Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2019, 09:18   #11
bendrick
Loves to post
 
75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto saloon

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Barry
Posts: 428
Thanks: 40
Thanked 199 Times in 103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel View Post
I will take 2
I would add that I am aware of out of hours vets fees having a dog myself and was only commenting the outrageous fees often charged by out of hours vets

I would have been in the same position as yourself and would of course paid up as having no other choice given the circumstances also.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bendrick For This Useful Post:
Old 18th October 2019, 09:40   #12
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two
 
Honda Insight Hybrid

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Brighouse
Posts: 1,040
Thanks: 391
Thanked 362 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Had a poorly cat New Years Day 2019, Big bill followed of course. They couldn't find out the problem but said a full CAT scan may reveal something (scuse the pun) but not guaranteed to. Cost - £2200. I can get one privately for myself for less than that. Needless to say we walked away, particularly when they said it could possibly not show anything. Don't know how they sleep at night.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2019, 10:20   #13
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southampton
Posts: 8,822
Thanks: 877
Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Had a poorly cat New Years Day 2019, Big bill followed of course. They couldn't find out the problem but said a full CAT scan may reveal something (scuse the pun) but not guaranteed to. Cost - £2200. I can get one privately for myself for less than that. Needless to say we walked away, particularly when they said it could possibly not show anything. Don't know how they sleep at night.
like a solicitor that gets someone off that has committed a crime, very well
macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2019, 11:59   #14
Russel
Loves to post
 
Russel's Avatar
 
Mg zt-t

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Southampton
Posts: 264
Thanks: 116
Thanked 54 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Its kicked us in the rear and knocked us on our faces we will rise up from this and hopefully the puppy's will reduce the pain
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2019, 15:35   #15
DMGRS
Discount MG Rover Spares
 
DMGRS's Avatar
 
MG ZT + ZTT - both CDTi Auto

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hythe, Southampton
Posts: 10,615
Thanks: 443
Thanked 2,890 Times in 1,802 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
I'm aware of that.

If you think that £330 for an out of hours examination that recommends taking your pet to your own vets the next day is value for money then that's fair enough.


On a similar front I do have a bog standard 75 that you are welcome to purchase for £9,000 if you're interested.
You're not just paying for their time - you're paying for the years of training, expertise, possible late start the next day (depending on the time of the call) etc.

I think it's a bargain for peace of mind given by a seasoned professional - and the advice was obviously correct as all are healthy (so I assume, anyway!)

Congrats on the new litter, I'm sure they're worth every penny
__________________

Discount MG Rover Spares

Your 75 / ZT Specialist Spares Supplier! PM us for any parts you need.
Tel 02380 001133


New and hard-to-find Rover 75 / MG ZT Spares:
Engine Mounts - All Models
KV6 Breather Hoses
Reliable Front Drop Links
Servicing Kits - All Models
DMGRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2019, 17:10   #16
MissMoppet
Loves to post
 
MissMoppet's Avatar
 
R 75 Tourer diesel, V6 Conny

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Taunton
Posts: 418
Thanks: 108
Thanked 141 Times in 70 Posts
Default

Trouble is most of the vet practices are now part of chains, often US - and we know where that leads. See here for example.
__________________
Rover 75 Tourer CDTi remapped 160 auto, R75 V6 2.5L auto Connoisseur
MissMoppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2019, 17:15   #17
COLVERT
This is my second home
 
COLVERT's Avatar
 
R75 Saloon.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France/or Devon.
Posts: 10,394
Thanks: 2,418
Thanked 1,121 Times in 979 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I hope 7 puppies will fetch £1,800.

when some spend so much on animals, why are others so cruel?

macafee2
Save the dogs--------then put the owners down !!!
__________________
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2019, 17:41   #18
bendrick
Loves to post
 
75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto saloon

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Barry
Posts: 428
Thanks: 40
Thanked 199 Times in 103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGRS View Post
You're not just paying for their time - you're paying for the years of training, expertise, possible late start the next day (depending on the time of the call) etc.

I think it's a bargain for peace of mind given by a seasoned professional - and the advice was obviously correct as all are healthy (so I assume, anyway!)

Congrats on the new litter, I'm sure they're worth every penny
I'm well aware of that.

As a time served tradesman who was on call any day or night of the year for emergency work I well appreciate the premium for out of hours work.

But £330 for a check and advice to attend your vet the next day for the actual treatment? Really?

Having been a licensed greyhound trainer for many years at a professional track there is no one who appreciates the cost of keeping animals in tip top condition ( as I've paid the bills) or the professional qualifications of veterinary staff.

But once again.

£330 for a check up and advice to visit your own vet the next day for actual treatment? Really?

Last edited by bendrick; 18th October 2019 at 17:52..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bendrick For This Useful Post:
Old 19th October 2019, 11:25   #19
roverbarmy
This is my second home
 
roverbarmy's Avatar
 
1999 Cowley V6 Auto Zircon Silver

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Norfolk
Posts: 4,345
Thanks: 331
Thanked 1,137 Times in 870 Posts
Default

I remember the story of the plumber visiting the doctor's surgery at 6 pm to unblock a toilet. He dropped two paracetomols down the pan and said "Ring me in the morning if it's no better!"
__________________
Oil in my veins!
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roverbarmy For This Useful Post:
Old 19th October 2019, 17:15   #20
Russel
Loves to post
 
Russel's Avatar
 
Mg zt-t

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Southampton
Posts: 264
Thanks: 116
Thanked 54 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
I'm well aware of that.

As a time served tradesman who was on call any day or night of the year for emergency work I well appreciate the premium for out of hours work.

But £330 for a check and advice to attend your vet the next day for the actual treatment? Really?

Having been a licensed greyhound trainer for many years at a professional track there is no one who appreciates the cost of keeping animals in tip top condition ( as I've paid the bills) or the professional qualifications of veterinary staff.

But once again.

£330 for a check up and advice to visit your own vet the next day for actual treatment? Really?

After 12am when she took ill that was the price
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2019, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd