Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th December 2006, 14:46   #1
Commodore
Loves to post

ex: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate). Now: MG Motor MG ZS Exclusive 1L Automatic

Default Insurance questions

Hello

It is insurance renewal time, and this will be the first time I have done an annual renewal on the 75 (having bought the car in August, I was mid-way through the policy on my Pub 106, so only had to pay an additional £60 to upgrade the cover) and my quote has just come in from my current insurer (Bell Direct, one of the many trading names of Admiral).

They have quoted me a total of £374.05 (lump sum payment), based on £60 compulsory + £100 voluntary excess, 6 years protected no claims, no convictions or points, no insurance claims ever, no personal accident cover, no hire car cover but with legal cover. ICE cover is £750, windscreen excess is £70. If I went for monthly installments, the total price is over £460.

Have been shopping around and the best deal I have found so far is MoreThan. they have quoted me £329.58 lump sum, or £349.35 in installments, based on a total excess of £200, with legal cover, and personal accident cover, £60 windscreen excess, includes hire car, includes personal accident cover.

Insurance is for me (I will be 30 when the policy commences) as the only driver, social use only, and doing around 5,000 miles a year. Car is parked on a drive way.

Anyone in a similar situation managed to get a better quote? If so - where from.

Cheers
Chris
Owners Club Member No. 86

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ine=1163024370 Gone but not forgotten....The Tank
Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate)
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 14:53   #2
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Chris

Fair bit older but it may help

56 years old, full no claims, car garaged,

Bonus protected, fully comp, 8000 miles per year, legal cover

My renewal with the RAC was £246 so I changed to Hastings direct, you know the one 0800 00 1066 for £178 all in.

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 15:06   #3
welly
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Auto Conn. SE Saloon

Have you tried Tesco

They saved me £130 pounds this year over Hastings. You can adjust the excess online to find a balance that suits you.

I am unlucky to have one of the UK's worst postcodes (Oldham) even though we are a small town on the edge of the Saddleworth Moors.

CDT Conn SE Auto 43 years old, 5 years no claims and one SP50 speeder. £329 All in.

Please think about paying a subscription to the club.
Its only £3 afterall. Click the Paypal button at the top of the page.!!
welly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 15:07   #4
Nomis
Loves to post

micra

Go through Quidco or similar and get cashback to reduce the price further. For instance I am 36 and my wife 30. We got our cdti fully comp with both insured with prudential for £249 one off payment with an offer at the time of free green flag breakdown. Quidco gives me another £100 cashback which is due on the 31st of this month. So a nice £149 for year with breakdown cover. I have 8 yrs no claims and the wife 6 years. It reduced the price by £40 by adding the wife to the policy though she rarely drives it. I do not like the two loves of my life meeting without me present
Nomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 15:19   #5
DJO
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Hello

It is insurance renewal time, and this will be the first time I have done an annual renewal on the 75 (having bought the car in August, I was mid-way through the policy on my Pub 106, so only had to pay an additional £60 to upgrade the cover) and my quote has just come in from my current insurer (Bell Direct, one of the many trading names of Admiral).
I am in a similar position to you, first time insuring the ZT as I transferred the policy from my previous car (Rover 214Si).

My best quote do far is from Bell, coincidentally! But mine is about £586 something... I'm 32 but live in a not so brilliant area and park it on the street.

Not tried More Than yet, nor going direct to Bell (I used confused.com to ge the Bell quote).

I use www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk for advise with money, he has a few more car insurance links.

David
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 15:22   #6
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly View Post
CDT Conn SE Auto 43 years old
Does that come under Classic Car insurance?!

SCRI

Malcolm
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 15:28   #7
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

Here in Northern Ireland car insurance has been a bit of a rip off to say the least, but with both Tesco and direct line now quoting here, things have improved a heck of a lot, one example, my brothers insurance on his 1.1 fiesta was almost £400 with Zurich, and direct line did it on instalments for around £170 I'm on classic insurance myself, but the family 75 is due for renewal in February, so i shall be visiting a few web sites (seems to me if you do everything on line you get at least a 10% discount) best advice is shop around until you can't shop anymore :lol:
Old 13th December 2006, 15:28   #8
Commodore
Loves to post

ex: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate). Now: MG Motor MG ZS Exclusive 1L Automatic

Hi Guys

Right - Just tried Hastings, the best they came back with was £420. I've already done Tesco (theirs was £523.95) - not good as Tesco's insurance is basically a rebranded Direct Line policy. Also tried Sainsburys and Asda. All similarly bad.

RAC wanted £440 lump sum based on a £220 excess.
Owners Club Member No. 86

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ine=1163024370 Gone but not forgotten....The Tank
Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate)
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 15:45   #9
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
Hi Guys

Right - Just tried Hastings, the best they came back with was £420. I've already done Tesco (theirs was £523.95) - not good as Tesco's insurance is basically a rebranded Direct Line policy. Also tried Sainsburys and Asda. All similarly bad.

RAC wanted £440 lump sum based on a £220 excess.

Try Confused.co.uk
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 15:51   #10
welly
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Auto Conn. SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
Does that come under Classic Car insurance?!

SCRI

Malcolm

Nice one.

Please think about paying a subscription to the club.
Its only £3 afterall. Click the Paypal button at the top of the page.!!
welly is offline   Reply With Quote