on my CE-based SatNav?
No you can flip in and out
Old 21st May 2010, 19:03   #374
sjr
Avid contributor

MG ZT 260 & Ford Mustang 5.0 GT

Sean,
I know I am being really impatient. But do you have a tracking number for me.

Thanks in advance,

SJR
sjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 21:00   #375
dudepop
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Greg, what do you class as the main screen? if you want to go back to the radio, IPOD ECT ECT you just quickly press the power button at the top left of the unit. it should then keep the SAT NAV running but you will then be able to use the mode button to scroll through the options.

If you need any help PM me with your telephone number and I will phone you.
thanks for the tip tony got it working now, got another problem tho , connected my iphone to the rear ipod connecter, when i press the ipod icon on the head unit a message pops up on my iphone something like " this device was no made for the iphone do you to want switch to airplane mode to reduce interferance yes/no" dosnt matter what i select after i choose a track on my iphone it dosnt play through the head unit, when connect the iphone to the front usb it charges the phone but again wont play a track through the head unit....
apart from that the unit is fantastic and igo8 is so much better than tomtom but is there anyway you can change the kilometers to miles?
dudepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 08:05   #376
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudepop View Post
thanks for the tip tony got it working now, got another problem tho , connected my iphone to the rear ipod connecter, when i press the ipod icon on the head unit a message pops up on my iphone something like " this device was no made for the iphone do you to want switch to airplane mode to reduce interferance yes/no" dosnt matter what i select after i choose a track on my iphone it dosnt play through the head unit, when connect the iphone to the front usb it charges the phone but again wont play a track through the head unit....
apart from that the unit is fantastic and igo8 is so much better than tomtom but is there anyway you can change the kilometers to miles?
It's a pain with the IPOD, it "should" play ok, but it does not charge the units. On my unit it says not designed for use with this unit or something like that.

To change the Km to Miles go to menu settings, regional then click on Km it will change to miles, as simple as that

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 09:44   #377
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Can the front facia be changed on these units? Just thinking if I ever want to fit it to another car with double-din slot, can you change it from Rover specific to universal?

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:37   #378
para999
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudepop View Post

I have had an ipod nano (generation 5) connected to mine and it recognises it and works..... unfortunately it doesn't charge though. I have not tried an ipod touch or phone...
para999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:17   #379
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile Double din.

Hi All, Overall I am very pleased with my unit from Sean, I could not have fitted it without Tony Fry, the man is a wizard with these things. I received a load of cables and leads and two of them have me puzzled as to their use. One has pod on one end which has a small piece on the end like a light, the other lead has a round nine pin connector on one end and the other end with a flat connector. Can anyone tell me what these are for please?. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 06:31   #380
dudepop
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Hi All, Overall I am very pleased with my unit from Sean, I could not have fitted it without Tony Fry, the man is a wizard with these things. I received a load of cables and leads and two of them have me puzzled as to their use. One has pod on one end which has a small piece on the end like a light, the other lead has a round nine pin connector on one end and the other end with a flat connector. Can anyone tell me what these are for please?. John.
the flat connector is for an iphone/ipod, but it dosnt work on my iphone or my ipod touch but it works ok with ipod nano.

My sat nav frooze yesterday while i was at southport beech enjoying the sun, ive turned the unit on and offf a few times but the igo8 satnav wont respond, any ideas?
dudepop is offline   Reply With Quote