Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th January 2016, 22:32   #131
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Hi Alan that's just what I would like to see a monthly meet just like that we had at the Star and where we knew just where we stood and if we wanted to attend another that month all well and good two meets a month now that would be some thing
My sentiments entirely, first and foremost I want a monthly meet where I can enjoy the company of the guys who I first met through the club, plus newcomers. Also when Mike (Woof25) organises meets at The Kings Arms I attend those, two meets a month can't be bad!

In fact a "Newbie" whose first meet was at The Kings Arms was so impressed, he bought a party of three to The Ely, I only hope the way The Ely treated us has not made a bad impression.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 23:40   #132
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusV View Post
Well thank you but as a pair of retired foggie's we have the time which we often do to take a drive out and fine different place's to eat, which really is all Lyn's fault i'm beginning to think there is some thing wrong with our oven . Really hope Phil that you and Jessica with 5 weeks to go maybe able to make it.
Thank you Gus and Lyn for going the extra mile. Week 6-12 post op for me is the dangerous period for the bypass graft to fail. So far, so good. Am waiting for a special scan, as next week will be week 6, but have to wait my turn. Fair enough. I remain positive and hope we are able to join you on the 21st, all being well.

Has anyone heard from Harrisop the RS about the meet at the Inn. I wonder what his thoughts are about the meet? Perhaps Peter might say a few words to wish us all the very best
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 00:09   #133
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Gus and Lyn for going the extra mile. Week 6-12 post op for me is the dangerous period for the bypass graft to fail. So far, so good. Am waiting for a special scan, as next week will be week 6, but have to wait my turn. Fair enough. I remain positive and hope we are able to join you on the 21st, all being well.

Has anyone heard from Harrisop the RS about the meet at the Inn. I wonder what his thoughts are about the meet? Perhaps Peter might say a few words to wish us all the very best
Glad to see you taking a positive attitude regarding your op. Phil, most "quacks" reckon a positive attitude by the patient is the most important contribution to successful results.

Now on to the point of your post, I could be wrong but as I see it, our region has a North and South of the Thames divide, hence our joint RS's, Pete organising meets such as the ones at Ruislip and Andy organising those South of the Thames. So I think that's why Andy has said he'll post a meet at The Inn this weekend.

Of course I'm probably wrong in my understanding of why we have joint RS's and I'm sure either Pete or Andy will correct me on this.

Last edited by alanjay; 17th January 2016 at 00:11.. Reason: Correcting an omission
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 05:37   #134
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanjay View Post
Glad to see you taking a positive attitude regarding your op. Phil, most "quacks" reckon a positive attitude by the patient is the most important contribution to successful results.

Now on to the point of your post, I could be wrong but as I see it, our region has a North and South of the Thames divide, hence our joint RS's, Pete organising meets such as the ones at Ruislip and Andy organising those South of the Thames. So I think that's why Andy has said he'll post a meet at The Inn this weekend.

Of course I'm probably wrong in my understanding of why we have joint RS's and I'm sure either Pete or Andy will correct me on this.
Thank you Alan for your good wishes. You really are very kind. Thank you for explaining the RS setup. Have a fantastic day
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote