Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th August 2011, 22:13   #1
safiefender

rover 75 saloon

Default water problem

hi folks i have had my first rover 75 for about 3 weeks and had a smell coming into the car i found the 2 drains on top of the inner wings were blocked, on clearing them i found what could only be discribed as a small in land sea in the gap between the bulkhead and the engine bay (under the wiper motor) can anyone tell me if there is a drain in there somewere that i cant see and if so can it be reached from underneath thanks rae
safiefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 22:18   #2
Big Fra
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Insignia

Quote:
Originally Posted by safiefender View Post
hi folks i have had my first rover 75 for about 3 weeks and had a smell coming into the car i found the 2 drains on top of the inner wings were blocked, on clearing them i found what could only be discribed as a small in land sea in the gap between the bulkhead and the engine bay (under the wiper motor) can anyone tell me if there is a drain in there somewere that i cant see and if so can it be reached from underneath thanks rae
You need to clean out your plenums.

You have found the two on the outer ones, but there are two others under the scuttle panel. One of them lines under the brake master cylinder on the drivers side which you can't get to from above, and the othe is underneath the pollen filter assy on the passenger side.

TBH, you're best doing a search for plenum drains on this site. You'll get a full how to, and some pics too.

I just did my car last week. Surprising what comes out.

ER, it has!
Big Fra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 22:23   #3
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by safiefender View Post
Welcome aboard and get that chamber cleared ASAP .
there is a drain hole at the very bottom of the chamber and poking a rod through it will release the water and then you can clear the muck out , its VERY important you keep this chamber dry as your ECU is in there ,
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 02:31   #4
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Fix the problem

Buy the plastic 'dam' to close off the open entrance to the plenum (drivers side) from Jules and stop the rubbish getting in there in the first place.
To see what I am referring to, look on the passenger side and you will see the equivalent (black) plastic 'dam' as originally fitted, stopping rubbish getting into the plenum. A really cheap fix.
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote