Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th August 2011, 14:29   #1

rover 75 tourer

Default Rear centre belt replacement

Hi all, has anyone had experience of removing/replacing the rear middle seatbelt on a 75 tourer? Is this an easy job-what tools are required. Car failed MOT on belt freying badly. Appreciate any help
7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 15:27   #2
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

It requires a total stripdown of the backrest, you have to start removing the cover from the bottom. You cannot just fold it over at the top, there is a cable that runs along the backplate.

Easy job....hmmm to me it ia an easy job, once you have the backrest out all you need is a few spanners, flat screwdriver, electrical screwdriver, and a pair of pliers

You just follow your nose unclipping the seat cover, starting with removing the rear velour trim, one you have a small screwdriver to start seperating the trim, it will just fold out.

To seperate the two parts of the backrest, with the backrest inverted you just pull apart the covers at the pivot pin and you will see the flat part of a circlip, reach in with pliers and pull it out.

Last edited by Devilish; 6th August 2011 at 15:37..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 15:37   #3

rover 75 tourer

So I guess the whole backseat needs to come out then? what sort of timescale are you looking at? does battery require disconnecting for the pre tensioners? looks like this could be an interesting job!!
Old 6th August 2011, 15:51   #4
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

No need to diconnect the battery rear seat belt do not have pretensoiners,The back seat will have to come out its easy job.Torx 50 3 off bolts in the middle and the we side bits where it locates and hinges just push in and lift it out.
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 16:18   #5
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7575 View Post
So I guess the whole backseat needs to come out then? what sort of timescale are you looking at? does battery require disconnecting for the pre tensioners? looks like this could be an interesting job!!
Took me just under 3 hours from start to finish, I replaced the backrest panel altogether for on with a ski hatch. It was the third one i dismantled.

It is an interesting job if the weather is ok.
Old 7th August 2011, 08:18   #6

rover 75 tourer

making good start so far and weather is good, managed to remove almost the rear seat cover but geting stuck on how the headrest guides come out, do they prise out/screw out? do the seats need to be seperated and does armrest need to be removed? looks like the reassembly could be an interesting job-many thanks for your help
Old 7th August 2011, 21:21   #7
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7575 View Post
making good start so far and weather is good, managed to remove almost the rear seat cover but geting stuck on how the headrest guides come out, do they prise out/screw out? do the seats need to be seperated and does armrest need to be removed? looks like the reassembly could be an interesting job-many thanks for your help
Forgot about those ****** things.

There is a locking barb each side of the escutcheon about halfway down. On a saloon they are exposed, unfortunately on thr tourer they are hidden inside a box section part of the frame so there is no way to push them in to remove the escutcheon. They have to be hammered out of the tubular housing from the bottom using a rod, and they are a *** to get out. Good news is Rimmers have then for a few quid

Last edited by Devilish; 7th August 2011 at 21:23..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote