Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd February 2008, 05:16   #21
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

The problem is due to the poor quality metal used in the pin coating of the connectors, Jules did post that he's had the same problem with other cars,

The other problem is that a lot of the time the connectors aren't in the holder so every time the seat is moved, the connector moves enough to loose contact.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 22:10   #22
danmayberry
Loves to post

2.0 v6 auto connoisseur

ive resurrected this post again,as my airbag light is on all the time, i had a go at splitting the connectors and wd 40 ing them but the lights still on,am i splitting the right connectors? on the drivers seat there is a big yellow plug and a big black plug which twistlock onto the seat frame,and the passenger side has two even bigger connectors again with the twistlock bits on them are these the beasties? cheers-dan
danmayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 09:00   #23
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

mines been on for 3 years

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
mark d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:14   #24
Rupert
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T

After years of fiddling about, trying this, trying that, my tame MG/Rover engineer finally resorted to the hard wiring technique (apparently frowned on by some members, but I don't know why). I've had no re-occurrence since, and that was several months ago.

Don't loose sight of the fact that your airbag will not deploy if the SRS light is illuminated .. best to get it fixed once and for all!

I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I’m not sure you realise what you heard is not what I meant!
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 16:20   #25
Wal

MG ZT 190

Just a quick thanks for all the posts in this thread, I've read it through and have managed to fix the fault (for the time being!) without having to pay for diagnostics etc.

Thanks guys! Next up to deal with the petrol smell in the cabin, can't see that being as straight forward
Wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 18:06   #26
Dashiel
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 2.0 Club Tourer LPG

I am confused - why would you spray WD40 on a bad electrical connection? And an airbag one too?
There are plenty of specific electrical contact cleaner sprays that will do the job - Halfords do one for a start.
By the way, I cut and replaced mine because I changed seats from Mk1 to Mk2 (different connectors). I have not had a problem.
Dashiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 19:03   #27
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
The problem is due to the poor quality metal used in the pin coating of the connectors, Jules did post that he's had the same problem with other cars,

The other problem is that a lot of the time the connectors aren't in the holder so every time the seat is moved, the connector moves enough to loose contact.
Also the Connector is held together with a clip which is on the Loom side of the Connector, this hooks over a small lip on teh Seat connector. This breaks allowing the connector to work loose - This is what was wrong with mine on the Saloon. I will try and get a picture to show what I mean.
carlpenn is offline   Reply With Quote