Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th July 2018, 20:06   #1
Rugbyrhinoman

MG ZT 260

Default MG ZT Saloon 135CDTI+ 2004 (04) facelifted model XPower Grey metallic exterior

***NOW SOLD***

Offered for sale this lovely MG ZT saloon with the M47R BMW common rail diesel engine. This car has been my daily driver for the past three years since I bought it off my neighbour (August 2015 - and he owned it since July 2014). It has been looked after and maintained to a high standard in my ownership with oil, filter (oil and fuel) changes being made on a regular basis (The last one being January 2018 and the car has completed around 2,000 miles since then). We have a file with lots of bills (and MOT certificates) for this car so previous owners have clearly cared for it before I took ownership. It consistently returns over 40 mpg - sometimes as high as 45 mpg, it is smooth, fast and handles superbly. You can see from the pictures that the car is in excellent condition and its performace and condition belies its age.

This has been our family car and has supported me throughout my long daily commute over the past three years - so we are looking for it to go to a good home to someone who understands and appreciates the qualities of these superb cars.

Specification

Engine and technical

2.0 (1951cc) 131Ps CDTI+ Manual 16 valve, double overhead camshaft common rail turbo diesel (96kW)
Five speed manual gearbox
Disc brakes all round with electronic brake wear warning and Bosch 5.7 four-channel ABS
McPherson strut front sports suspension
Z-axle rear sports suspension
Power assisted rack and pinion steering

Exterior

New style bumper incorporating black steel mesh MG grille
New style headlamps with halogen projector lamps
Front fog lamps and twin rear fog guard lamps
Lower grille in front bumper
Union and chequered flag badging on "D" posts
Rear lip spoiler
18" 'Grid Spoke' alloys with 225/45 R18 GoodYear EfficientGrip (with optional 4J x 16 T125/90 R16 spare tyre for temporary use in boot)
Locking wheel bolts
Body colour heated door mirrors, electically adjustable
Rear Parking distance sensors

Interior

Sports style and shaped seats with AXIS Grey (flat woven fluted) with leather side bolsters with grey stitching (optional upgrade)
Rear centre armrest incorporating load-through flap
Sports leather steering rimmed steering wheel
Leather gear knob
Front and rear electric power windows
Green-tinted glass
Black Oak style treatment on fascia
Pollen filter
Time heated rear window with auto switch-on
Courtesy light "wake-up" at unlock
Courtesy light auto on with engine off
Courtesy light delay
Pathway illumination facility
Central door locking with plip controlled super locking and opening
perimetric allarm with passive arming/disarming
Bright door sill tread strips
Optional ICE upgrade Kenwood (KRC 394 Radio/CD with 6 CD autochanger in boot) with six speakers
Steering wheel volume and mode controls
Rear screen mounted aerial

The good bits:

Recently fitted front suspension (MG Rover dampers, top mounts, coil springs and isolators - not pattern parts) June 2017

Recent new Bosch S4 battery fitted

Replaced anti-roll bar links (June 2017)

Headlamps are clear (not cloudy, like many)

Four good tyres (GoodYear EfficientGrip) and virtually unused spare

Injectors 1 and 2 replaced recently by Thames Valley Auto-Diesel (Spring 2017 and spring 2018)

Handbrake regulator upgraded with Arctic modification

Overhauled alternator (September 2017)

Replaced rear wheel bearings (May 2017)

Replaced disc brake pads (May 2017)

Brake fluid changed (May 2017)

Engine mounts changed - hydramount and polybush (2015 and 2016 respectively)

Pollen filters changed regularly

Plenum modification undertaken

Disc brakes replaced (all around) within the past eighteen months or so

Not so good bits:

This car has covered c207,500 but due to the excellent manner that it has been maintained the car runs and performs just like it is a few years old. These BMW diesel engines are reputed to be capable of over half a million miles, if looked after properly.

Only one key available

The Automatic Climate Control has been dismantled - the compressor failed and there was a leak in the system so removed it. I still have the parts and pipes should you wish to reinstall it.

There is a tear in the drivers side bolster (vinyl side piece not the leather bolster itself)

The Mass Air Flow sensor has been disconnected - runs better and smoother, as others here have found out!

The bodywork is good but there are one or two minor dinks as one would expect in a car of this age.

The rear window surround black paint has all but flaked off revealing the brightwork base underneath - common problem!

Interested? Here's what to do...

If you are interested in this lovely car then please PM me or ring 0788 431 2536 - I can also send you some more pictures. I am looking for c£800 ono - this is a fantastic car for someone looking for a well kept, affordable MG and intends to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_5857.pdf (471.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_5858.pdf (470.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_5859.pdf (519.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_5860.pdf (377.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_5861.pdf (350.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_5863.pdf (415.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_5864.pdf (408.0 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Rugbyrhinoman; 26th August 2018 at 18:42.. Reason: Now sold
Rugbyrhinoman is offline   Reply With Quote