Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th October 2007, 21:30   #1
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Default Update on leak and clutch judder

Update on this thread http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=7998. I started another thread as another issue has also been sorted

To recap, I have had a wet passenger footwell for months now. I think it has probably been wet since new. I took it back to the garage for the third time with this problem a few weeks ago. It has now been sorted - or so I am told.

Anyway the reason for starting a new thread is that my clutch and flywheel have also been replaced. I have mentioned here in the past that I have the dreaded clutch judder and I have also mentioned it to the garage each time I have gone back with the leak. Unfortunately the judder is intermittent and so is hard to diagnose.

On the third leak visit, however, the judder manifested itself and the car was dismantled to find cause of same. I have been informed that the source of the problem was a slight play in the flywheel . In any event, the clutch and flywheel have now been replaced - all under warranty, of course.

So I am getting my baby back tomorrow. My courtesy car for the past 2 weeks was a 1.8 petrol. Would all diesels owners agree that the diesel drives so much better?. I can't describe it, but the petrol seems more "lumbering" to drive.

Hope the leak is fixed

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote